RT
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by RT »

Sparrow,
No offense intended.

Peace, kneeling brother,
RT
Last edited by RT on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kauaikneelo
Legend (Contribution King!)

WTF

Post by Kauaikneelo »

WHAT THE F@@K.......are you guys CRAZY. :evil: or just stupid?

First we insult Bud, then we slap Bruce, now Simon :?: :?: :?:

These craftsmen do this for a labor of love for this sport, they are not getting RICH on us!!!!!!!!!!

When "George" logs in will WE say he's a KOOK????

GET A GRIP. Most of you freaks spend more on Starbucks in a week.

Make it $50.......Simon will be remembered for his gifts to us forever. 8) 8)

PS I'm not rich either. :oops:
Aloha from the Kingdom of Atooi
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Thanks Bob :wink:

To everyone involved, the offer of financial support for the next movie is truley a wonderful gesture but Im just trying to get my head above water with the current movie.
I have never been so stuck for words :?

This idea went through my mind many years ago but I would never of had the arrogance to say "I need your money well in advance so that i can make a movie". It is easier to swallow, hearing it come from you guys than from my mouth but it also comes with many hidden dangers that I just cant deal with at the moment.

Do I have another film left in me :?:

This question I ask myself more times than I should. The answer is yes :!: but i need the support like Im seeing here 8)
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

I have about nine hundred things I want to say :x:x:x...
but in the interest of not hurting anyones feelings... :?
AGAIN... :roll:
I'll just say count me in for pre-payment $$$ toward the next one and music too (FINALLY getting into the studio... just got a year lease on a lockout last weekend. :twisted:)

Simon... without you... this sport would be dead as the dinosaurs.
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

I almost said... 'queue in EQ in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...'

Remember when I mentioned 'therapy letters?' Things you want to say, but pull back to allow thoughts to evolve?

Here's mine...
-------------------------------------------------------------
Rehash... but between 'Now and Then' and 'Inside...' looks like I'll be a repeat customer.

Darn varmits!

album_showpage.php?pic_id=13243

album_showpage.php?pic_id=13244

Besides the $10k outlay, there's folks that have donated their time and skills to make it happen... like Simon, the musicians, photogs, etc.

Sure, Simon and the photogs got to travel to some incredible breaks, but it's still time and effort on the back end pulling it all together... not to mention the up-front planning.

I don't know about your collective bill rates, but I'm sure it would add up to FAR more than the $10k outlay.

Anyhow, I think I'll lay down another $40 bucks for a lock-box!

A lot of us are jumping in to support Simon, on this thread and from our wallets... that said, it is a personal preference and hopefully this all explains why it's $40. It's not to bag on RT, JDC, etc. It's just to explain why...
barry

Post by barry »

you can count me in on the $40 preorder
ante up boys and girls, :P
If you really want to assist with this endeavor......
there are copies of the previous 4 films available :idea:
If you dont already have them all they are good watchin
and you can see firsthand the progression of these dvds
through the surfing,editing, music and equipment (in and out of the water)
so go ahead buy the new 1 buy an old 1 and enjoy them all :!:
then if someone you know is curious about kneeriding you
will have something available to show them why you are so stoked on
this form of waveriding :wink:

Barry
RW
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by RW »

What a bunch of selfish crap....the same old $hit I've had to wade through for nearly three decades.......simply put.....the story of the Little Red Hen.

Simon....well....being a kindred spirt....all I can add for clarity is...ya frickin' morons....it ain't about "what's in it for me"...it's always about "what's in it for all of us".......and you selfish selfcentered dorks still don't get it.....

I warned ya free bird.

Dig what ya do....soon to be on the same playin' field....but at the other end of course. :lol:

:idea: :arrow: Collaboration can mend a lot of fences......think about it.

8)
shoulder huggin' chickens
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Whoa.

Hold on a second.

RT's response was from the hip, and retracted. BTW, I can relate... I keep an envelope with accumulations for the next purchase. It's all about the varmits. Next is Mrs... Somewhere between the pet we don't own and me, is me. Oops. I'm below the future pet.

JDC... you re-reading? Here's an edit because I didn't say it well:

Original
JDC... how much we 'bleed' for our sport is one of personal preference.

Intent
JDC's response... how much we 'bleed' for our sport is one of personal preference. It's all good.

The rest of us may ask 'why' the drums beat so loudly.

RW, I can see why you'd post that, as you've been there in the trenches and the thanks you get is the 'anti-hero.' Maybe that is thanks!

It's spirited. It's true. It's perhaps the mallet to squash the ant... but that's you RW... and to preempt responses. EQ, RW, and others are just showing the love.

