surf report 2007

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Kauaikneelo
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Kauaikneelo »

we're gett'in worked. north shore is f@@ked up with the kona winds and brown water :( . Rained 12 hours straight and counting. Everyone is working the NE. The "crack" was going OFF yesterday, but crowded making it real dangerous with 15-25 ft faces. Smaller today 6-12 ft Hawaiian. Saw outer reefs at Anahola breaking that NEVER break, and way way way out there. Must be winter already.
Aloha from the Kingdom of Atooi
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

i was thinking about #14 yesterday but that is already a deadly spot. i almost bought a ticket to pushing up daisy land there once long ago. at 4-5' it's the most amazing little barrel. conditions here are still epic 8)
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
Mark Ramirez

Post by Mark Ramirez »

I surfed Honolua Bay yesterday and it was pretty good. It's my first time surfing the place. The water was a little dirty from all the rain here. It's my birthday today, and I'm watching a couple of guys couch-surfing down the main street which is flooding out. They're really fun to watch! I'm hoping to surf again. It's supposed to get big again. 8)
Doc Turbo
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Doc Turbo »

Mark Ramirez wrote:I surfed Honolua Bay yesterday and it was pretty good. It's my first time surfing the place. The water was a little dirty from all the rain here. It's my birthday today, and I'm watching a couple of guys couch-surfing down the main street which is flooding out. They're really fun to watch! I'm hoping to surf again. It's supposed to get big again. 8)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mark, hope you get great waves, and a nice holiday with your lady. Next Birthday hope you will come visit us...

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gene west

las olas

Post by gene west »

greetings from the PEOPLE"S REPUBLIC with the past weeks surf report...bigest swell we've had in 2 years...last Monday say the swell rising,surfed@ TWAT solid 6-8'- thie take-off spot on this wave is right next to very large rocks, has a pitching, ledgey take off, into a screaming fast wall and if you can make the section, right into deep round dry death tubes in about 2' of water-make it or break it- here's a tip, no kook cords allowed! Big Wednesday- sunrise had waves breaking over the end of the O.B.-at 1900 ft, the longest pier on the west coast , spots like One Drop all the way to Uzi's were in the double to triple overhead range, big clean glassy !!!Within 2 hour's we were on the boat to a killer 12-15' right ...hint- there is a lighthouse directly in front, a crew from S.C. would pick rider's up on their jet ski's and return us to the line up...thursday local boys rippin'@ Heroin Habit's , 8'+ set's.......
geno
Casey Patelski

Almost Perfect RJ's Sunday 12/09/07

Post by Casey Patelski »

Waited for the tide to drop Sunday 12/09/07. Go out at 12:30 pm. Off shore 10-12 knots, 4-5 foot faces, all rights. Surfed between the N river jetty and the S state parking lot. 6 guys out. The kind of sunny back lit lime green lips and barrels we all love. Got a really nice double in-n-out barrel to make my week. Probably got 20+ waves today until the tide dropped to knee deep neck breakers and 1-3 foot zippers. Missed ya, sort of.
Casey
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
badknees1

this weeks surf

Post by badknees1 »

anyone for pinochle
K-man

Post by K-man »

Fun up here yesterday.Light OS.,nice clean condits.Mushy at high tide,2 hrs later,a nice clean 2-4 and a few bigger sets.Shared waves with one other local at the point,another KBer at the rock.Ken-m showed up, wined about the mushy waves...He missed it.... :lol: Too small today.
Looks to be smaller tom,Run to OB[sf] early,catch the low incoming.Any of you city boys surf today....
cheers
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

K-Man,
I'll be up at The Beach House December 24th to Jan 7th.
Look forward to surfing with you, my friend
EQ
K-man

Post by K-man »

8)
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Don and I went out mid-stretch at dawn. Small, clean and cold. Howling offshores right now. The tide is heading up to a 6'-and-change before draining this PM.

I saw a kneelo get some nice rides on a red-rail board at Sloat as I was de-thawing.

Anyhow, tomorrow could be too small.
K-man

Post by K-man »

could'a should'a.Got talked into a bit north,too much sand offshore,Closeout...reform...shore dump.At least the waters freezing.. :shock:

cheers
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

Central Florida-Tropical Storm Olga is giving us some head high surf, but it's onshore and we have Red Tide killing fish and surf stoke!
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Is anyone getting surf? SoCal looks like a lake.