Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Iñigo »

When can we get it in Europe?? Any help will be wellcome
cs

Post by cs »

I guess this has been covered before. Maybe I'm just to lazy to search the BB. OK, I AM too lazy. Sparrow this is for you. Any place I can get a set of all your DVDs here in the US? I'm up for the full monty, if I can find them.

cs
Sparrow
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Sparrow »

Inigo,
As we speak the movie is flying over to the UK & will be available from the kneeboarding UK website. Tony Bonner or Crox will help you get a copy. :wink:

Barry :)
Stoked you enjoyed it Barry. I still think you were the stand out throughout the trip through my eyes, surfing, attitude, outlook on life, it was a pleasure hanging out with you mate. 8)

Darcy,
Hows it going :)
Thank you for your thoughts on the movie, it means alot.
As you said a huge amount of work did go into this though it was made easier with the variety of individuals that participated in this gathering & one that was a highlight in my travelling :)
Look forward to the next time we catch up.

Sparrow
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

CS,
Give me a PM & lets get this going for you.
The full monty is something I know all about :shock:

Sparrow
red

Post by red »

Loved the music
Off to buy some
(Rob's picking set a perfect mood, too)
Jon Manss

Post by Jon Manss »

Simon I have now watched your latest 10 times and it hasn't got old. this is your best work. It is more than a surf flic. This would be a great addition to the surf network here. Now what was the name of that station?I need help here folks. Fantastic story Simon.
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Hey Red,
I was worried when I saw your post about the movie :!:
I've never experienced such few words from you :roll: :lol:
Then I got your PM with your full run down :roll: :lol:
I appreciated your views & comments, thank you :)
Feeling better already to get amongst the action again :twisted:
Remember a trade off between leaning the rail over on an edge & maximum drive from the FEET :wink: with solid balance, & full focus not just on the next manoeuvre but the one after that & then we are just tapping into it mate :wink: 8)
Keep well.

Hey John,
good to hear from you mate. :)
Thanks for your comments also. I'm a few ahead of you with about 500 viewings from day one :shock: & still love the feeling you get when watching it.
It has definitely got a different approach & one that I meant to do from day one. There were so many interesting people with so much to share about our sport I only scratched the surface.
I have given it some thought about trying it with the networks though will need some help & encouragment :wink:
Stoked you enjoyed my movie.

Sparrow
dorjeseahorse

Post by dorjeseahorse »

Sparrow wrote:
Remember a trade off between leaning the rail over on an edge & maximum drive from the FEET :wink: with solid balance, & full focus not just on the next manoeuvre but the one after that & then we are just tapping into it mate :wink: 8)
Keep well.

Sparrow
great to hear some pratical surfing stuff from you Sparrow :idea: :!: We get a lot of visuals of course :wink:

networks...SBS...THEY HAVE BEEN ON A WINNER OF LATE BY PICKING UP UNWANTED OR UNRECOGNISED SPORTING EVENTS AND THINGS TURNING OUT WELL...THE INTERNATIONAL FLAVOUR HELPS TOO
dorjeseahorse

Post by dorjeseahorse »

Hey wax

ive said before ..i think slow :?

still it would be good to hear some not so metaphorical stuff from sparrow

anyway there i was trying to imagine balancing drive and rail entry

...but i must say i did prefer steens 'who cares about 3 moves a head when theres only one lip to smack at the time philosophy

:lol:

silly me 8)
Irish

Post by Irish »

Hey Simon
Great to see you last weekend at the PI Classic bummer about the back but you will be in the water in no time. Mate i picked up a copy of the NSG film from Neil Luke and i just have to say congratulations, this film blew me away, both myself and my wife Cass watched it and we absolutely adored it, in fact it made me want to go surfing straight away....This movie will inspire anybody that sees it and for that thank you.
It has the feel of an Andrew Kidman film (litmus, Glass Love) and in my eyes this is the ultimate acolade.
Thanks Simon, this is the next step in the kneebaord renaissance :D
BillL
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by BillL »

Hi Simon,
I showed the DVD to my mom last night after Thanksgiving Dinner and she was stoked! Thanks for doing such a beautiful job at capturing the vibe and spirit of the gathering. It really showed the diversity and commonalites that we all share plus, those guys f#%in rip!!
Bill
red

Post by red »

One thing any vid of the NS can't do is show how darn difficult the NS waves are to surf. It looks so clean and pretty out there but it's not. First you have to find one among the shifting peaks and crowds. Then you have to handle the sheer speed and volume of water moving with you - aware all the time that the reef is hard and shallow - and try to not think about the pounding you could take paddling out again. Just taking off and making a wave is a challenge. It's a real mind game and one that Simon, Bill, Barry, Karl and Chris B excelled at (check out some of the lumps and bumps the guys are negotiating as the waves move over the ragged reef at Backyards).
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

OK.
Seahorse,
My comments were following a conversation that red & I were involved in at phillip Island whilst watching Baden walk over everyone in the final :roll:
I think red & I were having two different conversations at the time :lol:
It is something that should not be looked into too much as it is a tiny section of the conversation, so it could be easily taken out of context :!:
Thanks for the SBS hint :wink:

Headwax,
What you have said about getting feed back for the next film is something that I did for this movie NSG 05.
Capturing the mood wasnt one of those requests but & I'm stoked ive captured that to some degree :shock:
Feed back was a large part of the film from Now & Then!
People wanted people shots! They wanted to know who these people are that they are watching.
Other request were more variety of surfing, styles, approaches!
wipeouts were a big request :!: :evil: :twisted: :roll:
Some even wanted girl shots & they got them though I will deny filming them :oops: :shock: They were all George :lol: :lol:
The one that I did try to focus on alot was the request for a little less surfing(wave after wave) & more on capturing the people that ride kneeboards & whats happening not just in the water.
I thought the interviews & scenic & social shots with the music got some of that.
There were lots of request though I could not fullfill all of them as some were just :!: :shock: :!:
Ive already had comments about how dissapointed they were about not seeing what people ride. Bottom curves, shapes & dimensions etc. This I feel is visually boring in a movie & it is an area like for the KSUSA to cover this hunger :wink:
Though I acccept their view :)
You lost me on a few comments though headwax :oops:
Slowly Slowly catchy monkee :!:
RC :?:
Certainly echoes of litmus :?:
Glad you enjoyed it & thanks for your input :wink:

Irish,
How's it going buddy :)
It was good catching up again. Wished I could have surfed but there is always next year. Ive only just got over the sunburn :oops: :roll:
Say hello to Cass for me.
Thanks for your views mate & telling me what you got out of it 8)
Please pass the word around mate down that beautiful part of the world :wink:

Bill,
Hey mate :)
Thats so cool about showing your mum 8)
Even better that she liked it :lol:
Keep intouch mate & got your skype :wink:

Red,
That is one thing that the movie does not show & that is that is was difficult & not as easy as it looks. So many factors around you when you're in the line up & when you finally get your chance most times the lads performed :wink:
Its is an experience we all must try at some time & break out of the comfort zone even if the conditions are only 4ft the surroundings are different, shallow reefs & more power :!: Not even to mention so many bloody kneeboarders every where you looked :roll: :lol: :lol:

Sparrow
Last edited by Sparrow on Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.