SO CAL REPORT= BLACKIES FIREING MONDAY AM 112910

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

Casey Patelski
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Casey Patelski »

Got the call from JT this am that Blackies was fireing and he's jumping in. We had 20-30 mph winds all day Sunday that upwelled cold water and the swell to over head Victory at Sea. Monday am was straight off shore 8-15mph against an over head NW wind swell and maybe 56-57F water, wind chill low 40's. In one hour I caught 10 waves , 6 in and out barrels with 75 to 100 ft of clean multi-whackable face after coming out of the barrel. Classic Blackies. What a stoke! Its been total crap for 2 weeks here before. I'm fixed for now.
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
Joe Taylor
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Joe Taylor »

So glad I called you, Casey. It was soooo much fun! Being out with Stonfish Randy and Wayne K, what a wonderful, classic Blackies morning. Clean fun barrels with faces to whack. But it was pretty darn cold. Looking forward to many more mornings such as this one.
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

There's been a few sessions over the last week... good news!

Most have been dawn patrol: 33-35F air, water reports are conflicted, but I'm guessing around 52-55F.

Offshores today gusting above 12MPH.

It's pretty small, but clean.

Here's a couple of sunset shots care of StokeReport and OB-KC. Amazing sunsets... and the sunrises are pretty nice as well.

Bone-chilled but ready for tomorrow. Notch up on swell.

Oh, reports North: colder

http://stokereport.com/rant/tonights-set-41

http://stokereport.com/rant/tonights-set-40
K-man
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by K-man »

Making a run to cron for a check.The bros surfed ob yesterday;said it was fun.Report says swell is a bit bigger... 8) Cron don't pan out,I''l be in the area.

cheers
KenM

Re: post

Post by KenM »

K-man wrote:Making a run to cron for a check.The bros surfed ob yesterday;said it was fun.Report says swell is a bit bigger... 8) Cron don't pan out,I''l be in the area.

cheers
But it'll cost ya an extra 6 bucks. :lol: :lol:
Captain Kneemo fan club

Post by SFKneelo »

Just got back... oh yeah!

It did bump up a notch.

Bob, went out where you did yesterday. Hollowness early, and some great sets pouring through. It was getting a wee bit funky towards the end.

Still darn cold.

Pay the $$ Ken & K!
KenM

Post by KenM »

:lol:
Captain Kneemo fan club

Post by K-man »

Bingo!!!6$?cheap fix for some decent waves...Hit the 10 till 12? window.Small friendly group around the chalet area.Heaps of lefts and rights.Still afew insiders at the lower tide.And... the rips weren't bad.... 8) Looks the swell size will hold thru tom.We'll probably run north in the morn. one of our hidey holes Likes this swell and these condits.Ran into bob,had a board chat,vamanos!.....back to bobo.

cheers