Surf Check

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)

Surf Check

Post by surfhorn »

Some swell today in Santa Cruz County. Got up early and turned on the local TV news. The stationery cam at The Boardwalk was pointing at the beach and showed a set of waves dumping on the beach.

Surfed the beaches. While there was size, the set waves just stood up and rolled all the way to the shore pound. Early morning fog made for glassy conditions. But good exercise nevertheless.

Plus, it seemed to be 'Dolphin Family Day' in the water. Mom and dad dolphins pushing their 3 foot long babies around and having some fun. Other members of the pod were swimming in and out of the surfers as were a couple harbor seals.

There is a minus 0.1 tide at 5:14 AM tomorrow; high is a 4.4 at 11:47 AM.
Dawn patrol looks to be the call. Hope this helps everyone who is watching their vehicle sucking down dollars.
kbing since plywood days
Tony Wales
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Tony Wales »

And for the past few days, and a few to come, the east coast of Oz has had a great southerly ground swell being pushed up the coast from the arctic ice shelf!!

Solid 4 to 6 foot waves with consistent offshore winds. Water temp 15C, air 10 to 17C - with lots of sun.

It's actually a Fiji swell that's just touching the east coast but boy it's been good value!
Anthony B
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Anthony B »

Same deal on the up here on the central coast,albeit not too many of the well known spots handling the size. :(
But just for some entertainment value i got to watch 2 guys trying to beach their broken down ski through a nasty 5 ft shore break :shock:
Much to their credit they beached her without to much drama :)
ross

Post by ross »

shoulda come for a look down my way AB. Thursday arv was the best of it. With the tide the way it was the suck was about as big and round as it gets.

Friday arv i had some solid ones out forries rights.

and Saturday morning had 6-8ft Copa point to myself for an hour and a half, till another kneelo i've never seen before paddled out 8) .

He said he'd never surfed the place before and hadn't realised how solid it was :shock: so he sat gaping from the shoulder for a while before paddling in. Definately not the day to be trying it out for the first time, credit to him though he would have taken some big ones on the head even getting out 8)

it was all over by eleven on Saturday down here though Sou'Wester stuffed it. :evil:
Anthony B

Post by Anthony B »

Hey Ross good to see you scored,between work committments and kids sport my timing was out of sync .In saying that i scored some nice waves today at the channel where the sand is sweet at the moment. :)
thank god its a high tide bank,run out tide and the lake draining is oh so cold. cheers mate maybe next swell i will come for a search :)
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

Nothin' good here due to T.S. Fay.
Tuesday
Tropical storm conditions expected. Southeast Onshore) winds 30 to 35 knots with frequent gusts to gale force. Seas 7 to 9 feet. Intracoastal waters extremely rough. Widespread showers and isolated thunderstorms.
DarcyM

Post by DarcyM »

Hope you're weathering Fay ok out there, EC. Sounds like Cape Canaveral and surroundings are under about 3 inches of water, and TS Fay just churns away overhead, taking her sweet time getting out of there.

:shock:
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

Thanks Darcy!
We got 22 inches of rain at my house and two bedrooms flooded. Thankfully we have flood insurance and I already filed a claim.
Still raining too.
C J Gagner

Post by C J Gagner »

hope all goes well :cry:
Though the course may change sometimes rivers always reach the sea!!!!
gumby

Post by gumby »

Eric
glad to hear about the ins. Wish we could get some of the rain out here. :roll:
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig