I know, I know fins again!!!

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

surfdad50
Local (More than 25 post)

I know, I know fins again!!!

Post by surfdad50 »

I was wondering, What are the good points/bad points of shorter blade stiffer swimfins? any good at all? thanks..............
surfdad50
Beeline2.0
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toofast3
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by toofast3 »

Hey... I still wear those churchills !!... Just 2 different colors.. Any way, to me, Vipers are to stiff. Duckfeet give you alot of power. For awhile, I used one duckfoot and one churchill. I have used Redlys before and liked those. I only have 1 now. But no matter what combo I used, I always go back to churhills.
toofast3

Post by toofast3 »

Besides, I just got to 150#
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

Vipers are to stiff.
try viper orange dots, they flex more Image
Besides, I just got to 150#
lol im 2 of you! :roll: :roll:
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Maybe this is a good excuse for a Gathering. We could contact manufacturers and have them attend with their fins/products so we can try out the various models. Probably best in a warm water situation where we can spend a lot of time in the water KBing and body surfing.

I'll have to put that on my to-do list.
kbing since plywood days
Coconut
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by Coconut »

Anyone use Hydro's Tech or Tech 2 fins?
fooj

Post by fooj »

Tech 2s are wimpy. I hear they easily rip on reef and don't float. Supposed to be pretty comfortable though and they look pretty. The original Hydros are the better choice of the two. They're pretty compact but flair out at the ends and the V-channels along the sides kind of catch on each other, something you would have to get used to. Each time you get up your right foot (fin) may be over your left or vice versa, not the same everytime, sort of irritating. Some guys like them.
bongbong
TC

Post by TC »

Good point Beeline well it is only 30 pounds for me form the magic high school weight (and almost 30 years) my question is which fins do you use? As I said in a previous post I have been looking at changing to either Duck Feet or Tech II’s. Worried a little about foot cramping in the Duck feet but would love to have that thrust what do you guys think. Cheers TC
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

I used duck feet for about 15 years. they had great thrust! only problem i dont miss the cramps in my leggs and feet, the sores and scar's on my toes and feet they gave me (even with booties or fin socks on). the loss of bloodflow in my feet due to how tight they were (size~ extra extra large). i used both blue and black and orange and black duck feet. in the end i gave both pairs away and switched to vipers. however, UDT's have peeked some intrest in me.
when i got my own board back in the 70's i got my 1st set of churchill's. they were so comfy! but lack thrust. vipers used to jack up your feet till they padded them now they are padded so you have copmfort and thrust. im happy~~just my opinion
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
Marky V

Post by Marky V »

I have been using DC Clones for the past year or so, no more foot cramps (ever) ,much less calf cramp, loads more thrust than churchills, soft'ish foot pocket and stiff blades.
Used duckfeet a few years ago but cramped too much to keep them. I love my Clones, has anyone else used them?
I was toying with the idea of trying some vipers, wondering how they might compare?
TC

Post by TC »

Marky V, ebodybaoarding.com has Manta Clone fins do you know if they are the same as or similar to DC Clone fins? If not where do you locate the DC Clones? Cheers TC
DrStrange

Post by DrStrange »

Me thinks foot shape has something to do with it. Me---Fred Flintstone. The Tech fins squeeze the sides of my feet so bad forces early exit from the surf and my feet hurt so bad could hardly walk back to the car. Ducks to me are quite comfy. More so than Vipers which aren't bad but squeeze the sides of feet a tiny bit. WILMA!!!!!!!! BRING ME A ROLLING ROCK BEER!
K-man

Post by K-man »

WILMA!!!!!!!! BRING ME A ROLLING ROCK BEER..and a soft shell crab sandwich :lol: Gonna be an E-coaster to understand.

Ordered a pair of fins from dondoesn't seem to answer His E-mails :?or phone calls.May have to send a singing telegram.. Would like to try out a pair this winter for those washy days..Not interested in hangling off the back[trolling for..]Is there any info available for guys like me.....? :roll: :lol: :P

K