Where to check around SLO April 8 and 9th?

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

AM_Glass
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Where to check around SLO April 8 and 9th?

Post by AM_Glass »

Hey Mid-Coast CA KBers. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions of where to check for surf around SLO this weekend. Surf is forecast to be big 12sec NW wind swell with NW winds. I'm considering checking the south side of Morro Rock or somewhere around Avila to escape the raw, the size, and the wind. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
It could be worse, I could be in Oakla-homa.
Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Not an expert, and I don't live there, but if you drive into the rock parking lot, check on the left side of the rock as you look out to the ocean for a left hander on the other side of the inlet. It's a rarity when it breaks, needs size. I saw it break one time, and didn't realize it's a rarity, so it's on my hit list next time. Tough paddle across the inlet. Only a couple SUP's last time I saw it break. Don't know about other spots. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
gumby

Post by gumby »

I don't know to much about the surf. but there is a surf shop there that has a large collection of greeny's old spoons that is worth a look on a windy day. Now if I could just remember the name of it. :lol:
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Check the Pier.......
NCountyKneelo
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by NCountyKneelo »

PM SamC. He attends Cal Poly SLO. He is always up to take a fellow Kneelo around his area.
AM_Glass

Post by AM_Glass »

The closest thing I found to a surf shop in SLO town was Moondoggies, but I didn't even walk in. To much confusion in my plans kept me from getting even a glimps of the ocean since I didn't find free time until noon, and by then the wind was howling through town. I took a hike around Bishop's Peak, which is nice but no substitute for surf.
It could be worse, I could be in Oakla-homa.