Surfspots near Cal Poly SLO

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

NCountyKneelo
Local (More than 25 post)

Surfspots near Cal Poly SLO

Post by NCountyKneelo »

My firstborn just went on a college tour. He checked out LMU, USC, Pepperdine and Cal Poly SLO. I think SLO has a bit of an edge as they just happened by the Shaping Bay in Admin Building on campus. There were over 100 blanks in various states of shape. The Tri Tip Sandwich at the Thursday night street fair didn't hurt either. Oh yeah...and there is the college. Now I need to investigate the "semi-secret" spots anyone is willing to divulge. I understand if you are not willing to give up your "very secret spots" but I would love to have a bit more info for him if he takes another trip up there during winter swell season. PM me if not willing to publish. Much thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Your kid really taking an interest in going to college, $50-$100 per application. Your kid choosing Cal Poly SLO over USC - priceless!
surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)

slo

Post by surfhorn »

oops........

NCKneelo- a PM didn't go through.
kbing since plywood days
NCountyKneelo

Post by NCountyKneelo »

Heading back to Cal Poly next Friday to meet with the chairman of the Journalism Dept. to see if it is a good fit for my first born.

Surfhorn, a PM to me would go to Ncountykneelo, not NCkneelo. Anyone else who might have some suggestions on where to surf near SLO in the AM on Friday, Nov. 21st. would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
joe

Post by joe »

PM SamC, kneeboard member of the CalPoly surf club for the inside scoop on school and surf.
SamC

Post by SamC »

Definetly some fun spots up here and some of the best surf in all of California for fall in my opinion. I'll definetly be willing to share some spots, but not the secret spots :twisted:

I just sent you a PM let me know if your interested