surf report 2007

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Craig
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Craig »

Classic O'side Harbor today 8' to 10' faces, offshore W/ combo swell 8)

sTilL a gROm :!:
rooster
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by rooster »

Torrey was a 50 /50 shot. almost doh but close interval, saw one kneelo get piped for 30feet and then come out to a close out section, I think his leash is a bit longer than before. :lol:

Conditions were killer though, but as I said only about 1/2 the guys made it outside.This swell needs a reef.
mike schmaeling
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by mike schmaeling »

Jalama and the base were Big today. Wind was howling offshore (30 knots) this morning, The smoke from the Pepperdine/malibu fire was thick. But, just got home from a BEAUTIFUL, glassy evening session. Isn't surfing a GAS!!!!!

Mike
Mark Ramirez

Post by Mark Ramirez »

Surfed Big Rock and Simmons today in La Jolla. Both spots were hollow and plenty of bowls. 6ft.+, plenty of kneelos getting shacked. It was the very first thing I saw at the Rock in the morning! Some tubes going unridden.
Doc Turbo

The Rock

Post by Doc Turbo »

Mark Ramirez wrote:Surfed Big Rock and Simmons today in La Jolla. Both spots were hollow and plenty of bowls. 6ft.+, plenty of kneelos getting shacked. It was the very first thing I saw at the Rock in the morning! Some tubes going unridden.
Mark, where's the photos?

Post by KAVA »

2400 here in newport and its starting to get pretty smokey from the santiago cnyn/irvne fire. Be interesting to see how tomorow holds up with off shore gust up to 80mp. My plumeria plants are shattered :cry: but at least ill have twice as many more next year :D wonder how catalina island likes our smog with a smoke chasser? :lol: looking forward to an am session in HB. good suf to all on monday
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
bigtony

Post by bigtony »

HB Northside was going nutty today!
Four hour session through the tide change. 4-6ft with a couple 8ft sets. We had a clean up set break about 25yds just inside Ruby's.
Good day of good barrels and it looks like more to come tomorrow.
Get it while it's here!
Aloha
BIG TONY
Chris Buscemi

DMJs Comes Alive

Post by Chris Buscemi »

I checked DMJs first thing yesterday morning and it was looking funky. I decided to check the rest of Oside and ended up about a mile south of Oceanside Pier for about two hours. Once the wind reallly started blowing I thought I'd give DMJs another look.

I got there about 9:00 am and it was mental. A couple feet overhead and breaking about 20 yards off the beach. The lips were pitching out as far as the waves were big and it was tube city. With only ten guys out everyone was getting their pick of the set waves and tubes. I surfed from about 9:00 to noon when the wind switched.

The best I've ever surfed and seen DMJs. Definitely a day to remember.
If I say its safe to surf this beach Captain, then its safe to surf this beach. I mean I'm not afraid to surf this place, I'll surf this whole f@cking place!
sf_firestarter

Post by sf_firestarter »

nice for you guys. wish I was there as OB is still crap. met Ken M in the water at Bolinas yesterday and of course he said to me "it was much better earlier".

I think I've become that guy, that as soon as he paddles out it turns to crap, you know that guy, its me. I'm heading to SoCal in a week, you guys better get it while you can.
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

SF...

Tides going out right now... winds forecasted to be offshore today/tomorrow. It may clean up nicely from here, and possibly very fun tomorrow.

Plans are underway... mid-day on outgoing tide, before possible late PM onshores.
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Er, um... about that last post.

Just got back from the usual haunts...

Yes, yes, yes.

Syd and Cripple Crusader are planning DP for tomorrow. I hope to hook up on a second session with them later AM.

So, yes, go.
Willy Kelly

Post by Willy Kelly »

up here in Humboldt the waves were going off 6-8 feet with in an out tubes all day must have surfed for 5 hrs :shock:

peace and good waves
skansand

Post by skansand »

best 2 days of my life at Rjs....
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
MWROBERTSON

surf report

Post by MWROBERTSON »

As everyone knows, the whole state has been going off!

Surfed unreal Rj's on Sunday. A-framing 6-8ft faces with the offshores blowing tubes and riders into the open.

Yesterday morning, 3-5ft Prospect st. Newport. Smoking tubes everywhere. I saw my brother, Danny get the best tube ride of his life! The pack was hooting as he pulled into a chamber and drove through the tube completley non visible from the front then getting spit out with speed at the end. I was inside on his wave. :shock: :D

Yesterday late afternoon, evening. Bigger, meaner, 6-8ft +. Grinding tubes. All sunny, smoking hard offshores. Went out at Beach Blvd. and rode lefts to Huntington st. I was with Jim Richardson. We witnessed each other riding in the tube over and over.

I can't, and don't want to get the feeling and view of riding in the tube out of my head.

Maybe more today. IT's all on!
sf_firestarter

Post by sf_firestarter »

I got it!!!!

Last night at OB was fantastic. Didn't make one barrel but was covered up plenty. Still figuring out the new board. Hope it holds until this evening....work :evil:

Maybe I'm not cursed?