Tangle-Free Leash

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

capesurf
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Tangle-Free Leash

Post by capesurf »

I can hear the comments now how "real men don't wear leashes", "real men don't wear fins", yada, yada,
But for those of us that do (and some beaches require leashes) I've found a solution that prevents my board leash from wrapping around my fin. It's an XM Tangle-Free Comp-Lite Surf Leash. It has a small weighted plastic slider that slides up and down the leash and keeps it sinking and away from your feet. You can't tell it's there and doesn't seem to cause any drag. No more getting tangled when it's time to kick for the next wave.
Bring on the debate.
K-man
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by K-man »

Worth a try... :) Talked to local shop owner,I'll get a freebie see how it works.Get tired of having the cord roll under my knee,go spinnig off into oblivion... :lol:

CHEERS
The Kid
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by The Kid »

it doesn't seem to make a difference to me i only got one cause i have a yellow and purple board and it was the only one that was one of those colors.
The Kid
toofast3
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by toofast3 »

What I have found that works the best for me is the lenght of the leash. For me, if it`s short, it`s in the way. I use 8' leash. Something else I look for is the compatition models. They tend to be thinner and more flexible.
fooj

Post by fooj »

I don't wrap the leash around the board or anything and lube the swivels on occasion. This seems to work here in the middle of the Pacific.
bongbong