I know we are all kneeboarders but?

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

surfdad50
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by surfdad50 »

Just wondering, I know we all love kneeboarding but what other sports activities are you people into? I myself bodysurf,swim laps,snorkel, and a little riding of bikes. So what are you into? andrew........... :?:
surfdad50
skansand
Legend (Contribution King!)

uhhhh

Post by skansand »

bodysurf/bodyboard/freedive/spearfish/skateboard/fishing/dodgeball/ rocking and rolling.....................yep
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

Hunt (archery and Rifle), fish, rock climb, snowboard, road bike, and dive
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
Bintang Bob
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Bintang Bob »

beer :lol:
Kneel before the majesty of our mother ocean
skansand

hah

Post by skansand »

can i add one more?? :lol:
john -

Post by john - »

ping pong, croquet, backyard cricket

the barwon heads men's group - comprised of 4 regular but also an irregular cast of many more, meets on friday nights, mostly.

weather and seasonal adjustments all of the above a played with vigour - pong being all season and the most intense - cards (500) in the depth of winter

its good to have at least one friend without kids whose house is a sanctuary - better since he shacked up with a woman who makes him keep it clean

:lol:
ross

Post by ross »

when not kneeboarding:
spending time at the local "pub" drinking under the Norfolk Island Pine that overlooks our pointbreak.usually starting after an arvo surf often going till ten or eleven pm,winter and summer

Occasionally brandishing a megaphone at the above mentioned "pub" and heckling anyone who deserves it(mainly for poor surfing performance or lack of etiquette :twisted: ).

holding up score cards as lovely ladies pass by our way,to show that we appreciate a fine looking lady(some of my mates have got hot mums hey :P ).always good to be apreciative,but staring so hard your burning holes in their clothes is frowned upon.better to just give em an 8.5 :wink:

i also like to spend lots of time and money staring at the ocean with a fishing rod in hand,masquerading as a person who catches fish(i had a poor season this year ok) but somehow looking like a pissweak version of a pirate/salty seadog who's lost his pegleg.

inventing chores for the local grommets.the more menial the better,very satisfying 8) .

indulging in the time honoured Australian tradition of teasing your mates about their inadequacies and exposing their inner thoughts in public,to show affection(trying this on other nationalities seems to always result in being fought upon).

fighting with every fibre of my being to continue doing these things and fend off the talons of responsability.
rick carne

Post by rick carne »

when not Kneeboarding.... riding my 9-3' tri fin longboard or I'm at the river on my "standup" jet ski's w/ my son or SHOOTING my gun's at the range or at little furry critters heheee!! or at the desert on my sand toys and hauling my son around to his Ice hockey games and in the winter snowskiing!(using my poles for what they were intended for... bonking snowboarders) and mainly when I'm not kneeboarding I am searching for a stepmom for my kids LOL!! got a lot of ground covered and a lot left to go!!
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Debauchery.
None rich, none poor. Everyone happy.
toofast3

Post by toofast3 »

Whats spare time ??? Is there some place you can buy some ?? I like Rick`s Idea, chasing stepmoms. But I don`t think the new wife would like that. Wait, now i`m the stepdad. How did that happen ?? The time that I have , I spend down in the basement working remote control trucks.
surfdad50

Post by surfdad50 »

some good answers. And some funny ones............ :) andrew.
surfdad50
gogglefog

Post by gogglefog »

motorcycles
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
skansand

hey mike

Post by skansand »

is that a dogtown model????..like does it SAY dogtown on it???..ive been checkin em out at the local skateshops and made 3 or 4 of em out of hardwood and crappy ply ....snapped em all .....AND i just buckled my favorite board , a Gravity 47" carve model.......so lately ive been riding my little bros sector 9 double pivot model....its cool but has a small sweet spot and resistent to slide.......i definetly like wider boards..
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Hey Skan, that is a 12" wide 34" long Bulldog Skates board by Wes Humpston, the original artist and board maker of DogTown boards.
He's the most famous of the board makers/artists.
The board is called the Griffin, and it's sweet! I like bigger boards like these also. This one is signed and numbered by Wes, and I try to be very carefull when I ride it.
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction