How is the surf so far this year in your part of the world ?

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

john -
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by john - »

true true red - sounds like you've enjoyed a silver spoon in terms of surf locales - 13th beach poo problem has been eradicated by extending pipe 1km out to sea - further, the pipe is about 2 to 3kms from where the action is in terms of most frequented surf spots so dont here much talk of it these days

Point impossible is perhaps similar to bells - if your a Winki man it might not impress - due to family im more low key these days and take whats on offer - the good to get wet mantra is employed by my demographic.

also Huey has in for me at this time - friday 5 to 8 feet along the reefs around my area - sat morn down to 2 to 3 - 14 surfs on the new board and cant crack 4 ft plus day - miss by a day every time - karma!

cheers

dorje
merely labled
spot
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by spot »

Down in Vic OZ surf either side of Easter has been really good (in my view) - mixed between big swells making the reefs and points fire and small clean ones for the beachies.
I'm a recent full time convert to kneeling and feel like a 34 y.o grommet at the minute absolutely enjoying the buzz of riding so close to the wave and curl. Take offs easier too and more wave per session - being a mediocre stand up goofy was a hassle on Vic rights with wave hogs in the water - now I can take off inside with ease.

Reason the the conversion? ..... nagging memories of some insanely unique rides I'd seen other kneelos get finally inspired me to cough up the bikkies and get me a decent board. I'm stoked and reading these pages fires me up more - you lot are an insightful, dedicated, friendly and helpful bunch. May the peaks be with you!!
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

26th Ave had waves yesterday.
kbing since plywood days
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

It's too bad there were no surfing shots of Scott. He was ripping it!
That was a surprisingly fun session. All these winds have been driving us batty.

We did a repeat dawn patrol today. The swell was smaller, so we headed back to Ocean Beach. While it had some SW wind on it, Don, Scott and I got some bigger and very fun surf. There were only a couple of folks within paddling distance, so the wave count was nice and high.

John S.
How's it been down there?
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Just got the word that County Line (SoCal) had chin high waves and only 3 guys out. The surf reports were calling for a diminishing swell so it looks like everyone decided to stay home.
kbing since plywood days
Scott

Post by Scott »

There is some NW wind swell around, and the trick is finding a sheltered spot from which to take advantage of it. Bob Schiff and I had a clean, fun session yesterday at Rockaway. Turns out the Bruce from www.surfhumor.com was snapping some pics, and got some good ones of Bob--he was attacking it from every angle!

Check out: http://www.surfhumor.com/Photos%2012.htm See the section referred to as "South of San Francisco.
scoop

Post by scoop »

here is a site that shows my beach thismorning approx 13 hours ago....I didnt bother going out...DY was better but still too narley
http://www.surfit.com.au/surfit/display ... &slid=2214
I just piched up a Crozier slab twin fin in good condition but cant access pics to leave a foto...it has a pepsi ribbon on the botom
very late 70s
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
scoop

Post by scoop »

NN is protected by long reef though didnt go up there...DY point was bigger but sloppy
Cronullashould be weekend before Oct long weekend because of nippers first weekend etc
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
scoop

Post by scoop »

I had the best surf I have had in years today just at the end of my street here at beautiful Freshwater beach
Like Wax....it is nice not to have a real job...

Tony
hart

Sou'east swell

Post by hart »

East enough for Northy...

both Novs were home..and surfing.

Barrenjoey was on the money but....looooong lefts.

hart.

PS

only by phone.