I know, I know fins again!!!

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

ScottMac
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K-man

Post by K-man »

:lol: Yeah...there's always one smart arse...Two, if I count myself.One of those electronic thing a majigs don't work.Guy put it on,jumped in the water,instanly got chewed[dead]Think it was in OZ....figures

morphing posts,again :lol:

cheers
JackG
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by JackG »

I've had the same pair of Churchils for >20 years, but am trying to find a pair more comfortable to wear over booties, and try something other than churchills at the same time.

So far I've tried Vipers, but even at one size bigger than my normal size the footbox was too narrow to be comfortable with booties. My regular size Churchills were more comfortable with the booties on! I tried Duck Feet years ago, and as others have observed cramps were a problem, so I'll not try those again.

Redleys are the next set I'm trying.

BTW: Since I live in a hick town on the edge of the continent I'm spending $$$ to have UPS ship fins back and forth between here and ebodyboarding's fulfillment center in San Clemente. That's why I'm trying one set at a time. Wish I could just go somewhere with the same selection they have and bring my booties with me.
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

After weraring Duck Feet for many decades, I had to find something that worked for my sports-abused ankles. I also tested Vipers for a couple years when they first hit the market....only one model back then: stiff.

I've found that the Churchill Slasher model works well for me. And, surprisingly, I can wear them bare foot OR with a fin sock.....with no restriction of blood flow/cramping. The entrance to the foot box is snug (nice element- keeps fin on foot when the lip zeros in on your foot) but the foot box itself is nice and wide for my EE foot. I doubt if it would work with a bootie that has a thicker sole but I haven't tried that yet.

I have a couple pair and will be passing through SB next Weds (10/5) on the way to my daughter's wedding in Santa Monica. Can drop off a demo pair for you to use until Sunday.
kbing since plywood days
knee_boarder

Post by knee_boarder »

Got a pair of Tech 2's. Seem okay but I haven't used them much (Winter fin). Just got a pair of Octoblades and really like them (Nov rated them too in one of the other threads).
Doc Turbo

Da Fins

Post by Doc Turbo »

I have been using Da Fins now for about 7 months or so, with excellent results. They also have very large sizes, so I can finally wear reef boots. Not too heavy. Seem relatively durable.

I ordered on the internet, and was shipped from Hawaii to Indonesia, via our corrupt system here, I received them in about 5 weeks or so.

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Coconut wrote:Anyone use Hydro's Tech or Tech 2 fins?
I am using the original soft Hydro's in the winter, only because they fit my feet with 5mm booties on. They provide good traction on my deck also.
They are Australian, and a lot of Australian's use them.
I use short yellow vipers otherwise. I might replace the Vipers with shorter fins in the future, but they work good for now.
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction