Surf Report 2009

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

ross
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by ross »

Jeez any swim there would be a long one hey Scott. I'd be humming the "jaws" theme all the way to the sand :lol:
Casey Patelski
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

HB CONTEST SIGHT REPORT

Post by Casey Patelski »

730 am, Solid 6-8+ HB Pier today. NW with a hint of S made for super long rights and lefts on the south side. Slight offshores, 4+ wave sets, lots of current kept the 2nd and 3rd peak crowd spread out. Got all the waves I wanted, but still had to slalom thru the impact zone of dorks. Stayed glassy all day!. Sand bar(s) are really working good right now. Lots of jagged rocks, fish hooks, sharks, pirannas and jelly fish now though, you wouldnt like it here.
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
MikeS
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by MikeS »

Scott good to see you made it down my way...unfortunately you misssed the "DAY"...Saturday it was off the charts...Dave M. surfed from 7am to dark....(is the the guy super human ..or what??)..all day it was 8-10+ offshore and Barrel'n...surf'd twice myself..the later sesh was met with Draining double overhead bowls...Awesome Day down here... (for the record, in 35+ years of surfing here ,I've never seen ScottMac)
"Dunes Local"
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Nice Mike, :roll:
Last edited by ScottMac on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

We scored, Monday morning the young son Evan and I went to the Harbor expecting near flatness, the buoys were barely moving at 1.6-2.0 with a strong incoming tide. We got more than expected, the overall small and crowded conditions were punctuated with outside sets from the incoming swell. Evan, Marc Schroeder (the kids math teacher) and I sat outside and picked off every set wave. The sets were 3-6 foot and near perfect shape, rights and lefts that we split just off the north side of the south jetty. Every set was preceded by a strong rip pulling us out to sea so we knew when to set up for the waves. The crowd of unfamiliar faces got a bit surly when they realized we were the only ones scoring, not our problem as we were the only ones paying dues by sitting so far out. Eventually small groups of them paddled away (works for me). The three of us had our unfair share of great rides.
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Phoned in surf report from Akio:

El Cap, Santa Barbara, 4-5 foot, 5 people in the morning, more later, glassy all day, perfect peeling epic conditions.
SCORE!!!
MWROBERTSON

Surf report

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Newport was firing off 3-5ft glassy-lowtide peaks last night. A slight offshore kicked up right before sunset. A brilliant orange sky with cloud streaks over Catalina. A phtographers dream.
Bill F

Post by Bill F »

C.P.Odom wrote:Phoned in surf report from Akio:

El Cap, Santa Barbara, 4-5 foot, 5 people in the morning, more later, glassy all day, perfect peeling epic conditions.
SCORE!!!
---It was the first time I've surfed with Akio in 30 yrs..his morning surf was talked about all day today in SB harbor. I got there at 1:30 and he had already,driven for 3 hrs, surfed 3 hrs and napped and then went out another 3 hrs with me!...it was classic El Cap. That guy john was out also....
Last edited by Bill F on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

man, perfect El Cap with only 5 guys out...dream session.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Wow, everyone getting great surf this last week, it sounds like (well, those on the west coast, anyways). Mike, "double overhead draining barrels" at that spot! :shock: I'm sorry, no one can surf from 7 a.m. until dark....can he? After 5 hours I'd be falling asleep in the lineup. And the viciousness of the cramps....

Uncrowded El Cap--the perfect small kneeboarding wave!

CP: can you guarantee that sort of swell for the contest in January? Wow...

Got a GoPro Surf Cam as my early present (well, I had to order it myself--couldn't trust that one to the missus). Putting in my FCS plug on the nose of my gun tomorrow, and hope to demo it on Saturday in the very solid surf forecast for that day.

I just love the winter!!!!
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
K-man

Post by K-man »

8) Scott's got a new toy!.. :lol: Means we get to see some vids!Have fun.

Fun yesterday 2-4 clean,and the water..... is nippy.Offshores this morning,with a smaller swell,thinking the north reefs will be fun.Summer crowd is gone... 8)

cheers
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

ScottMac....for the record...We all know you surf the "Beaches" predominately...but MLanding???..maybe "Kiddie ponds" on the other side,if that...but not the "Dunes" or the "Jetty" ..these places are reserved for the Locals :lol:
"Dunes Local"
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Surfed the Cove/Lake street today with Jimputz, Razor, and Ed Dimick. 3-4 foot face on the sets. Going to be at Morro Bay this week till Jan 2. Triple overhead on Sunday and Monday. Just me and Bazza??? :twisted:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
JackG

Post by JackG »

Surfed two local reefs in the last week that only break on long period swells. Size was only waist/shoulder high at spot one, but had it to myself for more than an hour which was just a delight, only two other people before that. Well overhead at spot two yesterday, super long mushy right pits, three people out. Both of these spots are less than a mile from my house (in opposite directions). Gotta love winter.
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Surfed Cayucos Pier, 8ft plus, but kinda walled. Lot's of board snapping power. :)
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction