Any OZ KBers Ever Surf Here...

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

ross
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by ross »

Yeah Scott, the wave we were surfing is pretty much a winter only spot because it needs to be at least 20-25 feet from a certain direction with a period of 18 seconds or more before my bro will even put the boat in the water(which is the only access).

Swells up to 40-50 feet on the bouys are quite common in winter. I couldn't believe these guys drove past flawless 8ft waves without even stopping! I've never seen the ocean like it was that day and they were headed for a wave that is pretty exposed! :twisted:
Shelfbreak
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Shelfbreak »

If that's the Pepsi challenge better make mine a cup of tea.
Shelfbreak
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

Have seen some offshore reefs down those parts cracking in quite small swells, this is obviously the real deal from a big Antarctic low.[/img]
Shelfbreak
gaz
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by gaz »

HHmm, not sure what to think about these once unblemished areas being frequented by the likes of camera toting self promoters. So far it's under control I suppose, until the cameras start pointing back toward the coast.... Anyway there's only deep offshore shark infested slabs in this area. Nothing to see here boys, look elsewhere and go about your business!
danny shilling

Post by danny shilling »

The landlord in the grey suit should keep the numbers down hopefully.Ross
I know the spot where you surfed, Ive been in the area for summer bushfires and often thought what a good set up and with minimal surfers in
the area.Good to see there are still these places left.