Surf Report 2008

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

K-man
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by K-man »

The north reefs have been blown for a week :roll: The wind swell kicked in over a sm south,so it was the downtown channel dance.Good tides, favorable winds were slight OS.
To about shoulder high,good shape,very workable,light crowd.Been surfing the The quadfish and it is a delight :D
The call is for background south starting tom.then sat/sun.Looks like it's early.NW will back off tom.hopefully a little more s. will geev'em some push.

cheers
alfredo zavala

Post by alfredo zavala »

Driving down to Oceanside this saturday.

Staying till mon afternoon.

Doing the annual late summer visit to my dad/family.

Hope to score some waves - looking good at this point.

Especially looking forward to some warmer water - how is the temp down there boys?

I shouldn't say anything as it seems that whenever I come down I bring some kind of cold water curse with me!

"Gosh it's been 70 for weeks, but this morning the water temp feels like it has changed 10 degrees"

So still bringing the full suit. :wink:

Hope to see some of the brotherhood of kneelo.
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Alfredo - Yeah, last week Jalama must have in the mid 50's - a bit icy upon first step. I would kill for a warm water session.
kbing since plywood days
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Time for the Springer down here. :D
Craig
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Craig »

Fredo, the waters like 70 degrees :D The two mill spring suit been working great. See you at the jetty.

sTiLl a gROm :!:
NCountyKneelo
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by NCountyKneelo »

Only a wuss (or a Grandpa) wears rubber in 70 degree water. Bring Trunks and Surf shirt.
alfredo zavala

Post by alfredo zavala »

Yeah!!

Got the Birdwells ready to get wet!!

The water is warm up here too! - 58!! :shock:
skansand

Post by skansand »

ive been surfing hb and the wedge the last few days... some exellent rides on both my surfmat and kneeboard..wedge has been great quality and mellow crowd with a really good sidewave thats ridiculously fun on the mat....

Hb has been a zoo with the US open of standing goin on.... i was surfing between SC's ratboy collins and hawaiis Mason? Ho (the dad)... i turn around and perus sofia mulanovich is paddling out...

i just got out and started skating the concrete wave in the parking lot...but even that was crowded with gremmies...
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

from swellnet:

The good news is that we're actually at the beginning of an extended period of moderate SE swell for the entire state. The low responsible for today's large swell has moved to a position near New Zealand, where it's expected to hold steady for a couple of days. A strong S/SE fetch off the SW top of New Zealand's South Island is expected to swing more SE into Thursday, holding all the way through Friday, before a second, stronger SE fetch develops just to the south, in conjunction with a small surface low embedded in the broadscale feature near NZ. This low will then track northwest into the lower Tasman Sea over the weekend, remaining favourably aimed within our swell window until next Monday or even Tuesday.
The end result will be a lengthy run of quality SE swell affecting almost every beach in NSW. We can expect wave heights to fluctuate in the 3-5ft range between Thursday and Monday, ahead of a secondary pulse of strong SE swell late Monday (in the Far South), extended into Sydney waters on Tuesday morning, that may push slightly above this, into the 4-6ft range. Swell from this source should continue through Wednesday and possibly even Thursday if we're lucky, although the biggest waves from this source will probably occur on Tuesday
As for next week, the surf forecast is very complex. Not only are we expecting a solid kick in SE groundswell generated by an advancing SE fetch in the lower Tasman Sea, but an upper trough is expected to slowly cross the SE corner of the country over the weekend, that may very well spawn another deep low in the Tasman Sea. The specifics are not very clear at this point in time (computer models are no in agreeance regarding the strength or position of this low), but as it stands at the moment, we're unlikely to see any shortage of size across NSW beaches from late Monday thru' Wednesday, possibly Thursday. All in all, a very active forecast period ahead - more on this in Friday's update.

i love it when a plan comes together 8)
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
knee_boarder

Post by knee_boarder »

We had 2-3ft yesterday. First swell in ages and it was manic out there, I can't believe the number of people that have started surfing in the last twelve years since I was doing it seriously!

Got one reasonable wave but I'm unfit as anything, struggling to catch waves at the moment, and boy was I aching last night - mind you, it is the first time I've been in since December so it's no wonder I'm doing so badly.

Roll on September when I'll have a new board and the autumn swells should start coming through :D
randiego

Post by randiego »

Only a wuss (or a Grandpa) wears rubber in 70 degree water. Bring Trunks and Surf shirt.
I trunked it at Uppers last saturday at sunset. The water was 68 and most of the guys out there were wearing fullsuits! WTF? :shock: :shock:
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
gumby

Post by gumby »

Hopefully it’s a form of birth control

:lol:
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
Craig