General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

rooster
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by rooster »

It's beginning to look a lot like winter :lol: :lol:

Just signed up for unemployment 8)

Going to be off for 2 weeks while the boss is on vacation. It will be nice to get to surf other than the weekend :D :D And get PAID for it :!: :!: :!:

Does that make me sponsored :?:
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

got a few good waves. some big sets :shock: . ripped one of the twin fins out of my 6'4" so seems like business as usual :lol:
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
JackG
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by JackG »

Caught a quick sesh down the street before work on the first NW swell of the fall to make it around Pt Conception. Been living on mtn biking all summer, very little windswell this year.

I do wish my colleagues had consulted the buoys before scheduling a morning meeting tomorrow instead of Thursday when it surely will be flat again. How inconsiderate.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Headed over to Santa Cruz after work with my middle-size wave board. After looking around town (kinda crowded), I ended up at 4 Mile with rapidly building sets. After paddling out, the other few guys kinda disappeared and I sat there alone, not knowing the Monterey buoy had jumped to 16', 17 seconds!

With the dropping tide and the growing swell, the takeoff spot moved out to a quite a ways beyond the point, easily DOH. I got mowed down a few times by the sets, had some awkward wipeouts where my board felt so unfamiliar and the tail drifting around (should have been on my gun), and two long, long holddowns, gettin' wrapped up in the thick kelp, like you usually never experience until December or January. A lone surfer was just standing there on the point with board in hand, waiting for the swells to subside so he could jump off the point. After almost 30 minutes that time never came and eventually he walked back to the beach. I paddled in from my solo session at sunset, happy to feel sand under my feet and happy for the first real northwest swell of the fall, wiping away the memories of a pathetic summer of surf.

Yeah, I had my hat handed to me Santa Cruz style...
Masons

Post by Masons »

SB is getting solid swell in, locals spot, long right point break with NO one out and solid 4' backs.. Mmmm.. Fall.

Anyone interested? 8)
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

HH and offshore tomorrow thanks to T.S. Nicole.
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

rooster wrote:It's beginning to look a lot like winter :lol: :lol:

Just signed up for unemployment 8)

Going to be off for 2 weeks while the boss is on vacation. It will be nice to get to surf other than the weekend :D :D And get PAID for it :!: :!: :!:

Does that make me sponsored :?:
You Lucky Bum. :wink:
"So if you want to kneeboard, find the hollowest waves you can, ride as short of a board as possible and go fast and deep. If you want to slip and slide, twist and jerk, go for air then stand up and do it. Let’s keep kneeboarding sacred."
-Bird Huffman
barry

local

Post by barry »

Hey Masons I live about 2 hours north of ya.
maybe we should get together to surf some times?
point breaks sound good sometimes and if ya wanna check out some reefs and spots up here I am often looking for someone to paddle out with.
actually surfed with just me and a friend this afternoon for a couple hours at a nearby reef was glassy and fun. it got interesting after about 45 minutes when half of a seal floated through the lineup! it drifted around near us for about 25 minutes until a big enough set and the current took it around into the bay!
randiego

Re: local

Post by randiego »

barry wrote: it got interesting after about 45 minutes when half of a seal floated through the lineup! it drifted around near us for about 25 minutes until a big enough set and the current took it around into the bay!
Not quite like Huntington Pier, eh Bazza? :shock: :shock:
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
Masons

Post by Masons »

Barry,, you gotta respect the landlord if he comes to collect. :shock:

Sketchy stuff lol.

Ya, I really appreciate the invite to surf, PM sent and we should definitely get together on the next solid west down here. If the degree is below 290, especially 275ish, then it goes off and there's a lot of areas with perfect rights north of SB proper.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

No lie Masons. From IV to Gaviota there lies a lot of nuggets......
KenM

Post by KenM »

I sure hope K-man is scoring in Kauai (how could he not be?) because his home break has been all time this week.
Captain Kneemo fan club

Post by Mike Fernandez »

I'm back after three days of surfing OC, MD. Monday was three feet overhead, and kinda ugly. After my fourth ride in, I lost count while going under at least 22 waves trying to get back out. Man I was in a foul mood! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Yesterday was nicer. Head high, drops still rad. Think heavy Seal Beach.
Today was epic, soooooo many left and right dry tubes. About chest high waves. FCS surf plug came loose somehow on the Blast, but the board was killin it. Surfed four hours. It's getting cold. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

You scored Mike! Dry tubes both ways...can't remember ever saying that around here! :D
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

southpeakbrad wrote:You scored Mike! Dry tubes both ways...can't remember ever saying that around here! :D
Uh huh Brad, keep it on the down low :lol: :wink: But I can't believe I think I had more right tubes yesterday, than in the last few years. Confidence level is up for now. :D
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction