FIRST SURF ON THE "BLUE BOTTLE"!

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Man O' War
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Man O' War »

EC said
It appears that the lil' blue nugget continues to create "Stoke"!!
Knowing Kneebro, the stoke won't stop in Torrance. Which continent will it go to next?
K-man

Post by K-man »

More better,Thanks MOW,Nothing worse than not knowing what's going on. End of shaggy dog story :lol:

cheers

K-bro..all's well,I am now in the loop,Good stoke!
kneelingBROTHA

Post by kneelingBROTHA »

My bad KMAN! I didn't understand the question. Silly me...

And Mark, I don't know, but if I ever get to travel somewhere where the kids and locals don't have much money but live by the water, I'd love to be able to hand it off to one of them if I have a new board. Probably a 3rd world country situation. I don't know if/when I'll ever have the money and time to do so, but...its all about sharing, ya know? Whenever my friends go down to the beach with me, I let them borrow whatever, and I'm down to help out who I can. I just like getting people out in the water, even if they don't end up sticking with it!

AND--FINAL NOTE FROM THE FIRST SESH--I surfed the first half of the session WITHOUT WAX. I just had forgotten to put it on there! Luckily, last month I shelled out (what for me) was big money, and got a Romo pad and some little Astrodek grip slivers for the tail. It wasn't easy on my checkbook, but--but--I have a damaged kneecap so it wasn't really an option not to. I skated a park last summer and hit the concrete after my pad slipped. The left kneecap is COMPLETELY NUMB...so I'd have no idea if I further injured it surfing. So, I got the pad to be safe. And comfy. And the little bit of grip in the back was so my fins didn't fall of the edges, I have big feet/flippers and my feet are kind of messed up so I might have had difficulty keeping the from flailing off.

So, I had a little bit of grip but knowing that I was on slick fiberglass and had no wax was scary...luckily one of the locals ACTUALLY CAME IN WITH ME SO HE COULD LEND ME SOME WAX! That was sooo cool!
dropkneeing is a sin...isn't it?