Fellow kneelo at County line

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

frog
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Fellow kneelo at County line

Post by frog »

Met a fellow Kneelo @ County Line yesterday Dec.4. I didn't caught his name. We spoke a bit. Talk about this site. Like his board wanted to find out were he got it...

Frog
chuckster
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Re: Fellow kneelo at County line

Post by chuckster »

frog wrote:Met a fellow Kneelo @ County Line yesterday Dec.4. I didn't caught his name. We spoke a bit. Talk about this site. Like his board wanted to find out were he got it...

Frog
Hey Frog, Its chuckster yea we talked at county. How ya doin bro... I need to get back in the water. It was good that day, fun too. My board is made out of the Clyde Beatty shop in Santa Barbara, custom shaped in 2005 by Steve Brom. A 5'8" 23.5 x 2.5 tri fish. It is a little bigger than I expected then in the drawing board and the first time I rode it was in Costa Rica on a double overhead day. My first wave I got launched, scared the s*&^ out of me. I could not turn it, the wide nose hung up on the offshore winds, it was a problem. I did not like it at all. I am glad I had an older clyde board I had left down there. I was saved. I got back and talked to Steve and he got me dialed in with some smaller fins and Yea. It works now very well. Frog I liked your round tail too, we should hook it up.
Keep riding, Its forty years now, still rippen!! Had a great trip, No 8 to Costa last June, I love that place. Checking into a possible Nica trip.
Have a great day....
chuckster
Still rippen after 40 years. 40 years thats right
frog

A Kneeboarder Day

Post by frog »

Chuckler...Let get together. I surf sun. 1/4/09 It was a what someone told me on the beach "A Kneeboarder Day" Me and a fellow kneelo took over the point at county line. It was beauitful site to see a fellow kneelo dropping in on the set waves. And myself dropping in too. and no one snaking us!!!

Later that day when we came out of the water. The local and fellow surfers were telling us we were the talk of the day. About the two kneelo ripping it up. And putting on a show.

It was a day I'll always remember...The day kneeboarder earn some respect.....I am trying to group of kneelo who ride county line. Maybe get something going with all local kneelo. Maybe a club?

Frog

Chuckster here my no. 909-806-6476..
rrvillagomez@aol.com email
surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by surfhorn »

When I visit my daughters in Santa Monica I stay with my old surf buddy up Corral Canyon and we surf Boneyards. Will keep my eyes out for you.
Last edited by surfhorn on Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
kbing since plywood days
chuckster

Re: A Kneeboarder Day

Post by chuckster »

frog wrote:Chuckler...Let get together. I surf sun. 1/4/09 It was a what someone told me on the beach "A Kneeboarder Day" Me and a fellow kneelo took over the point at county line. It was beauitful site to see a fellow kneelo dropping in on the set waves. And myself dropping in too. and no one snaking us!!!

Later that day when we came out of the water. The local and fellow surfers were telling us we were the talk of the day. About the two kneelo ripping it up. And putting on a show.

It was a day I'll always remember...The day kneeboarder earn some respect.....I am trying to group of kneelo who ride county line. Maybe get something going with all local kneelo. Maybe a club?

Frog

Chuckster , here is my no. 909-806-6476..
.......................................................................................................
Its all good in the neighborhood, Ill give ya a haler. I would love to join the group. When do you have a day, I am busy Sunday but any other day sounds good. need to get in the water, been working too much.
Pura Vida
Chuckster
chuckster

Post by chuckster »

surfhorn wrote:When I visit my daughters in Santa Monica I stay with my old surf buddy up Coral Canyon and we surf Boneyards. Will keep my eyes out for you.
Hey surfhorn checked the join dates.... we are here from the begining.
Where is boneyards anyway? What kind of break?
When do you plan a venture south?
It sure would be fun to all hookup together.
have a great one
Pura Vida
Chuckster
frog

Sound good

Post by frog »

Sound good I'll keep an eye out for you. Boneyard is the futher northern point of county line by the rocks... I enter the contest up in Santa Cruz. I do plan to go south soon...Give me a call..