It's what's called 'violent agreement.'
Last edited by SFKneelo on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
RW

Post by RW »

:lol: ....yur growing on me SF.....

.....given that's all the thanks I get...I couldn't ask for more....nor does the Underground....I....we are honored....please accept our humble gratitude for our respect of tradition....:D

.....violence has it merits....especially on the front lines....:twisted:

....takes conviction.....and the willingness to....sacrifice....with yur a$$ hangin' in the wind......

...ask Gene-O....he's a pro at this kinda stuff....on all kindsa levels....

gotta go.....before I really get up on that soap box...

SF.....ya got sand....and a lot more clout than ya realize fur yur boldness....however this plays out depends entirely upon your own convictions....and your solutions....

...after all ...yur do'n all the work....

Eddie Boy-O.... :D

8)
shoulder huggin' chickens
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Well, I'm counting on selling all 20 copies! :lol:

RT, all is well! I have similar reactions everytime my teenage daughter wants a new hair doo or "needs clothes" :x :lol:

Thanks again Simon for all of your creative work...in, and out, of the water 8)
jdc

Post by jdc »

RT wrote:Sparrow,

No offense intended. I did not mean to imply the price is high, especially given your investment. It was more of a knee jerk, gut reflection of my world. With small kids and a wife who also works full time, spending money on my "addiction" is alwasy a source of stress, no matter the amount.

Peace, kneeling brother,
RT

SAME HERE RT !!!

an objective insight often lost on our friends above.

If anthing we have started a financial ball rolling by just commenting on/from our pressures of, can we convince the wife about a flick and a new rashie! The old rashie is full of holes.

I ride second hand boards and have previously purchased 3 sparrow movies...but shoot me anyway!

SFK, "bleeding for art" is an "arts" joke of soughts but since ive gota run RT's post is the only one Ive read properly so I will read your comment again later

user pays for a new flick in advance seems like a wonderful support base...wish i had such commitmant from the goverment for educating goverment school kids.
i like surfing
Kev

Post by Kev »

Sparrow wrote:Do I have another film left in me
I spoke to Simon about production in general at the recent Phillip Island Classic.
Not easy to get a production like this to a completion and then to get some distribution happening ... even if only via a home DVD burner and the mail box ... is time consuming and the cost needs to be carried somewhere.

I am in the Broadcast/TV business with a national broadcaster and know the efforts you need to go through and even with corporate sponsorship the reliance on friends and favours is always there

I also record music and I have never made a profit on any of the albums I have recorded.

perhaps if Simon knew he had enough sales in advance the first production run could be greater and then the cost per unit might be less
BUT
this does not take into account the initial outlays in equipment.

at $40 I would need to sell 1000 units to pay for just my DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) leaving out all the other equipment need for just the audio side of things.

Cameras and housings and tripods at the professional level cost more than you think.
Simon didn't use gear that I would use with the national broadcaster but there is still a cost involved.

anyway
not the point I wanted to make
I spoke to Simon about production in general at the recent Phillip Island Classic.

he said he wouldn't make another video again
:(

time passes and the pain fades BUT threads like this don't help the urge to step up again

Simon
if you do
and you do end up with a formal pre-order system/idea ... then put me down for one ... perhaps two

How many here are willing to admit to running off a copy, just one, for a friend
:oops:
Masons

Post by Masons »

Even as a poor college student making $9 an hour at my internship! You can count me in for $40 towards the next DVD!!

I am dying to get the new DVD from Brad this saturday. There aren't many kneeriding dvd's out there... I sure as hell don't mind spending money that I'd blow on alcohol anyways lol..

Sad to see people being negative about something that is SOO positive and progressive for our sport/love!! What is the point? What do you gain?

Support our kneelo friends! 8)
jadams3

Post by jadams3 »

Simon and all.....

I contributed 11 tracks to Simon's latest film between CooperBlack and Vesper and Simon was kind enough to "comp" me a few copies. But I still purchased an additional 6 as Christmas gifts to band mates, family, etc......The film is a labor of love, hard-a$$ work, and a huge committment in terms of time and funds. Everyone should properly recognize Simon's contributions to our sport, both in and out of the water. Piracy...(copying, burning, etc...) is a huge slap in the face to filmakers, musicians, etc......Not cool...... :evil: Do the right thing by supporting them and everyone benefits....... :D

Simon, you can count on me for more music contributions in the future. Just ask and they're yours....... 8)

Aloha.....John Adams/CooperBlack & Vesper
Aloha.......JA
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

The great state of Oregon pledges $40.
None rich, none poor. Everyone happy.