KNEEBOARDS AND CLOSEOUTS

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

kneelingBROTHA
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by kneelingBROTHA »

Man O' War wrote:The "blue bottle" is a tough board, but Tony's legendary 12' FREE FALL at the Bowery took its toll. Tony (Scoop) is not a little guy. That set of stress fractures up in the belly area is telling you something.
It tells me...don't go for a closeout sesh! ha, ha. Seriously, from holding it, it feels like a really solid board, but yeah...hardboards snap. And this one would like any other at a Burnouts closeout sesh. Not cool! Hey Mark, is there a picture of this free fall? I'm not questioning its occurance, I'd just like to see something so looney. I can't imagine taking 12' to the knees!

As far as surf, luckily, there's some mediocre point breaks that aren't localized, and if I attain super ripper + status, I'll hit up some of the "less known" areas and let my mind be free on the blank canvas.

Thanks homies for the responses...
dropkneeing is a sin...isn't it?
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Like Tom says...

Up here, I use a 8' thick leash. It's overkill for Salt Creek. 6' and thick is a good call. It's not as much about 'geez it's gnarlier,' it's more about the break layout. That works across inner/outer sandbar conditions.
Jeff
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Jeff »

I agree with Tom this a good way to take a close out :)
scoop

Post by scoop »

kBro

no pics matee
Just a blown up knee for my troubles
was the time the Sydney -Hobart fleet got wiped out doing their yearly thing .... super strong sth/westerlies out of the bight and up the east coast... made for great waves at the better protected spots here just around the corner from Simon's "Deadmans" footage
cheers

Tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
Man O' War

Post by Man O' War »

My Hero - 17 FT FREE FALL at the Bowery!

Last edited by Man O' War on Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skansand

never bail....

Post by skansand »

i agree with Tom for sure....coming from the hardcore-bodyboard scene,.. im not used to pulling out of waves or pulling back when paddling for a wave....my first time kneeboarding was at perfect 5' wedge(good sidewave)...on a 5'8 single fin......alone besides my friends on the beach....i used that same single-fin at 8' thousand steps AT NIGHT!!!!.....when the phosphoresence was supper heavy....pulling into these huge wedge barrels in utter darkness only to hear a crash and have it light up like daytime...seriously #1 most memorable session....now that i have a 6'2 quad (my own to break)....i'll be dropping in on some heavy stuff for sure.... ill probably get a helmet though.....more for helmet cam/light fixture then protection cause i have the tendency to cannonball in the soup..(hands over head)...so ill leave you with my favorite quote..."Live in the pit, Die in the pit"...........
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon