Moderator: Moderator

john -
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by john - »

Sparrow wrote:
Dorje/seahorse :!: Why the change :?:

Sparrow
'seahorse' at work due to some recent home computer wire pulling toddler problems

changed passwords so many times due to reloading that i wanted a back up system that was easy to remember

"slowly slowly catch the monkey" were does that come from? apart from my 80 year old father ive neve heard it said before until in that post

is there a channel 28 type station in nsw?...a very left field broadcasting channel in melbourne/victoria that promotes the less known...would think it well worth the look
basil
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Wankers

Post by basil »

yep I saw it, yes it is a step above any else - enjoyment and learning :)

Some wanker next to me said - hey I'll scab a copy from my mate .... what a wanker ... how does he think people make a 2nd movie ..it costs a truck load to make these movies then take a further risk by creating the actuals dvds and packaging ... not to mention the surfers time and the music.. so I said ... are you a stand up ... nup he says .... I am a cripple and proud of it .... yep I said ... an emotional cripple ....

OK, I'll cop the flack on that ...

Well I say this, no mate of mine would offer a free copy because he respects the maker .. of the movie or of software ... and if he didn't, he would be no mate of mine .... support comes from each one of us paying for the priveldge of seeing this movie .... say no to theft ... and pay for the joy of learning .... time and time again...
dorjeseahorse
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by dorjeseahorse »

thats cool basil!

id have to admit to being a sailor on the high seas under the "Jolly Roger" of a bit of music from time to time :wink: ..mostly to best of collections were i trust the artist is doing well enought o warrant a "best of"

but small art house stuff must be paid for and protected and kneelo vids and their sound tracks has to fall into this

i dont think Robbin Hood nicked from the Friar Tuck and little John...although he may have stolen the maid Marion's virtue...or maybe she gave it away....
Bintang Bob
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Bintang Bob »

Hey Simon, my NS5 showed up this mornin' :!: :!: :!: Between me & the New Zealand postal system I didn't think it would ever get here :wink: It's as good as everyone has said and then some :!: Oh, and I was late to my frist job :lol: imagine that :roll:
Kneel before the majesty of our mother ocean
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Bintang Bob :)
Mate it was a mission but I'm stoked that it is with you now & you enjoyed it all :wink:

Hey Basil,
Thanks for your support & I agree 100%.
I need the support & backing of the kneeboarding community to get these out. No support no films.
Anyway, to everyone that has bought a copy thank you :wink:

Sparrow
barry

reviews

Post by barry »

Hi Simon
I wanted to let you know that over the Holiday weekend we just had,
my friend Fred (who bought a copy) :P Took the dvd to his parents place where the folks and some coworkers (who dont surf) all got to watch it. They were all Stoked on it :!:
Comments they had were; it was exciting to watch, leaves you with the feeling of the Hawaii experience,
Coments like these coming from people raised without an ocean/aquatic
upbringing mean that you truly captured the vibe that we were all fortunate enough to share while at Bud's place :D :!:

Many Thanks to you and the entire crew who worked hard and put in lots of hours on this project.
I personally feel that kneeriding can only benefit from this DVD :D
Barry
basil

It's been fun

Post by basil »

We're got and we're gone
Last edited by basil on Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Damien o

Be true to thyself ...

Post by Damien o »

Basil, I have thought about your posting. I am a positive type of person and cannot read that you sought to stop this topic in its tracks. I am hoping to reignite discussion.

On the surface your posting may seem aggressive.

I gather your challenges, are to both the kneelo community to support the film made by Simon Farrer.

Yet a challenge to Simon to dare to do his best and in your opinion, there is more to reveal to the kneelo community.

Anyone else have any opinion ? cheers Damien
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

I want to let people know that we have ourselves some pranksters on line under the name "Basil"
These guys are not on this site for the same reasons as the rest of us. Hopefully the posts written by these people will be removed whether they were good or not.
I wont say anymore other than I am aware of the games they are playing.

Sparrow
K-man

Post by K-man »

Well,basil is,or,they are.....basil?Stirring the pot?So be it,no big deal.Perhaps a group of merry,or not so merry pranksters..Phhhht!Take it too serious and we'll turn into..... basils.

cheers :)
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
K-man

post-sort of.

Post by K-man »

Last time for me,someone else can have the last word. :lol:
Lizzen...We are big boys and gals,and by this time in life should be able to handle this stuff.There will always be people like basil to,stir the pot, piss in it also.That's how they get attention,be it negative or positive.to see where it goes.Some of it's good some crap.
The basils would never pull this stuff in real time,to your face.The consequences might be....less than desirable

BASIL=We're got and we're gone.[Probably morph into someone new.]

MOM.
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Hey Scott,
Thanks mate :)
To have people coming at different times of the month was the key to the success of the movie. If everyone was in town for 10 - 12 days it would have been crazy trying to get film of them. It was always exciting to hear that two, three or six new faces were turning up & it kept the good vibe alive the whole month.

K-Man
please lets not focus on it :wink: This is about the film. :D

fincut

Post by fincut »

I just got the video in the mail from Freeline.

Gotta say - Hell Yahh

I've only seen two other people actually kneeboard before, this kicks ass!

Sorta cool seeing the Major difference between the three and four fin boards, didn't think it would be so apparent.

And the, I guess you call it cinamatagraphy, was so refreshing. Sotra like those Blazin Boards vids of the 80's. Loved seeing land/scenery shots. So cool seeing the personalities too. Gotta track down more flight attendants/surfing girls for the next one. :D

So you have more of these, cool.

Now just hoping that the Blast I ordered makes it through this Clark Foam bomb dropping. Oh, forgot to mention how cool it was seeing all the different equipment you guys had, the board I'm on is a relic, well, its not that bad, just definitely too small.

Also, best of wishes going out to the shapers and glassers in the industry who are going through a possible paradigm shift in manufacturing, and major down time till the poly blank supply is retooled