Choosing a Shaper

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

jdc
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by jdc »

Steeno wrote:Hey Mike
The amount of people that know about kneeriding might change later this year.

thanks for the heads up steen...shave and combed hair on surf days from now on...might have to grow my hair though! 8)
i like surfing
Bramo
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by Bramo »

I never used to see kneeboarders at my local break when I started over a year ago or all those years bodyboarding. The past weekend there was 3 of us in the line-up. Great to see other guys surfing, maybe its picking up in South Africa again.
BigAirMass

Re: vd

Post by BigAirMass »

CaptKneemo wrote:glad you went local. it doesnt matter if a shaper guy kneerides or not, right bud/bruce? we got where we are today with local folks experiementinging. lets keep doing that! oh, and the numbers of folks that know about kneeriding is changing...as we all are beginning to die off :evil:
I just have a fetish for mongrel boards that don't ride well and then break. Call me a masochist. :wink:

I'm sure I'll do business with one of the kneelo master shapers in the not too distant future. Until then, I'll just have to enjoy riding this forged tribute to their brilliance.

Post by Moderator »

Thanks for pulling this one back on track Jamie. Always nice to see the community police themselves :D

Cheers boys, carry on 8)
jdc

Post by jdc »

Dear mr moderator, mr jamie’s comment’s were so breathtakingly avuncular in the true pejorative of that sentiment that one felt a strangely evangelical piousness had interrupted some robust debate on matters pertaining to literature, literacy and its employment.

I think if you read the comments that follow jamie’s intervention the protagonists and punters were somewhat amused. I was also somewhat reminded of the character Percy Weasly from jk rowling’s harry potter books, when Jamie did take it upon himself to provide a compass of moral posting authority.

You would need to read the books rather than see the films to fully gauge this comparison. Mr Collins of jane austin’s “pride and prejudice” also springs to mind.

However, we should stick to the Percy comparison as he returns to his senses and rejoins the family in the end.

Ps: analbirth, i think you might find that the righteous by stander (as mentioned by shelf break) and the oz moderator (as mentioned by you) are the same.

pss: for those that think we must stay on topic...dont get stuck in a rut kids. for those that enjoy the idea of kneelos being left or right field...this is just another lateral digression :wink:
i like surfing
Howard Lorney

Post by Howard Lorney »

Quick, where's that damn dictionary :wink:
Live for the moments that take your breath away.

kneed for speed
analbirth
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by analbirth »

why oh why did i open this thread again..............

GO MANLY YOU BLOODY LEGENDS :D :D
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
szrbloke

Post by szrbloke »

Come on the Wallabies!!!!
all the best,

Scotty