Surf Report 2008

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

KEL
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by KEL »

Surfed Oceanside this morning with more kneelos than standups in headhigh, fun conditions.... Casey, Craig , Scott, Alfredo(from up North in his speedos(enjoying the warm water I suppose) just kidding...pleasure to meet you Alfredo, nice guy), Rob and hell...Im sure I am forgetting somebody and am sorry but had a great time. Joel took 1500 photos :shock: :shock: :shock:...first day in the water for me in a month due to work, very theraputic...GOOD DAY KEL
Scott
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Scott »

Kel, yes, that was a great time with everyone at Oceanside. Most guys I've kneeboarded with short of a KSUSA contest! Pretty competitive crew of standups along too, and eager for every wave they could get. Makes me understand why the whole Kneelo Cove crew like to take over a peak up in their area! Southpeak Brad and Bill Lerner were particular standouts to me of how to milk those lefts for all they were worth. The water was so warm I ended up trunkin' it, which was a real treat for me! Nice talk time with Randiego and Craig Russell, too.

Had a the sweetest of follow up lunches with Brad and Fredo and my wife, Pam. Plus, dinner the night before at Mark and Patricia Robertson (Mark's an amazing cook!), following two surf sessions with Mark at RJ's, beach talk time with Mutiny and Steve ?, Barry Baker and EQ. My idea of a vacation, I'll tell you.

Always around 3-5' swell, better than what I'd surf for sure this week up in Santa Cruz, but you just gotta love beachbreaks down here; that's most of what you see. Thanks to all for the hospitality.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Dang - Jimputz and I were down there yesterday and it was kinda funky. Nice to see Scott, Zeke, Joel, Beeline and Craig but the surf was uninspiring. Glad you all had a good time.
skansand

Post by skansand »

surfed the wedge yesterday..just me, one friend and one bodyboarder... it was mellow but the barrels were throwing so far.. surfed till from 5:00 til dark..
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
W.G. Facenda

Post by W.G. Facenda »

Surfed Desert point yesterday it was unreal 8ft and perfect..I was the only one out. I GOT IT! You didn't....ha ha
alfredo zavala

Post by alfredo zavala »

Back home after some nice warm water sessions at the O'side S jetty.

Yeah Jimbo I think it was better on Sunday vs Sat. for sure.

On Sunday, for a while there were 6 kneeboarders out on the main peak there @ the So jetty. :shock:

It takes me awhile to get used to the type of crowd that surfs there - very aggressive as compared to up here. Craig definately gets his share!!

The warm water was heaven!!

Actually had the most fun this morning with a smaller (albeit just as aggressive) crowd but much less consistent on the sets. I caught alot more waves and had the better board for sure.

Joel took some shots of me on Sunday, how does one try to see what he has?

Anyway great to get to meet some of you "Southers", even getting to know Caseys okole very closely between the spray of his wake in my face as he rode so eloquently in front of me on one of the better sets of the day :D That new Vartinian looks sweet. Definately one of the highlights of sundays session :wink: :lol:

See you guys in Santa Cruz - bring your rubber!!

Thanks KSUSA.
Casey Patelski

Post by Casey Patelski »

Uh o, I guess I'm the bad guy. Sorry Alfredo, that new Vartanian quad made me do it, (not even look back to see if someone was deeper.) I do wish you had a video of that wave though! The new set of FCS Quad M fins freakin' made that board rip. Finally got a magic ride now. I owe you a set wave Al.
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
Willy Kelly

Post by Willy Kelly »

Waves were going off in Humboldt today surfed for 4 + hrs on 6 to 8 foot faces with epic conditions with just me and my stand up bro and the drift wood on the beach

nothing like surfing perfect waves with no one around :D :D :D

peace and good waves
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Damn it Fredo we missed it (again). You are just going to have to host in your area this fall. :D
alfredo zavala

Post by alfredo zavala »

Ahhhh. . . Fall. . .

The best time of the year. . .

Can't wait for those nor'westers to start . . .
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Great time last Saturday at the Harbor with Craig and Mark early then Scott, Fredo, BillL, and Randy! Scott, come back in the Winter and we'll surf a different beach break farther South :wink: Stoked for you Fredo that Sunday you got a bunch of waves!
wino

Post by wino »

Had some fun short lunchtime action at the local beachie w/ Jacks Lil Bro and an old friend from the hood. Little south lines coming through. Warm water and sunny skies.

Summer $UCKS and that's that. Bring on Fall and Winter!!!

That being said it's been a pretty fun summer so far.

PS, anyone find my leash? I lost it on the 4th of July. I need it back to slow myself down. :idea:
maxb

Post by maxb »

nice little south showing, anyone up for a surf d.p tomorrow? i am going to check wedge at dawn and if i don't surf there i will end up somewhere between 48 and 56, anyone that feels like joining me come on down, or up as the case may be 8)
tom , ler south of the cove does get good on occasion ,and how could i forget wayne :oops:
kbing newport
skansand

Post by skansand »

wedge was insane today..... seriously all-time.. got so many in-n-out barrels and floaters and cutbacks...and HUGE SCARY PITS!!

had the most insane surfmat session ive ever had after i buckled my shoelkopf :x :D

pics to come...
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
maxb

Post by maxb »

looked at wedge at dawn today way low minus tide and south wind not good :cry: went to 52 and had some fun as the tide filled in it got decent a few barrels and and some nice hits off the top
maybe next time
ska you must be either very lucky to keep catching wedge good or you are just living right 8)
kbing newport