Surf Report 2010

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

SamC
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by SamC »

reefs were all time...glassy, square, no crowd, and non stop barrels. thinkin of stayin up here in stead of the contest... :?
alfredo zavala
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by alfredo zavala »

On the way home from the contest scored some pretty good Rincon.
Tide was going out, 3-5' with an occasional 6'.
An incredible end to a good 4 days of surf and the fun of the contest gathering.Saw mister Sam Coyne there too. Great minds think alike!
Jesse Billauer of "Life Rolls On " foundation was out getting pushed into some of the bigger ones!! What an inspiration!He is a para- plegic former pro surfer who is still out there with a little help from his friends.Check out his web site for some inspiration!
Thank you Jesus! :D
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

Got to surf my new epoxy quad today in HH beachbreak. The board has just the right amount of float, and the epoxy felt "Lively". It's good to have a quad back in the quiver again!!
JackG
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by JackG »

Sounds like I just missed Alfredo and Sam at Rincon on Sunday. I was there in the late afternoon.
KneeBumps

Post by KneeBumps »

6-8' (drifts) here, water temp 0C, air -5C, wind offshore 25-30mph :shock:
"All I want in this life of mine is some good clean fun
All I want in this life and time is some hit and run"
Lowell George
alfredo zavala

Post by alfredo zavala »

Inspired by one of the posts here and the fact that North of Pt. Conception was out of control, I drove down to Rincon Sat. morning and found some 4-6' indicator on the higher tide and some fun 3' on the inside on the low tide.
Surfed for 4 hours and I'm feeling it today :oops:
Really fun session and some nice drops on the bigger outside ones.
Paddled by Joel Tudor and said, "Howzit" and he just stared at me. :shock:
I was the only kneeboarder out. Some guy paddled up to me and said his best surfing buddie was a kneeboarder and when I asked his name he said Mike Sears!(Our correspondant from the Monterey penninsula!)
Small world.
Jessie Billauer was out again courageous as I can imagine.
Its always seems an amazing go out for me when I'm there.
Queen of the coast fer' sure.
Bill F

Post by Bill F »

It was ALOT bigger north of SB. Well overhead on the sets.Not really a Rincon swell...
maxb

Post by maxb »

Well Bill, Rincon may not have been big yesterday, but at 1-2' overhead and for there a minimal crowd,it was awful f@#^in fun , waves from outside all the way into the cove, 5 KB'S, and 3 spoons in the line up 8)
Max
kbing newport
JackG

Post by JackG »

The swell swung south as the weekend went on, lighting up Rincon (and my local spots) .
khoningford

surf report 2010

Post by khoningford »

Paddled out at Dog beach (HB cliffs) at first light today. Looked big from the parking lot but soon realized that it was REALLY big. Two other guys out at the outer reef and it seemed like we were mere yards away from the oil platform. Weird how it was nowhere near this size just a few blocks away at the pier. Easily 10' on the face with much bigger sets. After about an hour the other two went in. Three hours of absolute bombs all by my lonesome ( well, with the exception of a juvenile seal that popped up right in front of me with this "WTF are you doing out here?" look on his face.) Classic. Felt pretty good about the session, till I heard about the guy who almost drowned at Blacks, saved by 3 other guys. Be careful out there...
spidah da kneeridah
Casey Patelski

SURF REPORT- TALBERT SANCTUARY

Post by Casey Patelski »

3/16/10 OC, TALBERT SANTUARY, 9 to 10 am, Perfect chest high zipping tubes. Light offshores, dolphins are back, rights and lefts, super shallow = danger. Good session. Bigger Wednesday. H2 fins releasing nicely off the top air drops. Woo hoooo.
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
K-man

Post by K-man »

Swell jumped overnight...12 at 15,a small south underneath.State beach was pretty good, to HH, bigger sets.Holes up and down the beach.The rips were going pretty good.Don't stop paddling.... :lol:
No baitballs,crowds were quite spread out.Very nice..There will be no work tomorrow.....Heard OB was rideable?Santa cruzers?Not much info...Ya'll asleep at the wheel down there?.... :lol:

cheers
Scott

Post by Scott »

K-Man, I got off my flight home from Taiwan and China, and hightailed it, exhausted as I was, right over to Santa Cruz (watched the cam at OB, too, but decided on SC) for this rising swell. Even though it's been a great winter for big surf, I had a record low number of tube rides this winter--go figure. Well, that changed this afternoon at Naturl Brdges. Just four of us out and it was looping on the scary inside table reef. But I got my share of tubes for sure, and certainly the deepest, widest small tube in a few years. So much fun--the barrel is back!

I was so tired driving home I had to pull over and just sleep off an exit for an hour.
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
K-man

Post by K-man »

Sounds like not much surf in china or taiwan... :lol:NB? Always give it a check on the way down.Haven't surfed it in years.Woke up to drizzle and onshore winds this morning...Clean out the man barn,stay busy.

cheers
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

I have done many work weeks in Xiamen China with great beaches and all the surf blocked by Tiawan, Torture.