George Greenough Article in Ocean Mag

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

joe
Legend (Contribution King!)

George Greenough Article in Ocean Mag

Post by joe »

I ran across this Greenough Article in Ocean Mag a free San Diego publication.
frog
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Greennough my hero!

Post by frog »

Great article!! I remember to this day. The first time I saw him surf Rincon. I was amaze what he was doing on a kneeboard. Because of him I give my surfboard or threw it away I don't remember. I went out and got me a kneeboard and never look back to this day!!!
Man O' War

Post by Man O' War »

Joe, thanks, that was good.

Moral of the story: find what feels good, regardless of how it looks -- stick with it -- improve it as you go, get creative, do it yourself if you can
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

carbon rules
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
randiego

Post by randiego »

Ocean Mag is really great - can't be making that much money but truly a local gem.
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
geo

Post by geo »

Korduroy.TV
Stoke is something we are all after. In this World Wide Webclip, Kelly, Curren, Shaun Thompson, and even George Greenough explore their definitions of stoke. What's yours?

http://www.korduroy.tv/2011/stoke-surfe ... e-webclips
waka

Post by waka »

Whats my stoke?

www.kryptsurf.com

:wink:

Surf Mat History

Developed in 1933, the air filled surf mat was an Australian invention. It predated all of the modern surfboard design and history that we know today.

Krypt is proud to carry on the development of this uniquely Australian surf craft, which is at the cutting edge of high performance surfing, into the 21st century.

The Krypt MT5 Surf Mat is designed by Mark Thomson. This 5th generation design is the product of 10 years design experimentation and development, The MT5 sets the standard for advanced fabrics in modern surf mat design and construction.

The MT5 surf mat is made from an ultra thin, lightweight, Hi-Tech military fabric that is incredibly strong and durable. Each surf mat features a self-sealing one-way valve that is unique to Krypt Surf Technology.

In waves that are 1 foot to 10 feet, the Krypt MT5 is a super intuitive and exciting surf mat to ride. It has fantastic grip on the water, which allows for incredible speed, awesome power and extended projection through each turn.

This combination of speed and control makes the MT5 surf mat a high performance surf craft guaranteed to put a smile on your face every time you surf.

The future of surf mats has arrived.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igN3FqwC29E

8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auAtQelynmk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1JWfxqDd1Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igN3FqwC29E

Ordered my black beauty today....I'm hooked!!! :wink:
Just call me 'Poppy'
Wandandian Devil
KenM

Post by KenM »

waka wrote:Whats my stoke?

www.kryptsurf.com

:wink:

Surf Mat History

Developed in 1933, the air filled surf mat was an Australian invention. It predated all of the modern surfboard design and history that we know today.
Credit where it's due! It was called the Surfoplane and was the brainchild of Dr Ernest Smithers. There is a pic of Doc Smithers kneeriding one on the SurfReseach site. Those Krypts look awesome.
Captain Kneemo fan club

Post by Mark Ramirez »

I'm the "happy camper" today. After Joe posted the Greenough article I search for it. They always have it at my local 7 eleven. (quiki mart). There were none to be found! Wait, it rained a couple of days ago, maybe they got soaking wet and were tossed out? But this morning, getting some coffee from my favorite cafe, waiting for them to hand pick the coffee beans and roast them, only one single copy of the Ocean magazine left! :D I knocked people down just to get it! I had found it! 8) Life is good :!: