Arm paddle vs fins--which offers more thrust?

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Please elaborate, Gene.
gene west
Legend (Contribution King!)

?

Post by gene west »

if you have to ask then.....just get out in the water and surf, figure it out, do I paddle with my left arm first, should my knees be positioned differently if going left/right, how do I get the wax off my board, will my herd like mentality be enough to be loved by the rest of the sheep...
geno
SFKneelo

Re: ?

Post by SFKneelo »

gene west wrote:if you have to ask then.....just get out in the water and surf, figure it out, do I paddle with my left arm first, should my knees be positioned differently if going left/right, how do I get the wax off my board, will my herd like mentality be enough to be loved by the rest of the sheep...
Absolutely nothing useful here, as I imagined. You'd be lucky to get $.02 for this drivel.
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Oops.
gene west

Post by gene west »

thought cop on the edit button, how safe
geno
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

It's pretty simple:

"As a reminder, KSUSA is an organization founded on creating camaraderie in the kneeboard community. This community has grown world-wide. This website would not be here if it were not for you the contributors. Before you post, ask yourself if you are promoting camaraderie and treating people with respect. It's really very simple. We have managed to keep ourselves fairly well policed so all we ask is that you keep the content as positive and constructive as possible in the hope to build a better community. Thanks, Don "

It's my role to moderate accordingly.
gene west

msafety first

Post by gene west »

thanks Dad for making this site safe for everyone to enjoy, the last thing we need is any controversy, dissent, alternative viewpoints , and please- no personal opinions, that way we can all share in the warm fuzzy feeling that is Ksusa....
geno
WaterLogged
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Kook!

Post by WaterLogged »

We were all kooks at one time. I'm a kneeboard kook - that's just life when it comes to learning to ride different types of boards.

I don't understand why surfing has to be some big conspiracy when it comes to learning, though. People should be able to ask questions, and get legitimate answers. At least we'll have more educated people in the line-up, not people floundering.

Most surfing websites have people that treat beginners like idiots. I know it's to keep down overcrowding at spots, blah blah. But here are novel ideas:

- No one owns the ocean, although I know too many people who actually thnk they do!

- Life is too short for petty drama

- People will always be drawn to surfing. Out of 100 people who actually rent a board and try it out, maybe 5 of them will actually stick with it, and get pretty good. Those are pretty comforting statistics. If you don't think so - I guess you can always move to Alaska.
I
GRAB
RAILS
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Move to Alaska... or, get the f@#& off the website. If you don't like the website's mission, leave.
gene west

Post by gene west »

I stand by my posts Waterlogged and Dad, I'll try to be nice, just send me the little cheerleading uniform, you know the one that resembles the little wooly sheep, then I can be just like everyone else, maybe you could also include which topics I can respond to, and the ksusa approved dialogue, as I would not want to upset anyone else, especially the moderators with the edit button....and Alaska, nice...no kooks there....
geno
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

So, you CAN'T leave, and you WON'T be a constructive member of the community.

Remember, what was first clipped was bashing the Black's crew again.

Second came the 'kooks' discussing a simple topic like paddling, yet you brought nothing enlightening... just bashing.

In this latest, you're whimpering about being the victim of uncalled-for censorship. You feel you can't post out of fear.

Grow up, dullard. Get along, leave, or be shown the door.

It's ALWAYS been your choice. I'm here to help that choice along.
BillL
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by BillL »

You can add me to the list Trout. I think I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'll laugh at almost any joke and can appreciate wit and sardonic humor but I found nothing funny about Gene's comments. What's funny about being called a whiner or a poseur or a kook? I'm one of the guys who regularly surf Black's and all the kneeboarders I know who surf there are hard working providers who are stoked to be still able to surf on any sort of basis at all. Most of them are out of the water by eight so they can get to work. And no, I'm not taking Gene too seriously, I've been reading his caustic comments for months and after exposing myself to all his negativity I've decided not to read the forums after work anymore because it's not the way I want to end my day. I have spoken to a number of people who just check out the photos and don't read the forum anymore because of the bad vibe that permeates them and then you guys start tearing apart the riders and photographers too!
I've got all the respect in the world for anyone who seriously takes up kneeboarding. For years we have taken sh*t from everyone and still don't kow tow and do something else. Let me tell you what a disappointment it is to come to this site and read the ill willed trash directed at the users of this site. I know humor when I read it and this is not. I'm sure SF would rather be doing anything else besides moderating, he should'nt have to do this in the first place but you guys have made it necessary.
randiego

Post by randiego »

Hey Trowt, add me to the list too.

I'm tired of it, and I ain't the only one. Talk sh*t, and them claim 'hey, I was only joking with a guy from the Blacks crew'... yeah right. As if everything happened in a vacuum, and there was no previous history, so it's all good right? I know pretty much that entire crew, and I know of no one that is entertained by it, or thinks it's the laugh riot you all seem to.

Yeah, it was dead around here. Meaning no one was alienated, no threads were hijacked, no hard feelings were created for no reason, nobody was talking sh*t about Albert, and no one who has a crazy agenda against ksusa who's theoretical trespasses against surfing are a figment in several old guys fervent imaginations, was here causing problems.

So let's liven it up. "Hey, I get support from all over", so no problem, right?
randiego

Post by randiego »

Hey we can all hope.

I invite all to go back - like I did - and re-read the thread about Gene West's stolen boards from early last year.

Feel the aloha, feel the love, and then decide what's what. Use search term 'stolen boards'.
randiego

Post by randiego »