Surf Report 2009

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Scott
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Scott »

Willy,

That's amazing. Here at Steamer Lane it was reported at "ankle to shin-high +". You gotta love the "+"... I haven't seen an 8' wave for a long time!

Glad you scored!
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Pleasure Point also had peeling 18 inchers...if that.
kbing since plywood days
maxb

Post by maxb »

well by most accounts ,this weekend through most of next week there should be some medium sized south in the water.
we are trying to get a few guys together for a surf on saturday, and maybe sunday too. somewhere near hunt. newp. area.
come on down or up as the case may be :?
max
kbing newport
gumby

Post by gumby »

Do I smell a mini gathering 8) Havent been in the water in 2 weeks work :cry: :D I want to bring my cameras let me know
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
maxb

Post by maxb »

surfed r j 's late morning some walls some corners, pretty fun, wayne and the crew at the cove will check h b area i will check newport area and meet at the coveand go from there or stay and surf there depending on what looks fun . anyone interested show up at the cove around 5:30-5:45
saturday
max
kbing newport
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

This AM was pretty fun.

A foggy start, but quickly went to blue skies, slight offshores, peaky combo swell.

The period on both are fairly long. There's some speed to be had, and a few nice hollow bowls.

It still looked fun as of 40 minutes ago
khoningford
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

surf report 8/27/09

Post by khoningford »

Solid bump from the south at Newps today, tropical swell piggy-backing on an already healthy southern hemi. I think it even caught most of the forecasters off guard as evidenced by the light crowd. Saw another kneelo out catching some bombs over by 56th, not sure who it was but definitely charging. Max reported that he along with a solid crew of other kneemen took full control of The Point and handed out free showers to all...this swell may be headed up your way, SF.

Some pictures posted up at http://www.eppicsurf.com
spidah da kneeridah
Bud

Post by Bud »

Off to a good start. :D

jim richardson
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by jim richardson »

Lower Trestles yesterday. One of the best days I have ever seen there. Good sized Fun Fun Fun. The outside waves would clean up the kiddy pool and when you would take off on wave number two three four or five of the set the inside looked like an avalanche had just rolled though with boards and bodies spread out all over. This situation really reduced the tension in the water and separated cream from the crap so to speak. Still stoked. :twisted: :D 8)
SURFSURFSURF
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

A warm sunny day in the City today

Went out at mid-beach. The inside provided some extended exercise.

Outside was well OH and clean, but a bit backed-off on some.

Started at Rivera, got out South of Tavaval. Yes, there's current.

There was wind texture on the increase as I left.

KH if the South is running, it's getting overwhelmed by NW. Not a bad problem!

JR... in contrast, there wasn't another person within easily two city blocks one way and four plus the other. Took a business call at South lot Sloat, where the crowds were congregated.
skansand

Post by skansand »

surfed the blackball at 40th st newport today on the mat....4-6' EPIC sesh , hopefully pics..... usually newport is too vert and dredgy causing the mat to fold in the bottom turn but today i tried hanging off the back more to set my line then jump forward...IT Worked! Amazing.....

.probably around 10 nice toobs today counting my 2 doubles... and lots of speed lines most boogies were having trouble with... ALso shared a couple barrels too...DOUble In-N-Outs!!! Instant friends were made.... :D
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
maxb

Post by maxb »

surfed 18th st yesterday from 10-1:30 very fun about 2' overhead on the sets and good shape, me ,bill seiler ,a kneelo named shannon, and bill sharp came out a bit after and joined in. the 4 of us had our pick of the sets and at times it was a kb'er on each wave of the set 8) ,
very uncrowded :shock: thanks for missing this one surfline 8)
44th today about hh and really fun
max
kbing newport
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

WNW coming through The Lane with 3'-5' glassy peelers. Not too many people out yet. Git it while you can.
kbing since plywood days
K-man

Post by K-man »

Swell jumped today...very nice!Reefs were a bit blown,had to do the downtown shuffle.Luckily the lemmings left in one huge migration... :lol: Managed 2+ hrs of small fun lefts and rights with a handfull of locals.Bad juju red tide again.. :evil: Not good.....Bigger from the NW tomorrow with a nice small south underneath.Probably cruise a bit further north tom.One of the hidden hidey holes has been breaking,Paddle over deep water,500+harbor seals[shark twinkies]just on the side of the point...... :roll: Mans gotta do what a mans gotta do...... :lol:

cheers
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

Today I surfed DP. overhead, glassy, warm water surf thanks to T.S. Danny. M-O-W did the 3 hour drive up from Miami and scored the same glass until dark. His cell phone call confirmed the stoke!
More swell tomorrow and another tropical wave coming off of Africa is showing promise!