How is the surf so far this year in your part of the world ?

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

K-man
Legend (Contribution King!)

south

Post by K-man »

s,

Interesting,this swell just popped up,been watching it for afew days.This place is unique.Like cronkhite this place sucks in the S.Unlike the city this place faces south to southwest.Must be the direction-wetsand is calling for another small one in afew days.And sometimes these predictions are a little off,as in this case.
Vigilance is essential.!!

cheers
ivandill
Local (More than 25 post)

Puerto Rico going off.

Post by ivandill »

Best 3 days of surfing in a long time here all thanks to hurricane Jeanne. The storm that without been hurricane pass tru the middle of our island and leave a wave of devastation here without giving us no waves,then destroy Haiti and Santo Domingo.She stay up in the atlantic near the north off cuba spinning for some days sending to the island big swells that for three day rentlelsly,and still going for tomorrow,give us thebest waves for remember in the future.10 to twelve foot waves up to 25 foot faces in some spot in north coast with south west wind.The star of the show was Chatarra sending for 2 days 10 to 15 foot faces highspeed thick liped barrel through one of the most dangerous reef in the island. Tell you, i though iwas in some remote part of indo, or in perfect gland.bu t the whole coast from west to east wasfiring and still is for tomorrow but smaller.Hey , we are happy with jeanne, now, :D .Hope the bicth dont f@#& florida again :shock:
VANCHEE
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

Florida is about to get slammed again :cry: . The buoy offshore is 26 feet @12 seconds. Evacuated again, this time to Orlando at a hotel with a huge back up generator.
DarcyM

Jeanne

Post by DarcyM »

Hurricane again ... Florida is not having a good season. :( I know your house was spared last go around, Eric, best of luck for the second half. We're crossing our fingers for you.
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
hart

Fla

Post by hart »

Good luck Eric..

The pictures we've been getting in OZ have been horrific..

Stay safe..

Yet how about the pics you've been posting of the waves you guys are getting?

Hope its all cool

Bruce
Burnwater

Post by Burnwater »

Haiti has taken the worst of it and not because of just the hurricanes. Because our government cares enough to supply arms to overthrow one corrupt regime for another instead of humanitarian aid to improve the inviroment and the infrastructure. Poverty and greed has caused the complete deforestation of the country in order to export charcoal for our barbees. So, if any of you really care and you'd like a little money to go a long way send the cost of your next pair of flippers to:
http://www.careusa.org
tread lightly, lean forward, leave a clean trail.
Burnwater

Post by Burnwater »

Haiti has taken the worst of it and not because of just the hurricanes. Because our government cares enough to supply arms to overthrow one corrupt regime for another instead of humanitarian aid to improve the inviroment and the infrastructure. Poverty and greed has caused the complete deforestation of the country in order to export charcoal for our barbees. So, if any of you really care and you'd like a little money to go a long way send the cost of your next pair of flippers to:
http://www.careusa.org
albert

Post by albert »

Burnwater wrote: improve the inviroment
Yeah.... Thats what we need to do.... Improve spelling!!!!

Nothing personal burnwater!
Just having a bit of fun!! :twisted:
albert

Post by albert »

Do we really want this to turn into a political forum????

I think not!! then again I may be wrong!!
Burnwater

Post by Burnwater »

Albert,

Thanx four tha speling korexhon. LOL. I'll edit better next time.
I'm not trying to get political, just having some compassion for our Caribbean brothers and sisters who have taken a huge wipeout. They need all the help they can get and if some of it comes from a few kneeriders then so be it. By the way. CARE is neither a political or religous organisation but strictly humanitarian.
Craig
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Craig »

Burnwater, I think we all feel bad when disaster strikes any country. But to blame Haiti's current situation on U.S. Haitian policy is complete garbage. You should do your homework before expounding on your personal political views. The US sends more humanitarian aid to Haiti than any other country the world.

STiLL a GrOm!
albert

Post by albert »

This is what I meant by "getting political" in this forum...
Burnwater

Post by Burnwater »

I did not intend this to be a political discussion so this is the last time I'll bring it up.
With all due respect to Craig, I have done my homework. If you follow the money trail of the two major U.S. Govt. funded organisations in Haiti.The National Endowment For Democracy(NED) and the U.S. Agency for International Development(AID) you'd see that more and more of their funds are being diverted from development and humanitarian programs and put into political programs to craft a carefully tailored electoral democracy based on conservative interest groups. So I guess I'd like my main point of this thread to be that if you can help financially in the Haiti flood victim relief please do so. And if you want more assurance that your money is being used wisely, donate through a non-governmental organization(NGO) like CARE or one of many others.

Nuff said. Just surf talk from now on.
Thanks
Ben B.

Post by Ben B. »

Headwax,Headwax,Headwax! we are losing him! quick go the defib! :shock: