Anyone surf the Salt Creek/Laguna Area?

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

boards_and_fins
Local (More than 25 post)

Anyone surf the Salt Creek/Laguna Area?

Post by boards_and_fins »

I am moving to the Laguna area fairly soon, close to Salt Creek. Creek is not going to become my local break as I am not a huge fan of crowds. i am used to surfing pretty uncrowded breaks during the week. How are the crowds in the area? Any other Kneelos down that way?
ocean7847
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by ocean7847 »

laguna has good waves, but is fairly fickle. parking can be a bitch. that said, the atmosphere surfing laguna beats the huntington oil wells.

there are good waves though and you'll be able to dodge the crowds (as much as one can in OC) once you learn the breaks.

wish i could tell you more, but i've only surfed laguna a few times and a couple of those times was the creek
Beeline2.0
Legend (Contribution King!)

Re: Anyone surf the Salt Creek/Laguna Area?

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skansand

h

Post by skansand »

lol bee....ya i surf laguna and creek...although its been a while since ive been down to dana point...try brooks,cleo, or cliff st .....if you like shorebreak barrels....pm me
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

JAdams3, Tom Linn, Jimbo... there's a lot. You may want to PM them about off the beaten track options.

I'm there every now and then as well.
byunhosa

OC

Post by byunhosa »

I'm going to dawn patrol at Churches/Lowers tomorrow (Friday) if any other kneelos are out.

Scott
Steven Lewis

CREEK SESSION SAT

Post by Steven Lewis »

Im close to the creek just let me no when your going and we can get a dawn patrol seesion in.

Steve
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

I lived in Laguna for a stretch about 4 years ago. Good place to be! Used to hang around the Oak St./Brooks area mostly. Rockpile up the top and Creek down the road. Never had a problem with crowds at Creek. Everyone seems to bunch up around Rights off the point or down at Gravels. Best waves probably further down at Strands and never as crowded!!

If its flat in town Creek can be overhead! Good stuff, sure you'll enjoy.

Cheers
Bryn
jadams3

Post by jadams3 »

Creek can be very good and also very crowded .....main spots are the point and Gravels......inside barrels ........if you're gonna surf it alot, buy the annual parking pass and save some $$$ and hassle

I live in Laguna Hills and prefer to make the xtra effort to hit Trestles.....the peaks just north of the main bowl at Uppers offer opportunities to pick off lefts and also scratch for set waves into the bowl for the longer rights..... you gotta love the rock dance at low tide :wink:

SFkneelo and I have spent many days surfing this place and I've been seeing more kneelos in the water each year.......it can get crowded but having to hike in thins out the kooks who just want to drive up, park, and jump in the water......the quality of surfing is also elevated......I really enjoy walking the trail as it feels like a great departure from the rest of OC........kinda pastural...... 8)
Aloha.......JA
Jimputz

Post by Jimputz »

I was there yesterday (Thursday) and last Thursday. It was goin' off last week. Jimbo and I surf there once or twice a week.................but usually the "strands" area south of Creek. Waves are usually better at Creek but the place gets extremely crowded.
We plan on hitting it this Sunday morning early. PM either Jimbo or me!
toofast3

Post by toofast3 »

Chadsdad and I hit creek often... The trick to creek is to be in the water before the sun comes up, Then surf with a few guys for a while, THEN the crowd hits. Surf till you are fed up. Then go somewhere else. For me, i`m there for about hr and half then i`m gone. Like Beeline said if you see a guy KBing on a Awsome black board, that would be me....