General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

randiego
Legend (Contribution King!)

Bob Gove photo of Jack Beresford featured in Sony promotion

Post by randiego »

I posted this before in the 'Surfs Up' movie thread:
My gf (Jenny) works for Sony and she managed to host a press screening last week in Newport (Surf's Up is a Sony picture).

Jenny does PR promoting the water housing line for Sony cameras and the screening was a joint affair between Quiksilver and Sony. Promoting the water housings as an adjunct to the movie was a perfect fit and the event went really well. Great food and drinks, and then free popcorn and a screening of the movie!

About the movie - The wave animations in the movie were amazing! The hold-down sequence where Cody gets caught inside were totally realistic too. This is a great surf movie and I highly recommend going to see it - the dialogue and style was cleverly done I thought.

At the screening, Big Fred Rodriguez came over and brought his family, and Quiksilver invited their crew. Big Tony made an appearance, and Rob Machado, PT and Herbie Fletcher were there among others.

The best part of the event were the promotional materials for the Sony waterhousings. The brochure that was produced featured Bob Gove's photos and one is a very clear photo of Jack Beresford in Baja. That's right - a kneelo was featured in the promotional materials!
Sony needed some photos for the promotional materials for the housings and cameras, and Jenny wanted to 'be real' (use photos that were taken using the product), so she hit up Bob Gove for some of his extensive collection of shots. One of the shots that made the cut was a nice shot of Jack Beresford in Natividad.

Here's that shot: Beresford Baja Barrel

The conditions that Bob had for using the photos was that he got photo credit, and that a kneeboarder was featured somewhere. He got what he asked - here's a pdf of the camera-ready art that was sent to the printer (it's a tri-fold brochure): Gove photo Sony artwork
The photo as posted is a little dark, but in the pdf and the printed material you can make out Jack's face quite clearly. The standup photo was shot somewhere in Hawaii, the 'backdrop' shot was taken at Todos this spring. Both Jenny and Bob were really happy with the finished work, and everyone who came to the premiere got a copy!

Kneeboarders entering the public consciousness... one promo at a time!
randiego

Post by randiego »

The link to the pdf file doesn't seem to work right now. Sent a message to Joe to figure out what i did wrong and do his magic :lol: :lol:
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

I got a brochure from Randy myself and am stoked on how it turned out. The shot of Jack was a great one to use. Way to go Bob, Jack and Jenny!
DarcyM

Post by DarcyM »

thanks to Randy for sending a copy of that brochure with the Gove article from the San Diego Union Trib!

How cool is that to see a picture of Jack getting barreled in an advert for a sony digicam? Sweet!
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

very 8)
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
Steeno

Post by Steeno »

very 8)
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
Joel5150Photo
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Jak-Attak Barrell.........

Post by Joel5150Photo »

YOOO ! Nice shot of Jak !!!when i think of kneeboarding....tHAT IS WHAT I SEE !!!!! Blue water, off-shore,dragging a hand to get deeper in tube !!and not a long-boarder in sight !!!!!!!!!! cudos to Jak, Govey,and Jen !! joel the photog. dole5150 on web site. javascript:emoticon(':wink:')javascript:emoticon(':D')
randiego

Post by randiego »

I got a message from Joe (who is on his way to Spain - sweet!) that the link is working fine.

It's a big file, it just needs time to load. :lol: :lol:
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

You mean Bob and Jack didn't get paid from a multi billion dollar corp?
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
Kauaikneelo

Re: Bob Gove photo of Jack Beresford featured in Sony promot

Post by Kauaikneelo »

randiego wrote:I posted this before in the 'Surfs Up' movie thread:
My gf (Jenny) works for Sony and she managed to host a press screening last week in Newport (Surf's Up is a Sony picture).

Jenny does PR promoting the water housing line for Sony cameras and the screening was a joint affair between Quiksilver and Sony. Promoting the water housings as an adjunct to the movie was a perfect fit and the event went really well. Great food and drinks, and then free popcorn and a screening of the movie!

About the movie - The wave animations in the movie were amazing! The hold-down sequence where Cody gets caught inside were totally realistic too. This is a great surf movie and I highly recommend going to see it - the dialogue and style was cleverly done I thought.

At the screening, Big Fred Rodriguez came over and brought his family, and Quiksilver invited their crew. Big Tony made an appearance, and Rob Machado, PT and Herbie Fletcher were there among others.

The best part of the event were the promotional materials for the Sony waterhousings. The brochure that was produced featured Bob Gove's photos and one is a very clear photo of Jack Beresford in Baja. That's right - a kneelo was featured in the promotional materials!
Sony needed some photos for the promotional materials for the housings and cameras, and Jenny wanted to 'be real' (use photos that were taken using the product), so she hit up Bob Gove for some of his extensive collection of shots. One of the shots that made the cut was a nice shot of Jack Beresford in Natividad.

Here's that shot: Beresford Baja Barrel

The conditions that Bob had for using the photos was that he got photo credit, and that a kneeboarder was featured somewhere. He got what he asked - here's a pdf of the camera-ready art that was sent to the printer (it's a tri-fold brochure): Gove photo Sony artwork
The photo as posted is a little dark, but in the pdf and the printed material you can make out Jack's face quite clearly. The standup photo was shot somewhere in Hawaii, the 'backdrop' shot was taken at Todos this spring. Both Jenny and Bob were really happy with the finished work, and everyone who came to the premiere got a copy!

Kneeboarders entering the public consciousness... one promo at a time!
Awesome!!

Kneeboarders entering the the public unconsciousness....one beer at a time!
rooster

Post by rooster »

Randy,

I hope you know that with all this " publicity " it will be impossible to live with Bob from now on. It's only a matter of time 'till the paparazzi and the DUI's start. Only then can we say " Bobby we hardly knew ye " :lol: