Post by Kev »

:D
yeah but you did have a bit of standup experience
so you knew how to handle a board
wolruss
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by wolruss »

Maybe that's my problem, being full tasmanian (or a full taswedgian) maybe I'm trying to unconsciously make my way back there......bugger I'll have to unlearn me good an proper engrish and go back to me native language........meet you out in the Stait somewhere D.J. (hear there's a swell hitting King Island on the west coast)

Cheers...cheers ........ch....pass another bottle to me will ya or was that a labotmy.....fffffathermother
dua anjing
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by dua anjing »

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me .............
than a frontal labotmy
I live in my own little world, But it's OK they know me there.
Riq dekneelo

Post by Riq dekneelo »

currently 57, on my knees since a toddler being a lapsed catholic, surfoplaning at merewether from 1960, on a kneeboard from 1967 having taken my younger brother's barry bennet kneeboard after he decided to go standup.
Still practicing.....

Hey Wolruss what part of the apple isle did you hail from? If the southern urge takes you get in touch.

I'm just about to do the annual migration south to Bruny, Cloudy Bay calls though I not looking forward to the amount of rubber :shock: my Queensland acclimatised body needs to venture out But definitely worth developing a fetish :twisted:
I'll be back up here (late Feb) for some of the cyclone action Hopefully :lol: tho the Noosa points with a cyclone swell are like Pitt St in peak hour.
Riq de(Carvalho) Kneelo
change the only constant or the board is not the limitation
MALLEE BULL

Post by MALLEE BULL »

49 AND LOOKING DOWN ON FIVE O :roll:
STILL LOVE DOGGIE STYLE :oops: :lol: :lol:
LOVE FIXING UP OLD BOARDS
AND STAINED GLASS WINDOWS
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Hey Mal, that poor poor doggy :lol: :lol: hows the cat :shock: :shock:
Riq dekneelo, I originally hail from the Kingston Beach/Blackmans Bay area, I can only remember Bruny Island vaguely but Adventure Bay stands out in my mind for some reason....left there when I was a wee sprat ,13 yr old, and moved to North Narrabeen 1969 then down to the South Coast area in 1976. You might know a close mate of mine Colin Tree who comes from the North Narrabeen area, he now lives in Brisbane and meets up with the boys from Wind'n'Sea. I've also spent some time at Noosa back in the 80's surfing Boiling Pot, Nationals etc but got some great waves at Sunshine also. I vaguely seem to remember you having a connection with the south coast also ???

Cheers Wolruss
Kev

Post by Kev »

here is a picture of some of the SCKC
sunshine coast kneelo crew

I think Col is second from the right ... next to Anthony on the end
from one of the pointscore sessions - sept 08
http://www.diyfactory.com/surf/SCKC_Sep08.htm

sorry the picture is not up to Steeno's standards
but we try
Riq dekneelo

Post by Riq dekneelo »

Hey Wolruss,
Lived on Mt Kembla, windy gully- 78-80,taught at keira boys for about a year then got back into architecture before heading north. Got my first fish from Nat Palmer when he shaped for Skipp and foolishly let go of my Crozier flex and brace of fins :roll:. Mind you I've never looked back from the fish but have an old ebayed slab for fun slidey daze.:D
Adventure bay is pretty but the surf's at Cloudy (most consistent):D , Lagoons (think cold,cold Kirra) :shock: and Coal point :shock: (like a left hand central coast banzai, with kelp) on Bruny.
Been a couple of years since I've had a ride with the windies and over a decade and more since I last hit the circuit, maybe next year. :) :)
One things for sure there is no such thing as too old to surf, only too tired, too drunk, too stuffed or too stoned :D :D
Riq de(Carvalho) Kneelo
change the only constant or the board is not the limitation
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Hey Kev,
thats him and thanks for the link. I think thats the Nichol I gave him in the background - yep I'm the one responsible for that one....sorry Col, but he's got a new Parkes now and I'm not sure which attempt he's at with the woody now. Met Anthony down here at Bendy one year...and Daz (the threshing machine) have had a few good laughs with Daz - both competed for the first time in the same contest in the same heat in 6' to 8' diggers and we were rolling off our boards with laughter - I still don't know what about but some good memories.
Riq, make the effort and come down for the Wollongong next year, be great to trade stories of places & waves etc. Mate if I was going down to Tas I would let you know 'cause I don't really know where to surf down there...anyway must buzz, the minister for war & finance has to be picked up from work and then off to another Xmas party

Talk later
Cheers Wolruss
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Two of the young Kneelos turn 13 tonight. The Odom Twins Elise and Evan will celebrate their 13th birthday this December 24th.
weirdo

Post by weirdo »

37 years young today! Kneelo-ing for 20 odd years...
stevea

Average age of kneelos

Post by stevea »

Congratulations Wierdo your a couple years older than my last girlfriend ,i know you got swell for the anniversary of your delivery
The 30s are a great time but they say life begins at 40 well let me tell you oops i better not go there coz people will think im shallow but its not over till the fat lady sings its why i dont watch that pommie sort that sings like a nightingale and looks like ,well not my last ,next or any ladyfriend
Happy Birthday from an ex northy kneelo
bdwqld

Post by bdwqld »

I think it was Groucho Marx that said:
" You are only as young as the woman you feel" :D
My 80 year old aunt said that 60 was the new 40 so I got plenty of time no mater how you look at it. :P
"Start at the Knees Please"
http://neepro.blogspot.com/
Doc Turbo

Re: Average age of kneelos

Post by Doc Turbo »

stevea wrote:Congratulations Wierdo your a couple years older than my last girlfriend ,i know you got swell for the anniversary of your delivery
The 30s are a great time but they say life begins at 40 well let me tell you oops i better not go there coz people will think im shallow but its not over till the fat lady sings its why i dont watch that pommie sort that sings like a nightingale and looks like ,well not my last ,next or any ladyfriend
Happy Birthday from an ex northy kneelo

Steve Steve Steve, how understated, a couple decades older than the Bandit :shock:

SHALLOW, its all relative.

My Birthday is Saturday, turning 51 and hope to have extremely high barrrel count against Apples

kneeboarders age today

Post by stevea »

Well you ought to be congratulated Doc but a young fellow like you intending to take more barrels than Apples after he delivered the fins for your last birthday present i think you might owe him a couple ,enjoy wish i was there i will be sweltering in 40 degree heat
Ahhh the bandit she may have been younger but when my mate Brian met her ,he"said be careful shes at least 10 times smarter than you"
sometime later i told her ,she nearly fell off the bed laughing
"your friend Brian is a moron im at least 100 times smarter than you"

Have a good one ,i will crack a couple stubbies and think shallow happy thoughts