SURF REPORT

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

There are several threads going on right now about the next couple of days...

Tomorrow AM (Thurs.) is a toss-up for me. I just got back from SD, and am out of touch.

Friday, I'm hoping to hook up with Jack, John A., Jimbo, Kava?, and whoever else...

Access is still limited. As of tonight, Creek look messy and not showing much.

When chatting with JB, it looked like O'Side to South OC was the best bet. Reports sound like NB has been good. It might be one followed by the other.

??? gotta run!
ocean7847
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by ocean7847 »

glass off around ventura harbor tonight. some overhead set waves and some clean insiders around shoulder/head high. loads of fun! tomorrow morning, i head south - hiking into my 'secret spot' with a buddy of mine and hoping for barrels!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Flat and poor here on the east side :cry:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
K-man

Post by K-man »

Double session .Glassy all day.3-5 bigger sets.dozen people on 4 peaks.Place was empty by 1pm.Doc s.[mat man] and I watched a few nice ones peeling down the reef.
Abit too much south,the ones with more west were sweet.
Got acall saying friends surfed till almost dark,and the swell appears to be coming up :D

cheers.
stemple

Post by stemple »

OB was very fun this morning. Sunny, glassy and head high A frames and barrels on the low tide around 8 to 9. The south was crossing up quite nicely with are typical NW windswell. After a few hours the tide push started to fatten it up abit. This type of surf is somewhat rare for the summer up in this neck of the woods. A bit of a crowd but seemed to be enough waves for everybody. Perfect for the stubb vector!

Heading south to SB/Ventura area for a few days next week maybe will have time to visit Jalama. Any place north of C street that pulls in a small south?
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Swell is waning around OC.

We tried to assemble a mini-gathering on Friday...

Jack, Greg Little, a stand-up friend and I ended up paddling out at Uppers at 5:30AM for first light. The waves were fun... a bit walled and mushy, but fun. The crowd got thicker and thicker.

Jack and Greg headed to O'Side, but I heard it blew out.

Jimbo and JAdams were going to go as well. JAdams got called into a work emergency.

Later in the day I got in a body-whomping session just North of Salt Creek. There's nothing that completes a day better than a good whomp after a fun surf. Wait, I'm talking about body-surfing... nevermind.

Tom L. brought his work crew to Churches, and the plan was to hook up at 9AM.

I ended up going in at around 9:30, and was too cooked to go find Tom. Tom, if you read this, my dial-up connection is a pain. Let's chat about a surf by phone!

Sun-burnt and six sessions + 2 bodysurfs and one week into the trip... :D
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

new swell is in. hey! if you cant ride a walled out beach break what can you ride? heh heh :roll:
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
ocean7847

Post by ocean7847 »

another morning of fun waves up in north county LA. crowds were in force but mostly clueless masses floating around like bouys. got more than my share of good waves head high or bigger. anyone in ventura - tonight at 6:45 at ventura county community aquatic center come check out the water polo junior olympic finals - cheer for us!
JackG

Post by JackG »

Heading south to SB/Ventura area for a few days next week maybe will have time to visit Jalama. Any place north of C street that pulls in a small south?
Refugio is rumored to pick up some SW, but Harvest buoy is showing this swell firmly from the south.
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Just got home. Ive been gone since Weds and there is 223!!! posts. Are you guys surfing or just writing?!

Had fun Tuesday afternoon hooking up with Kevin for a surf at Malibu. After we both started catching all the waves between 2nd and 3rd peak, all the standups just paddled away. Really great time in such warm water.
Thanx, Kevin!

Surfed the backside of Catalina Island in 80+ degree water on a 5'5" mid-1970's fish. Fun retro trip in 5+ foot grinding lefts......and with only 3 people out. Or in sight for miiles!

Took the boat to the main land late last night and jumped out at County Line mid-morning for a quick wetsuit-less surf before hitting it back to Santa Cruz County. Ran into a couple brother KBers on the beach with their very nice Glen Kennedy-shaped KBs. Really genial fellows.

Caught some 4-5 foot pushing waves, the highlight being a solid left barrel where I cranked out through the wave face before it planted me on a kelp and sand sucking dry bottom.

My wife opted to swim and body surf the inside while I was on the outside peaks. Man, this is the year to hit it to SoCal and soak up some of the warmest water that I can remember.

A pod of dolphin with their calves kept weaving into and out of the surfers sitting in the line up. Quite a fun day.
Last edited by surfhorn on Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kbing since plywood days
mike schmaeling
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by mike schmaeling »

Hey Stempe.

I surfed near Jalama on Wed., Thurs., Friday and today. It's been great :D Water temp is in the mid to low 60s and 4 to 6 foot on the right tide.

I doubt I'll be able to come out to visit you if you do come to Jalama. After all the time off I've taken off last week, I don't think the boss will be too understanding

mike
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

____________Flat_______________ and warm
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
K-man

Post by K-man »

Surfed cronkhite yestiddy...Solid 3 to 4,thick,crunchy,with some backwash.Weird place sucks in any swell and magnifies it.Warm water, sunny.Everything out here is flat
Probably head there tomorrow,unless the nw wind swell picks up,and the reefs stay fairly glassy.
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Santa Cruz is as flat as the bottom of my 6'0"
kbing since plywood days