General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

feralmick
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

chaffeing polyester boardshorts

Post by feralmick »

:( Does anyone else have this problem?
After about an hour in the water i get chaffed from my genuine Ripcurl Made In China 100% Polyester boardies. (about 2 years old and i rarely wear them)
As i normally surf for 4 hours plus this is a big problem.
Have some cotton Toes on the Nose which i wear 99% of the time. No problem with them but after several years use they need replacement.
Checked out a few shops lately and almost everything is polyester and not cheap.
Any (serious) suggestions please????

A lighthearted and also serious story.
Several weeks back i surfed a place called A Bay, which is about 3klm walk from the Noosa carpark. Surf was reasonable and i was in the water for 2 hours in my Polyester boardies. Felt a little chaffing when i got out but didn`t worry too much. After a few hundred yards the chaffing was quite painful but i kept going. 1 klm later the pain was too much so i took the boardies off and walked the rest of the trip in my jocks and rashy top. Fortunately it was an overcast day with not many people around. Made it back to the car with strange looks from only 50 or so people.
The reason i waited so long before stripping to my jocks, A Bay is an unnoficial nudist beach, been there 3 times and always a few strange looking blokes strutting their stuff. The first half klm on the track back goes through deserted bush before it gets onto another track frequented by regular tourists and surfers.
Not keen on a repeat performance so looking for boardies that don`t chaff.
maxb
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by maxb »

Feral, anything without an inseam. In Indo last year 6+ hrs in the water first day, and I was torn up. My buddy kenny loaned me some Hurley Phantoms ,no more issues, also Freddy P had those Oneil shorts that you wear under your boardies and those made me even more comfy. Those 2 guys made my Indo trip a whole lot more enjoyable. Another really good pair of trunks are the Analog Maxwells, but Ilearned the hard way, make sure NO INSEAMS.
Max
kbing newport
Fossil Man

castration sessions

Post by Fossil Man »

Ferral, I second those remarks about the good brands of boardshorts. I like the Oneill freak or the Quicksilver manic ( thicker,more durable but maybe not quite the strechyness) . Sometimes I'll wear that Underarmour Heat short under the lighter Oneills for protection w/o rash.
Kneeboarding since 1976; always searching for the ultimate sled, always in awe and grateful for the work of master craftsmen, Romanosky, Frye, Cleary, Mc Cray, Timpone, Ballestar, Minami, Hart.
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

I wish Katin would go back to making canvas shorts again.
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

Hurley Phantoms are insane.
malajusted
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by malajusted »

g,day mick i was alwas ripping the ass out of my boardies :oops: sitting astride a 24" board so i bought a pair of water ski shorts about 2mm thick they don't ride up :D are comfy :D and no chaffing :D and last forever, :D like your wetsuit you need to rinse after every sesson.
hope this helps mal
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

Toughen up Feral or we'll have to change your name to Metrosexual Mick !

One thing I noticed in the Maldives was our guide changed out of his wet boardshorts as soon as he got back on the boat. I thinks its the walking around in wet boardies that can kick start the rash.
Shelfbreak
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

Birdwell's.
K-man

Post by K-man »

I suppose you be talking about that red nasty inner thigh rash?The problem is the seam rubbing on the leg hairs.Got my trusry man razor,shaved a circle around the area,problem solved.Cheap fix. :wink:

cheers
bdwqld

Post by bdwqld »

Gday Mick,
Volcom, Quicksilver and Gotcha, I don't have a problem with them. The Volcom have some sort of lining in them, wore them all the time in PNG. I have a pair of cotton and something else Golden Breed boardies that used to leave me bow legged if I wore em more than 2 hours when wet.
"Start at the Knees Please"
http://neepro.blogspot.com/
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

Shelfbreak wrote:Toughen up Feral or we'll have to change your name to Metrosexual Mick !
i'm with Shelfbreak on this one....chafing?...shaving? WTH :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
K-man

Post by K-man »

:lol: ..WTF?Ya'all must be rich!Buy a lot of poki-kim chee with them prices... :roll:
Kev

Post by Kev »

Shelfbreak wrote:Toughen up Feral or we'll have to change your name to Metrosexual Mick !
:shock:
oooo ?

harsh
very harsh
feralmick

Post by feralmick »

Thanks for the input folks.
I`m getting used to being soft and too lazy to shave my legs, so i`ll start shopping around for some of the brands mentioned. :D
Very limited range in the small town where i live.
womble

Post by womble »

Hey Mick ... have you tried using Lucas Pawpaw Cream ... for curing the rash issue ... :?:
I wouldn't be applying it to the nether regions anywhere near that "walking track" ... you might get a bit of ... "hello sweetie can I help" ... :shock:
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand.
While imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Albert Einstein ... Yeah Bert.