Knee position on board

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Jabba
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Knee position on board

Post by Jabba »

I've been surfing for a while by myself without other kneelos and have developed the bad habit of having my knees too close together.

Feels quite unstable when turning and I tend to come off if trying for a bigger turn or manouver. Body memory seems locked in and with everthing else going on during take off etc I always seem to find myself in the same postion with knees almost touching.

Would appreciate any advice on how I can cure this problem
Cheers,

John

Always behave like a duck - keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath
Stanley
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Stanley »

Hi Jabba,
The best thing I can suggest is grab a kneeboard without kneepads wax where you want your knees to be and only wax there. clear off any areas of wax you dont want your knees eg middle of the board.

Every time you place your knees wrong you will slide of the board and every time your in the right position you will stay on.

Once you have corrected your kneelo stance then place kneepads in the correct position. and have fun.

You will be amazed how fast you will start to get your positioning right.

I hope this idea helps
Cheers

Stan
Nov

Post by Nov »

Surf someone elses board that has kneewells where you want your knees to be. If you get up in the wrong position, you should slip into the kneewells that are already there. Eventually you should automatically start getting up with your knees in that position
slats
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by slats »

Hi Jabba..
Heres what we did with my son Mark and the Simpsons, Troy and Chayne...

We drove them nut's correcting them every chance we had...if you surf with a mate, bodyboard, standup no matter,,,ask him to remind you every time he sees you do it,,,,it's hard to remember when you out there having fun distracted from the cause...
So just tell whoever you trust to keep reminding you....it will eventually sink in...but don't get upset when he does remind you, otherwise he won't do it again....

the benefits of the reminder will far out way the hassle in the long run.

We still do it with each other to this day with other things we don't like about our surfing...

all good fun in the end...
gumby
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by gumby »

I use a crayon :idea: I write on the front of my board. Knees apart, Knees forward. Bottom turn..... what ever it is that I need to work on. The crayon is wax so removal is easy :wink:
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig