Kneeboard Resurgence?

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Beeline2.0
Legend (Contribution King!)

Kneeboard Resurgence?

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
wino
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by wino »

Amen :twisted:
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Fish and retro are coming back as well.

There's an interesting article on Swaylocks about speed. I'll try to link when I get a chance. Do a search on 'kneelo' or 'kneeboard.' Once you have, please comment.

Anyhow, the quest for speed is out there. I see more and more fish out there. The flow is being rediscovered.

It is what it is. The great majority here have been unswaying all along.
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
W.G. Facenda

Post by W.G. Facenda »

[quote="SFKneelo"]Fish and retro are coming back as well.

There's an interesting article on Swaylocks about speed. I'll try to link when I get a chance. Do a search on 'kneelo' or 'kneeboard.' Once you have, please comment.

Anyhow, the quest for speed is out there. I see more and more fish out there. The flow is being rediscovered.

It is what it is. The great majority here have been unswaying all along.[/quote]

-----they are finding that you can leave all the pumping constantly to the kids or contest guys and ride a fish and cruise at high top end speed in the tube.
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

How interesting that they termed the resurgence as "re-infestation".

Instead of, "We shall overcome"

the Kb'ers Mantra will be...

"We Shall Overwhelm"... :wink:
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W.G. Facenda

Post by W.G. Facenda »

I have always liked that about kneeriding! I could care less if anyone else does it. :D
Ler

Froggers

Post by Ler »

The boyz at the Frog House have always been kind to the kneelo man. My second kneeboard in 1978 was a single fin Small Faces. Just the typical comments kneelo's in Orange County get, that wasn't even bad at all. I had a guy tell me last summer, if I wasn't using my ankles he was gonna break them for me. (behind my back) and he was pissed just because I chose to ride water waves on my knees. Makes me laugh.

Ler
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

My first 2 boards were Small Faces.
5'6" and 5'2"
Both were very instrumental in getting into the flow.
The Frog House will always be remembered fondly.
And continues to be...
Spots ebb and flow.
The beauty of Newps can fade.
Last year, the gathering saw tiny surf.
A couple days later, it picked up and presented a great experience.
In the mix was the Frog House.
IMHO, it's a sanctuary amidst the stucco.
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

The Frog House is always my first choice for any gear. Beeline thanks for posting this bit of OC surf history. TK is a colorful character who loves to tease his customers. I remember way back in the late 60's when the origanal owner, Frank had the shop. There was beach sand up to your toes on the floor and always a keg of cold beer flowing in the back. I was way to young to indulge in the amber and could only get there when my older brother would go to the beach.
Now,it's the closest shop near me and like TK says location is a big part of his succes. It's the only shop north of San Diego (the Green Room) and south of Santa Cruz( Freeline) where you can be sure to find newly shape kneeboards.
TK loves to get a rise out of people and if he finds a sensitive spot he'll be sure to exploit it at your expense; for laughs only. He really does support kneelos, but be prepared for a little hazing. :lol:
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

1ST trip to SoCal when I was about 17 I was on my way to Laguna Beach, but I had to stop at the Frog House. Even in NorCal, there were 4 things everyone knew about Newport and Kneeboards: Romo, Bill Sharp, The Wedge, and The Frog House. Always buy all my gear there when I'm in the OC. That TK guy is a riot. Hazed me every time I asked about kneeboards, but always welcomed me back the next time I passed thru.
MWROBERTSON

Frog house

Post by MWROBERTSON »

I was just in there on Sunday. There are about five new Romos in stock now and there was a Line Up 4-fin hog in the used board section. I pop in often to see what's on the rack new and used. RGK shaped and still does shape a heck of a kneeboard. I'm not sure of his wearabouts now. There were two guys that used to RIP Newport on their RGK single fins. One guy was a big stocky blond haried guy and his friend was a taller/slender looking Latin guy. The big guy ripped with aggressive power and the Latin guy was smooth/stylish. Anyone know who they were? Very inspirational when I was 15 out on my 5ft single fin G&S bathtub model.
K-man

Post by K-man »

interesting...Backs aways I talked about A KBer up this side in the earl;y-mid 70'sQuiet,not especially outgoing,although friendly to a point.Pretty beefy guy,had thights could choke a horse,which he used to great advantage.
Rode a twinnie,and had a different manner of catching waves.Kinda rode off the side of the board,kicked like a mule,and ripped....
He move up to point arena,and was/is known to ride that place at ''size''with no fear.
Lat I heard he retired,somewhere in the s. pac.islands.ocasionally comes back.Imports somthing from there to there.
Was from the newport area.????

K