Surf Report 2011

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Let me know if you want another kneelo to join you on a good day at Rincon, with fewer of my closest friends. I would be in the water at 0 dark 30:am. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
Masons
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Masons »

Another awesome day at Rincon yesterday, head high with some bonus sets here and there. The rivermouth has an amazing sandbar right now with perfect, boxy, 3-4' barrels just reeling across toward the cove.

Saw another kneerider out, fins and a very short, old quad? Anyone from the forums?

Lot less people out due to the storm/junk weather earlier this week. Will post next time Con' starts breaking and you are more than welcome Mike.

But I will burn you and anyone else for waves :twisted: lolol
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Hey MF J-Beach was on fire Friday/Sat...................
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Newport was also. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

Rocky Point/Black Rock
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Woooooooooo, my spot about five miles south of the Cove was darn near perfect for five foot faces. Lefts, rights, about five guys out, then all alone for 1.5 hours. :D :D :D
I felt like a pig at the trough of chocolate chip cookies Carl E's wife made for Razor, and I was eating them all :!: Just disgusting. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll pay for it tonight though because the red tide is back, and my sinuses were in it for four hours. :wink:
I could pull photo duty tomorrow if anyone is interested during the outgoing tide. :wink:

Rocky Point/Black Rock
Masons

Post by Masons »

Id assume the nor cal guys are getting some nice sessions right now. SB is pretty good and the buoys have swell. Thank you fall.
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Yesterday was very good up here. Well overhead, clear, sunny and glassy all day. It was 89 degrees at sunset last night. Today the swell is a little smaller, but again excellent conditions. Fall is nice 8)
fishfinger

Post by fishfinger »

woo hoo they are saying 2 to 4 and offshore thursday...cough cough i am feeling a little sick...now echo beach or the cove whats the call...
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Tom, what's "echo?" Should be decent Wed also. Because of the tide, I'm going to crack the SS manana. :wink:

Rocky Point/Black Rock
fishfinger

Post by fishfinger »

its west newport 56 st area...in the eighties thats what they called it...mike you would love photographer mike moirs book echo beach...it was the beginning of short flashy boards and surfwear...thats why i referenced that awesome gold morning pic you took of 48th or 56 st. c ya soon...
Joe Taylor
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Joe Taylor »

Fish, Thurs looks to be really, really fun... somewhere in the best 100 yards (surfer mag article in the 80's). I'll be out there somewhere, here in newps.
Call if you're goin out.
wanderer

Post by wanderer »

arrghh come on you guys :evil:
im only up there sunday mon tuesdays save some swell for me
i just got home to a huge 1-2 ft again :cry:
will it last for me :?:
scott
fishfinger

Post by fishfinger »

hey guys check out this new kneelo cove cam...carl turned me on to this makes you feel like you are there... http://surf.solspot.com/weather/north-p ... gton-beach
stevea

Surf report 2011

Post by stevea »

Bali right now now is enduring the longest flat spell in over 5 years ,sort of coincides with giving up the dreaded cigarette just over 2 weeks ago
Balian has been about the only surfable wave in that time with a crowd factor on the saturation side ,yet it proved the versatility of kneeboard surfing as Brendan and Stewie made the most of the outside 3-4 ft peaks and fattish walls ,why i even had a bit of fun on the odd unshared set
It looks like another 5 days before the next minor swell arrives in the meantime another 3-4 sessions grovelling with the masses before possibly hitting some waves of consequence
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Hey Steve, good to catch up while over there, looks like I was there at the right time for waves then. How're the boys holding up with flat conditions ..... Bintang hour ??