SURFER'S JOURNAL

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

danny shilling
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by danny shilling »

Cant find it in Kalbarri newsagency doh!! Im sure I can source it online though,I strongly advise the good captn to put a collection of his rants together and some pics chuck it in a mag so I can clean the BBQ when Ive finnished.
budgie
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

promo

Post by budgie »

The latest offering from the LEGless promo machine via Korduroy is an unbelievably good quality promotion of kneeboarding.

THANKYOU for portraying kneeboarding so positively and pushing the journalist barriers with your very good spin doctor skills.

To get any media for kneeboarders is OOPS was nearly impossible.

Cover shots on mainstream mags owned by media moguls who look only at accountants stats and marketing surveys.

Kneeboarding doesnt sell or are we the surge against the machine of mainstream surfing.

THAnKYOU
Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Yes, well done guys. I received a copy in my swag, going to read it in between editing videos. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
scotcase

Post by scotcase »

KenM wrote:"The most widespread fallacy regarding the evolution of the modern surfer is the persistent belief in Lamarckian inheritance. As you will undoubtedly recall from middle school biology, Jean Baptiste Pierre Antoine de Monet, Chevalier de la Marck, was a French scientist who believed that all living creatures continuously adapted to their environments through the use and/or disuse of certain body parts.....................................Barnes offers a speciation theory to explain the outstanding performance of the legless population................... Allometry is a term that describes the relationship between the size of an organism and the size of it's constituent parts, in this case, rider and board." Lamarkian inheritance? Speciaton theory? Allometry? What the fu..?
And all this time I thought kneeboarding was the result of spongers crawling to there knees to snake stand ups. Can't wait to see 50 rental kneeboards
at my break after our 15 minutes of fame.
KneeBumps

Post by KneeBumps »

Just got my copy (by Pony Express, I guess). Beautiful cover bent in half as usual. Agreed that this was one strange article, more suited for Jeff Spicoli's high school biology class. :?
"All I want in this life of mine is some good clean fun
All I want in this life and time is some hit and run"
Lowell George
randiego

Re: bfd

Post by randiego »

CaptKneemo wrote:if you dont have anything good to say, dont say anything that might make people cry. shhhhhh! :cry:

Tim, the only one crying around here is you. Of course, the fact that it's Albert on the cover has gotta hurt a little, yeah? :wink: :(

For everyone else - 99% of this community is stoked about this, without reservation. If you're unable to share in that, I suggest you start a thread called "My unfavorable opinion about X" and do your whinging in there. :P
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

Hey Capt.,
Is'nt seeking validation and recognition (by posting here) from the same "herd" you speak of.... kind of the same thing as trying to be in the herd? I mean if you did'nt really care what that herd thought why constantly try to infiltrate the paddock?
Kind of like a sheep in a wolf suit :idea:
Would'nt it be easier to just play nice and join the herd?
You're giving us real wolves a baaaaad name :lol:
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
norm
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by norm »

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the kneeboarding article and seeing the pics in SJ. Steeno and the crew who made the effort to give a view of KB evolution and some of the essence of why we kneeboard is outstanding. I could relate to much of the article because I kneeboard, but I believe other surfers reading the ariticle could also relate, and recognize that kneeboard design and riding styles have influence mainstream surfing. I'd like to have a beer with the persons who had a hand in making this possible, and share a session.....

Aloha,
norm
RMcKnee

Vocab.

Post by RMcKnee »

Cappy wrote:ps its spelled whining! (thats been buggin me for days)
Actually, Randy's using an old Australianism here.

Whinge: a verb, meaning to complain persistently in a peevish or irritating way, also used as a noun meaning the act of complaining in such manner.

Hence: whinger (n: one who whinges), whingeing (adj). We don't use the verb "to whine" much here.

Of course Randy's opinion, one of many to be found on this site, is his own, no matter how many may share it.
yogisurf

Post by yogisurf »

I went to 5 stores that sold mags on Saturday, could not find it on the shelf. Only 1 store had Surfer. No surf shops in my neighborhood. So I ordered directly from the Journal, about $21 delivered to my door.
/Yogi
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

Copies arrived yesterday. Well done Steen et al.
I quite like the way Mr Endo approaches his subject.
Shelfbreak
snap

Post by snap »

surfers journal

seanscottphotography in Burleigh Headshas copies ofkneeboarding
issue