Board pickup/transport Caves Beach Newcastle Area?

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

albert
Legend (Contribution King!)

Board pickup/transport Caves Beach Newcastle Area?

Post by albert »

Hello,

I was wondering if any kneelos on here from the Newcastle area are planning on attending the Coffs comp and can transport a board for me. The board was purchased on eBay a while ago, I just havent had the chance to do the 7 hours of driving required to pick up the board :roll:

The seller is not willing to either; a. pack the board up so I can arrange a courier, or b. meet me on the highway on my way up to the Coffs contest. The board is at Caves Beach just south of Newcastle and has been paid for, all that needs to be done is the board needs to be picked up.

If anyone out there can help I will be very greatful, Ill gladly pitch in a few bucks for your petrol and a few beers at the pub for your efforts. Please feel free to PM me. :D

Thanks
Albert
Headwax.

Post by Headwax. »

bugger my wife was down there for lunch today - it's about an hours round journey from here

if you get in touch with Satch of the Novos - he lives just around the corner from caves and will probably be at coffs - as he was at PI

Paul Satchell Seabreeze photography

http://seabreezephotography.com.au/index.php

congrats on winning the worlds by the way - thoroughly deserved
Anthony B
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Anthony B »

Hey Albert why dont you pick the board up on the way back ,you could come thru Newy to caves and jump back on the freeway not that much of a detour.
albert

Post by albert »

thanks for the suggestion Anthony, but its actually about an hour detour according to my map directions, plus I wont be driving and I would rather not ask someone to take an extra hour detour on an already long drive. Thanks for the tip Headwax, ill contact satch and see if he will be up for it.

Thanks
Albert
womble

Post by womble »

albert wrote:thanks for the suggestion Anthony, but its actually about an hour detour according to my map directions, plus I wont be driving and I would rather not ask someone to take an extra hour detour on an already long drive. Thanks for the tip Headwax, ill contact satch and see if he will be up for it.

Thanks
Albert
Hey Bert ... a one hour detour to pick up a stick and maybe check out a bit of scenery ... a one hour detour on a drive from copsarva to the barrel-less-gong or visa-versa is but a blip on the radar ... its a road trip ... embrace the idea ... you are prepared to throw beer at the volunteer who delivers the merchandise ... throw the beer at the driver of your vehicle ... or is it that you don't want to meet the purveyor of the purchase due to some ill feelings pertaining to their lack of wanting to ship the goods etc.
Come on champ ... roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty.

The detour through that area just happens to follow the old coast road ... so put a copy of pet sounds in the cassette player ... wack an old dee finned log on the roof racks of the dak-dak and hit the track ... :shock:
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand.
While imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Albert Einstein ... Yeah Bert.
Anthony B

Post by Anthony B »

Womble :roll: Like the gongo we have no waves here :shock:
albert

Post by albert »

thanks for the encouragement womble, but its not my car, im not the driver and I personally think it would be rude to ask so much from the back seat.

Besides the board has already been picked up by the great Paul Satchell, it'll be much easier to arrange pickup from him than was from the seller.