INFO ON BOOTIES

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Steven Lewis
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

INFO ON BOOTIES

Post by Steven Lewis »

If your shoe size is 9.5 do you go to a size 10 bootie are go with the size 9 for a tighter fit :?:
Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mike Fernandez »

9 or it will bunch up in the fin. It will stretch enough and not be too tight with only 1/2 a foot size.
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
Steven Lewis

Post by Steven Lewis »

Thank's Mike
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Also check different brands. Each manufacturer has a different template when they cut out booties. Just like we all have different size/shape feet.
kbing since plywood days
skansand

Post by skansand »

some boogies/kneelos i know suggest going a size up to prevent cramps in your feet.....

i have the largest size fin sock/bootie i think anyone makes but its still too snug with my 14" EE feet...

lots of cramps lately so i havnt been using the flippers too much .. :shock: ..not that i dont want too..

a certain plastics-genius kneelo i know is talking about possible production of super warm thin fin socks.... 8)

the methods being used today in high end wetsuits but hasnt been incorporated into fin socks just yet.....
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Matt, let me suggest an answer for your bigfooted problem. :lol: Buy some fins that have the fin boot designed so the upper part is above the fin blade. Then cut out the lower (toe end) top part of the foot pocket. Kinda like open toe'd shoes. Should work. Just another genious idea from yours truely. :wink:
I noticed you said you have been getting foot cramps "lately." If your not getting them all the time, then it's because you need some Gatorade, and bananas. :wink:
Also, where have you been surfing? Bloody Hell, you live in SoCal, you don't need booties, unless for chaff. :lol: :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

Rocky Point/Black Rock
KED
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by KED »

I have a pair of H20 Odyessy neopree booties that I got from ebodyboarding.com that have a fin tether attached to the bootie. Love 'em...
Be who you are and say what you feel.
The people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind.
KED

Post by KED »

Check out National River Supply (nrsweb.com). They have size XXL Hydroskinz and other fin socks and booties.
Last edited by KED on Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KED

Post by KED »

Scuba diving sites may be worth checking out for bigger sizes.
Last edited by KED on Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

KED, I have those also, in a 5mm thickness. They work great. :wink:

Rocky Point/Black Rock
TC

Post by TC »

Chadsdad I agree with Mike if you go too big you will be wearing water balloons on your feet. A little snug is good, too sung and you have cramps. Make sure you try your fins on with your boots if you wear fins. If there tight under your fins you will for sure have cramps. Good luck mate. TC
skansand

Post by skansand »

mike, been there done that.... :o ...cut a slice in end of my vipers that let my foot flex the pocket a bit. made em heaps better and didnt cut down on the power at all...

.they worked for about a month before the fin blade literally snapped off in a seal beach closeout... broke 3 bicep leashes that day too...heavy day!

my feet have only been cramping since i bought my 5mil xxl H20 odyssey fin socks..

every few years H20 Odessy switches xxl production from 3mil to 5mil and vice versa....they no longer carry xxl 3mil socks, for now... and Xl sqeeze my feet too much....:roll:

so now im trying to rapidly break down the neoprene without adding tears or holes...

stretching, leaving em in the sun un-rinsed after a surf.., throwing em in the dryer with the other socks..(after rinsing)

their a little better but still not quite there.....

on the other hand, ive been washing my 4/3 oneil mutant after every surf since i bought it right before the last santa cruz contest and its now like 1 mil in high stress points.... :x
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

skansand wrote:i have the largest size fin sock/bootie i think anyone makes but its still too snug with my 14" EE feet...

14EE?!? Dude, I can't believe you'd need any fins at all :shock: :lol: :wink:
KED

Post by KED »

scansand wrote:
.they worked for about a month before the fin blade literally snapped off in a seal beach closeout... broke 3 bicep leashes that day too...heavy day!
Hmmmm... You were sponging, yes? Never heard of or thought about using a bicep leash for kboarding.... but it's an interesting idea.... would avoid having to deal with a leg leash getting snagged by a fin or flipper.
KED

Post by KED »

chadsdad... If you don't find big enough fin socks/booties, and your fins are still hurting your feet... you might want to give Force Fin Pro's a look... they are available in larger sizes than most fins, have an open toe, and can be padded with a felt insert for added comfort. I wear them for diving - hours at a time - and never get cramps. But then of course I do down a banana and a Gatorade before diving... so who knows... it's all relative.