Frog
DEZDIG
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by DEZDIG »

As rare as a condor sighting. Believe or not, there was five count them five kneelos at LA County Line (Neptune’s Net) on Sunday. Look out Kneelo Cove; Kneelo Point just might be starting something. Fun day and a great vibe in the water. “Frog you had a sweet barrel by rock pile” and blocking wave for Stretch was a blast. Great session, hope to see you out again real soon. “Go Kneelo Point”
Anthony A.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hey Fellow Kneelos - there were eight of us at HB South Side on Sunday. It really is funny to look at the faces of the stand ups in the water when there are a bunch of kneelos around.
maxb

Post by maxb »

oh, i don't know, i was the only one (kb'er) at salt creek sunday, and seeing the looks on their faces when i was coming out of barrels that they weren't was pretty priceless. having a few comrades would have been nice though :(
max
kbing newport
kneelingBROTHA

Re: A Kneeboarder Day

Post by kneelingBROTHA »

frog wrote:Chuckler...Let get together. I surf sun. 1/4/09 It was a what someone told me on the beach "A Kneeboarder Day" Me and a fellow kneelo took over the point at county line. It was beauitful site to see a fellow kneelo dropping in on the set waves. And myself dropping in too. and no one snaking us!!!

Frog

Chuckster here my no. 909-806-6476..
Hey that's a good idea; a LA County kneelo club would be sick! I might be down for that. I have 1 1/2 months before I get back into the water though. But by the end of spring/early summer, I would be psyched to session with some other LA County kneelos!
dropkneeing is a sin...isn't it?
kneelingBROTHA

Post by kneelingBROTHA »

maxb wrote:oh, i don't know, i was the only one (kb'er) at salt creek sunday, and seeing the looks on their faces when i was coming out of barrels that they weren't was pretty priceless. having a few comrades would have been nice though :(
max
Hey, I would be down to sesh at Salt Creek or Newps, too. I can let you know next time I'm down there Max.
maxb

Post by maxb »

brotha, any time or maybe your part of town. by the way, creek was 3-4 and smokin offshore sunday morning, best creek i have seen in a long time
max
kbing newport
kneelingBROTHA

Post by kneelingBROTHA »

Definitely Max! I'm down. I'll be back in the water in a month and a half. When I'm back to going down south regularly, I'll let you know. Or, if you're coming up here before then, let me know, because I'm shooting a lot of photos right now. $20 a shot, either as an 8x10", or the file on CD! Your choice! Shameless self promotion!

But back to what you're probably more interested in (than paying for a photo), I'd be down for some sessions--I want to get good enough at the Newport jetties and surrounding areas (and of course, at home) to kneel on the peak at Wedge. That's my goal. We'll see how that goes!

Later dood.
frog

Post by frog »

Anthony,
Good to see you again. It was a blast on Sunday. It was rare to see some many kneelo in the water. As we kneelo took over the point. I saw something I never seen before in all my years of kneeboarding. As I was paddling out a set came in. I saw you take off on this nice wave got barrel. Then next wave Stretch took off and got barrel. The next one after that another kneelo Mike took off and got barrel. I took off on a wave got barrel. I wish I had a camera!!!

It's offical "Boneyard" just got rename to "Kneelo Point"!!!!

It was fun blocking for Stretch. Even the stand up were doing the same for Stretch. As we were all waiting for him to catch a wave on his new board. And ragging on him when he didn't catch it.

Sunday as you said fun day and great vibe. After you left couple of kids came up us and said we were ripping up the point. And were can they get a kneeboard? Look like we are going to be adding couple more kneelo to the our kneelo family!!!

Sunday was a day I wil not forget for along time. If wave are up on Sat. or Sun. I'll be there.. Let me know.

"Go Kneelo Point"

Frog