Sparrow's Inside & Out film available!

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

jdc
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by jdc »

SFKneelo wrote:JDC... you re-reading? Here's an edit because I didn't say it well:

Original
JDC... how much we 'bleed' for our sport is one of personal preference.

Intent
JDC's response... how much we 'bleed' for our sport is one of personal preference. It's all good.

'

The comment was "bleeding for ones art" sfk.

A totally different intent to your take on what I ment

- comes from an optimistic youth hanging out with artists, muso's and hopeful actors who had nothing, gave all and simply enjoyed the moment. Most have faded into talented obscurity - a rare one or two made it big.

My meaning, and to answer Mason ((?) re negativity,

Rt was not being negative, just as he stated, simply musing over the expense of life. Iwas not being negative just seeing it from RT'S point of view and shooting the breeze on what I thought was a harmless idea- again I had already purchased the three previous sparrow flicks .

Sparrow has enjoyed rare support on this site re his flicks and whilst they are obviously hard to make they also seem like fun - travel, waves, mates and a partner who was happy to film on earlier flicks. Kids and age perhaps make future ventures harder.

that so many want to support a new flick is great!!!!

however,

That people and sparrow have jumped on the small meanderings of RT and myself is a joke - in the context of life.

thus my arts joke in return, givin many friends who worked hard to entertain the masses ( and bring joy to dull cities)in street theatre and the like and never ever received anything like the support givin over on this site to said film maker.

contemplate the stars at night and ones insignificance will allow one never to feel insulted because .25% of this site mused over the cost of life.

Moral

the easily insulted never find peace but the meek.....
i like surfing
DYdamo

Post by DYdamo »

a rare one or two made it big....?????

yeah dorje,same applies here .....and you just sh#tcanned him for 40 bucks......
Man ,I tried to refrain but i just could'nt help it....After everything Simon's done for our sport,you Bitch about "40 bones"

Don't twist it into something else......

Surely a public servants wage would allow you to purchase a copy

SFK....Sorry .....
I'm interested in apathy
Sparrow
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Sparrow »

Dorje
I'm not sure how you came into this?
Rt's comments were meant with no disrespect as he stated & nor were mine in response to him.
I feel I had a justified reason to respond the way I did with my post & thought I made it very clear in that response but I guess not, but in true Dorje (JDC) style in you come, accusing me for jumping on you & RT?
"That people and sparrow have jumped on the small meanderings of RT and myself is a joke -" please show me in my last two post where I have done so to you?
Your sarcastic tone is not appreciated or called for
"bleeding for ones art did not quite ever make to film makers (but we love your work darling!)"

I see you have tried to bring forward some positive comments in your posts & trying to justify to everyone of your previous contributions but as always that broken record that you seem to play so often that you are misunderstood or a "totally different intent to your take on what I ment" plays oh so loud oh so often.
You have been on my case for too many years now Dorje & it is really starting to feel like you are stalking me or have some personal vendetta.
I thought I made it quite clear to you in a PM that I wanted nothing to do with you what so ever from that point on but here you come again under a different user name having another go :!:

Please someone help me :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
jdkneelo

Post by jdkneelo »

Who the f**k is Dorje anyway
W.G. Facenda

Post by W.G. Facenda »

:shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
Last edited by W.G. Facenda on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

OK, now I'm confused.

Anyhow...

Have to get back to work.

I have one shoe nailed to the floor, and am doing laps. I'll read in more detail when this arc is back in view.
KenM

Post by KenM »

Anybody that thinks $40.00 is too much for a Kneeboarding video is just too easy to ignore, or not to, as the case may be, no matter what their name is. There have been what, maybe 6 or so kneeboarding videos, EVER? And 4 made by Simon, all I can say is Simon, thanks for taking me with you into the tube and count me in for the next one. :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

a picture says a thousand words
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
mike schmaeling
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by mike schmaeling »

Simon,

Thanks for your time, your invest of money, all of the effort it takes to make such GREAT kneeriding movies!!!!! I have the first three and want to get your lastest one. Your results of your efforts our treasured by so many of us!!! It's still a big thrill for me to watch "The Sparrow has Landed" - Madives section!!! I never saw that quality of knee riding on any movie before 8) . The NSG interviews captured a great group of people and a great stoke for a sport we are all love.

Stay the course,

Mike
stevea

Sparrows inside &out movie available

Post by stevea »

Im Guilty,
Of watching your movie Simon and really wanting to copy..... most, no all of the moves[ minus the wipeouts ]the talent was pulling ,but its not a movie you can watch just once ,the guys who watch someone else s are only teasing themselves ,the guys that burn copies are burning themselves
Kneeboard surfing needs YOU
I am having as much fun surfing now as i ever did in part due to the current crop of TALENT that feature in your movie ,i can only imagine the impact on those cadet and junior kneelos out there that see your dvds ,oh oh something tells me the Simpsons may have seen 1or all of your dvds 3 or more times
" MORE you want more" We all want more
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

I dont read certain threads out of disinterest.
Just now noted this one out of boardom. :wink:
Making movies is a tough business as more than several on this site can attest
to. Have bought two of Simons vids.
Thumbs up and Five Stars
End of Story.
jdc

Post by jdc »

Beeline2.0 wrote: have bought two of Simons vids.
Thumbs up and Five Stars
End of Story.

er...an encore

Beeline

this household has purchased 3 of Simons's movies :!:

come on son!...... "middle stump thanks ump" ..... (ozz for "step up to the plate")

yours

merely labled
i like surfing
jdkneelo

Post by jdkneelo »

I,ve never heard that saying in Queensland.
jdc

Post by jdc »

Coz all the really good cricketers come from nsw and victoria!

Bradmen took a middle\leg stump guard but... ("two legs ump")

On topic,

support kneeboarding and feel free to challenge :arrow:

and yes a picture does say a thousand words...but as a visual arts teacher and married into a family of "word smiths" Im caught hoplessly in between.

sorry for the bollocks...my intial post on this thread was ment to be just a breeze shooter :roll:
i like surfing
Kev

Post by Kev »

jdc wrote:Coz all the really good cricketers come from nsw and victoria!
:shock:
ouch
me-ow

but very funny :D