New Sparrow DVD - NSG 05 North Shore Gathering

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Don
Admin

New Sparrow DVD - NSG 05 North Shore Gathering

Post by Don »

Well, it’s that time again and because you supported previous movies such as The Sparrow has Landed and Friends and/or The Sparrow “Now & Then”. We want you all to know that the next long awaited DVD by Simon Farrer called “NSG 05” (North Shore Gathering) is now available to purchase.

During the month of February 2005, kneeboarders from around the globe gathered on the North Shore of Oahu to experience one of the most challenging surf destinations in the world.

“NSG 05” gives an insight into kneeboarding, the surfers who ride them, their boards and styles. Music by Ken Emerson, the beautiful girls, Lowride, Contra and with live performances from Rob Rennie & Lenny Vial.

So sit back and enjoy a whole new angle to previous Sparrow movies!

If you liked the last two, you’ll love this one!

The new movie is available on DVD only which includes full chapter selection.

Purchasing Information

USA : available at Freeline Surf Shop - email: online@freelinesurf.com - Santa Cruz beginning the 17th of November and also available from the KSUSA site also after the contest.

UK & Europe: Tony or Crox email: info@kneeboardsurfing.co.uk or http://www.kneeboardsurfing.co.uk

Japan : Michael Boyce mike@surfquest.jp

All other areas please contact Simon & Rebecca Farrer - email: farrer@optusnet.com.au
Don Harris
Sparrow
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Sparrow »

Just to let everybody know that the movies for the UK/Europe and Japan are currently in the process of being packed and shipped. If you are after a copy please just send your details to the contacts and they will put one aside for you.

For all Australian orders, the movie will be available from 4pm Monday afternoon!! :D

If you are after a copy please contact us at farrer@optusnet.com.au 8)

Hope you all enjoy it!
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john -

Post by john - »

hey

is that two quad riders "v" one tri rider on the front cover?.... :P :wink:

thanks in advance Santa...and sparrow
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Hey Scott,
Sorry for the inconvenience mate but I will save you one more! :wink:
The movie is being held till the weekend of the comp.
I gather it is Saturday there now!
Hope the swell came up like expected. :D
It will be available through Freeline surf shop during the comp & after.
Please say hello to John Mel for me.
I hope you enjoy it Scott & please let me know what you think.
Regards
Simon :)
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Hey Dorje,
actually its three tri & one Quad. :shock:
Dave was riding a thruster & ripping. :wink:
So happy its ready now. :D :D
Enjoy

Simon
john -

Post by john - »

Sparrow wrote:
actually its three tri & one Quad. :shock:

Simon
hey...you cant count yourself twice...i will humbly accept 2 and 1

and on reading the back cover Im looking foward to hearing from kneelos discussing their boards...should provide hours more entertaiment online in debate

and Simon

i managed to get hold of a poster from a chap who likes to present kneelo stuff in a 'professional and classy manner'...the pic is the one used to create the cover for "now and then" ..its framed and on the wall in the kitchen...even the mrs doesnt mind it...which is sayinq something...very happy ending there!

the dvd cover looks to be similar in taste...professional with some class

...its worth being called all the names under the sun to be apart of this style of surfings scene

:D 8)
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Dorje,
I didnt think you would notice me twice :roll: :lol: 2 & 1 it is :wink:
The interviews were so much fun but I wished I had have grabbed everyone who was involved in NSG. It was a last second thing & something that has turned out to be a highlight for me in the movie. I pretty much got everyone on the day they were leaving.
I'm stoked Mr Hart looked after you :wink:
Sorry about my poor effort but it just was not in my priority book which is over flowing & all on a time frame.
One thing I did do was get two copies of the cover "Now & Then" fully framed with the disc & had everyone who was in the movie not including the late great PC sign it.
Its pretty cool & a great collectors piece :idea:
Glad the wife (BOSS) :lol: likes the photo.
Ive only shown 3 people the finished product & the response was great though I'm waiting for RW :shock:
I'm sending out info about ordering(Australia) the movie tomorrow morning which should get to you Tues. Or Wed. If you want you can contact me PM or E-Mail if you would like it earlier or is Christmas looking better.
Anyway, hope you enjoy & let me know what you think.
Simon. :) :)
hart

NSG 05-sparrow

Post by hart »

A few weeks ago now, I caught up with Simon and another mate to view the Master Copy of NSG 05

I have got to make mention, that this film (dvd, video..whatever) is by far the most insightful depiction of kneeboarding that I have seen in over 3 decades

In OZ, we have lots of vid's taken of pro contests, world titles and other kneeboard related stuff..I've got a cupboard full of them

But Simon's film is something more than just wave-after-wave of contest surfing

While the surfing itself was absolutely hot (and I mention Barry Baker, Simon and David Parkes at Sunset in particular)..the whole 'vibe' of the film is what got me most

The interviews, the music and the comments from all the surfers involved gives a valuable insight into our sport and the people who participate in it

(and Baker, DarcyM and Georgie Blair spring quickest to mind here!)

:lol: :lol:

But perhaps the most valuable component of this film (for us and for others) is the sheer professionalism of the filming, editing and overall production..

Kneeboarding has just been given another angle..and it is one from which the entire surfing community can benefit

8)

Congratulations, Simon and Bec

I will continue to support your work 100%

bruce
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

Can't stand waiting. Wish I could be at the first showing in Santa Cruz. :D
RW
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by RW »

Don't tell me Japan Mike didn't really erase that secret interview he had suckered me into.:shock:

You did make a promise Simon and I'm confident that ya evolved to the next levels in the creative process.:D

Although there wasn't much heraldic surf ridden.....everyone did well in their respective comfort zones. There were plenty of clean small days that let the guys cut loose. A few tentatively pushed themselves into new frontiers and in that respect....the month your lovely wife and George spent toiling in the hot sun will surely have caught a few days of moderately sized surf that should clearly demonstrate that there is still a lot to be learned for most about surfin' the North Shore when it starts to get serious.:wink:

It was cool to finally see in this lifetime, a roving herd of KneeMen at long last camped out for a month in prime winter surf. Better late....than never. But it was you who baited them into making that giant leap. I sincerly thank you for bringing your project to the Country. It was finally getting guys to come over to surf that made my day. All the rest is just window dressing. 8)

I'll get copies for my family......mom might just put me back in the will if you have indeed made it appear that I've finally made something of myself. :twisted:

All I can do from here is wait for delivery next week......I"ll write ya then. :D
shoulder huggin' chickens
waka

north shore gathering

Post by waka »

Simon,
your best dvd yet mate :D
Sick surfing action, the music....interveiws, everything,
Well done! 8)

Gotta luv Parksey and Mygod singing...pissed and having fun, yeah!.
waka
Just call me 'Poppy'
Wandandian Devil
Gareth
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by Gareth »

Simon + Bec
the hard work was worth it a great job
I recommend every kneeboarder buy a copy and pick up up on the positive nature of it :lol:
wolruss

nsg05

Post by wolruss »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8)
Hey Simon & Bec,
I think I've drafted at least a dozen posts today and wiped all of them, so I'd better get said what I'm gonna say.
Bloody beaut. loved the movie - great format, great surfing and a personal collectors item.
I wish I had the time and money to make the effort, it certainly looked like a great gathering and one to remember.
Baz looks like a character, Darcy goes better than she gives herself credit for, great to see Bruces' dial on the screen - so many comments to make and I've only seen it once - second time tonight - third time tomorrow night.....
Hats' off to all concerned a champion effort, and makes me want to get my act together for the next one.

Keep em coming!!!!

Cheers Wolruss