Legend (Contribution King!)

Any OZ KBers Ever Surf Here...

Post by surfhorn »

kbing since plywood days
Scott

Post by Scott »

Boy, that really shows what the best of the spongers can do on a wave that is just about impossible for anyone else. Loved the suicide airs they got on some of those, and the krazy kiteboarder gettin' a few.
jim richardson
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by jim richardson »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: 8)
SURFSURFSURF
jdc

Post by jdc »

yeah!

most of us Ozz kneelos cut our teeth out there as groms...but we try to keep mum about it cos were so self effacing.

Now that we are all forties and fifty plus somethings, the storys are leaking out

Steen wont let his photos be published till his long gone...sorta like a second comming

our grand children will know our legacy but

:D
i like surfing
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

jdc :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
freshfruitflava
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by freshfruitflava »

Yeah...paddled halfway out there a few times...the music was wankerish, so I paddled back in and went rollerblading instead.
ah blahbl ahb lahbla hbl ahblahb, lah blahbl a hbl ahblahb lahbl. Ahbl ah blahbla hblahbl, ah blahb la hbla hblahbl ahbl, ah blahbl ahbl ahb. Lah, bla hblahbla hbl
Bud

Post by Bud »

WOW !!!

And you're out there with these as well
:shock:
Scott

Post by Scott »

Bud, that is the HEAVIEST wave I have ever seen: 10 feet of wave face, and another 12 feet of massive lip, and all of it extending back about 100 yards!!!!!!

The shark looks tame by comparison...
Bumps

Post by Bumps »

You need to be one eyed to surf there!
'Your site has been suspended for suspicious activity or complaints'.
griz

Post by griz »

that photo of Bud`s is actually not of Cyclops but a semi recent find in the general region that has the slab masters frothing as the afore mentioned is generally being left to the lidders these days , although lidders did play a major role in being some of the first to tackle this mutant.
ross

Post by ross »

Hey Scott remember when you asked me if i thought the shark vibe was strong to the north of SC? and i told you it wasn't to bad because medical help was close by. Well by the time you get back to land from this break your looking at a three hour drive to basic medical facilities, no mobile phone acsess in between! :shock:
Believe it or not the shot in Buds post is about 400k's to the east of cyclops one of a few like it in the area :?
You know sometimes you think your "having a go" and you see this kind of activity and just crawl back under your bed.
And who the hell wants to flap around off the back of these rockshelves where the biggest sharks in Australia lurk, waiting to get towed into one?
gotta hand to these lids though, my brother-inlaw and I were surfing a sheltered rivermouth earlier this year,8foot and pumping. the lids came out of the inlet on jetskis to go surf "the right", didn't even stop to surf where we were! The swell outside that day was 50ft @ 23 seconds :shock:
There are so many no-name chargers down there it's not funny.

So heavy 8)
ross

Post by ross »

ross wrote:Hey Scott remember when you asked me if i thought the shark vibe was strong to the north of SC? and i told you it wasn't to bad because medical help was close by. Well by the time you get back to land from this break your looking at a three hour drive to basic medical facilities, no mobile phone acsess in between! :shock:
Believe it or not the shot in Buds post is about 300k's to the west of cyclops one of a few like it in the area :?
You know sometimes you think your "having a go" and you see this kind of activity and just crawl back under your bed.
And who the hell wants to flap around off the back of these rockshelves where the biggest sharks in Australia lurk, waiting to get towed into one?
gotta hand to these lids though, my brother-inlaw and I were surfing a sheltered rivermouth earlier this year,8foot and pumping. the lids came out of the inlet on jetskis to go surf "the right", didn't even stop to surf where we were! The swell outside that day was 50ft @ 23 seconds :shock:
There are so many no-name chargers down there it's not funny.

So heavy 8)
Scott

Post by Scott »

Great post, Ross -- thanks! But 50 ft/23 seconds? That can't really have ever existed, can it?
RMcKnee

seeing is believing ...

Post by RMcKnee »

Scott wrote:But 50 ft/23 seconds? That can't really have ever existed, can it?
Err ...
the Smoke and Mirrors Dept of the Bureau of Bullsh!t wrote:on July 5, an even bigger swell slammed into Cow Bombie, this time with highly favourable light offshore wind conditions. On the day, all previous ideas of surf size in these waters were blown out the window, as surfers like defending Oakley/ASL Big Wave Awards champ Damon Eastaugh, Paul (Jake’s brother) Paterson, Alex “Alfy” Cater, Damien “Taco” Warr and Lief Mulick tackled 30 to 40 foot plus waves.
Article here
http://www.coastalwatch.com/news/news.a ... Type=admin
Photos here
http://jamiescottimages.com/NewWebsite2009/gallery5.htm
(Click the WAVES tab for shots of Cyclops, among others.)
Strangely, crowds don't seem to be a problem at these breaks.
RMcKnee

Post by RMcKnee »

Just by the way, the thought just occurred to me that when these guys (in the photos) talk about "surfing", they're talking about something of which I have absolutely no conception at all.