ours less 1

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

analbirth
Legend (Contribution King!)

ours less 1

Post by analbirth »

neck breaking break called ours a punishing sydney shelfy. Any KB takers?

http://www.coastalwatch.com/news/articl ... 0&cateId=3&
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
szrbloke
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by szrbloke »

PC would have been right in there.
all the best,

Scotty
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

I'd go tell the boy's, "good day mate, I'm an American, hows about letting me have a go at it, I really like Russel Crowe :lol: :lol: :lol: Actually, maybe if it was a left. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
szrbloke

Post by szrbloke »

Mate don't mention Crowe he's a Kiwi!!!!
all the best,

Scotty
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

it's a spot where you need balls the size of jupiter, a lobotomy and have no commitment issues........ and that folks is not me
it's up there with shippies
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

I hate to see a fellow lifeguard become a victim :( ! I pray he makes a full recovery. That wave is one mean mofo!!
2 weeks ago my partner and I responded to a spinal injury on the beach-45 year old man pile drove himself into the shorebreak on a bodyboard. When we got to him, he had blood coming out of his nose and mouth, and no motor or sensation in his extremities, read paralysis. We had to do an emergency move on a backboard to get him out of the surf zone. We packaged him and the medics flew him out to a trauma center in Melbourne. Last I heard he's going to be able to walk again. Sorry for the rant, but I've had this rescue stuck in my head for a while and this post just flashed it up again.
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

8) 8) Eric, hat's off to you mate. I started my ocean life being a "clubbie" or surf life saverdoing patrols, competing in all events as well as surf boats & got a bit sick of the regimental stuff (and the hero's) & so moved on to my favourite individual sport of kneeboarding ...... you guys are literally "life savers" for those that enter the water and find themselves in difficulties.
There used to be an us & them type of feeling between the two but as surfing has evolved and quite often, at least in part of the world, you find nowadays they are one (surfers & lifesavers/lifeguard). A lot of surfers gained their water knowledge going through the nippers system in this country and so should respect each others respective water man/person skills....sorry for the rant....a lot of respect for what you guys do anyways.

Cheers Wolruss
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Yeah A.B., not that the Bra Boys would let you surf Ours anyway, I'm not a contender either, I hurt now from just having a surf let alone hitting anything.

Cheers Wolruss
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

Russ yeah that kind of protectionist policy gives me the shitts but "they" travel elswhere and they expect to get a wave. I wouldn't surf at ours on principle, not gunna give em the chance to shut me down.Thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it.

And the fact that that wave scares the crap outa me doesn't have anything to do with it