Cant believe it !!

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

dave kallal
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Cant believe it !!

Post by dave kallal »

Hello fellow friends of this great sport !

I cant even believe this site exisits...I saw an an in Surfing mag and immediately went to the website.

This is insane and I am so stoked for the whole kneeboard community, past and present ( me being from the past ...HB 1980's ).

LER is the only guy I ever have stayed in contact with.

Good to see some names out there that I grew kneeriding with. PSYCHO and Jack B from san diego.

Dave Kallal.
Big Fred
Local (More than 25 post)

I cant believe it

Post by Big Fred »

Dave, I remember surfing the pier with you and Phil Finnes back in the 80's. Glad you found the site.
Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Dave isn't this great! I found this place, and old friends after 25 years.
So what do you do for fun in Montana, besides drive over 100 on the roads :wink:
I think you might have less waves than me :cry:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

The only people I know in Whitefish are either goat ropers or Border Patrol Agents... :lol:

so which one are you? 8)
Bud

Post by Bud »

Whitefish looks fun to me. 8) :D

http://www.bigmtn.com/

Jack Beresford

hi dave

Post by Jack Beresford »

Hi Dave,

Great to hear that you found us! Tell us what you've been up to - sounds like you may be getting more of the frozen stuff than surf? Perhaps it's time KSUSA held its first "Montana Gathering."

It's amazing how much of the old crew is still intact. We could pretty much fill out an NSSA Open Season event if we wanted to. If you have any old photos, please post them in the gallery - you always were especially stylish but could still bust loose.

Take care!

Jack
Jack Beresford
steve burpo

Post by steve burpo »

Dave, Glad you found the site.Now you will have to break out that old Timpone.Steve
dave kallal

cant believe it!

Post by dave kallal »

Good to hear from you guys...Man this takes me back in time. All I have been doing for the past few days is daydreaming about the kneeriding days in my past.

Jack, I like the Montana gathereing concept...our house is always open to any friends that want to come up here and throw some snow around on the mountain!

I am going to dig out my old portfolio from the 80's, the one I put together to turn in for the 1985 NSSA National Team. I have not looked at those photos for 20yrs or so. My wife has never even seen them...we will get into them this weekend, and I will try and scan and submit some old kneeboarding pics along with some recent "what am I doing today" pics.

Good to hear from you Mike, Fred!!! I remember both of you very well. What are you guys doing these days?

Man...I have so many questions, I am afraid I dont know where to start. I guess the biggest items in my head, are where are certain people and what are they doing today...? I wonder if its alright to compose a list on here of people and see if anyone has intellegence on them?

Dave.
Jack Beresford

dave

Post by Jack Beresford »

Dave,

Go ahead and make out your list - I'm sure guys would enjoy catching you back up.

For my part, I'm still down here in San Diego - now married with two daughters 3 and 5. I work at San Diego State and still get out at Blacks a couple days a week. All that doesn't leave much time for anything else - other than checking this Web site!

Jack
scoop

Post by scoop »

Dave

Sounds like you should pull a few strings and get down to Santa Cruz next week for the World Kneelo Titles
Not sure how far it is for you but I jump on a plane in 24 hours heading over to meet and catch up with fellow kneelos from there and around the world
Pack your bag and come on over
cheers matee
Tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
Ler

KALLALDOG

Post by Ler »

Hey Dave,
I have one thing to say to you my friend Whitefish is cool, but it aint no BOLSA.

Bring back winter of 1981

I remember watching BOLSA break from you're parents roof. Killer bike rides to the beach.

Ler
dave kallal

Post by dave kallal »

Lerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,

Are you going to Santa Cruz? Do you have a place? Is Paul Doyle or Baker going? Dude, I am real close to just saying f@#& it, and hopping on a plane to go see some good kneeriding, and catch up with old friends...I just am not sure where to crash if I got there.

Lemme know,
DOG.
HALFMANRIPS/MIKE GARRETT
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

just do it !!

Post by HALFMANRIPS/MIKE GARRETT »

HEY BROTHER !!!
I WAS IN YOUR SHOES A FEW YEARS AGO. FOUND THE SITE 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE CONTEST AND SAW SOME OLD FRIENDS ON THE SITE.
YOU CAN JUST FEEL YOUR KNEELO GUT BURNING :evil: AND KNOW YOU MUST GO :twisted:

DO IT :x CATHY AND I HAD THE TIME OF OUR LIVES :P

SEE YA SOON !!!!!
twinfinfish

HEY DAVE !!

Post by twinfinfish »

Its Paul Doyle and yes there are a lot of us heading to Santa Cruz for the week !! Man , get there if you can. E-mail me back !! :twisted: :twisted: