SURFER'S JOURNAL

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

BillL
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by BillL »

Awesome Steen!! All those years of perserverence, hard work, talent and a passion for what we all share are paying off. You truly deserve a cover and I'm stoked it's the Surfer's Journal, it's my favorite and I feel the most intelligently written surf rag out there. Hat's off to you and Simon, Albert and Chayne, you guys are the best examples of modern kneeboarding to show the world surf community what is out there. Unreal.
BillL

Post by BillL »

I just got the issue yestrerday and heard a lot of comments about it in the water today, "Yeah, I know those dudes". It's a very well written, an almost anthropological Darwinian study of the genus Kneelo. In it David Parkes discusses the seperate evolutionary paths, the US Lis influencs and the Austrailian Peter Crawford influence with George Greenough crosslinking the two. Now, through this website we have the best of both worlds. Excellent read. Good job boys!
Last edited by BillL on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bdwqld

Post by bdwqld »

I'm starting to look pretty stupid standing next to the letter box all day!
"Start at the Knees Please"
http://neepro.blogspot.com/
jdc

Post by jdc »

a book that left new york 0n the 28th november turned up today :D very late christmas prez :D

so i will now be more than happy to order the sj and except that the bunny might bring the journal
i like surfing
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Got mine in the mail yesterday :D
randiego
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by randiego »

Mine arrived Friday, so I had TWO killer arrivals in one day!! :P :P :P
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
alfredo zavala

Post by alfredo zavala »

Today it feels like I stepped into some alternate universe . . . It's KNEEBOARD WEEK on Korduroy TV AND I recieved my SJ in the mail and there is a Kneeboarder on the cover!! :shock: :shock:
I really am dumbfounded.
But Stoked!
frog

Ya Mon!!!

Post by frog »

Wow!!!! After all these years we are finaly getting some prop!!! SJ my hats off to you! Can wait to get my copy. Capt. come on everything is made in China. Expect kneeboarder! At least maybe we all get some respect in the water or not! Who care. And I will write a letter to SJ for just putting a kneelo on the cover!
KenM

Post by KenM »

"The most widespread fallacy regarding the evolution of the modern surfer is the persistent belief in Lamarckian inheritance. As you will undoubtedly recall from middle school biology, Jean Baptiste Pierre Antoine de Monet, Chevalier de la Marck, was a French scientist who believed that all living creatures continuously adapted to their environments through the use and/or disuse of certain body parts.....................................Barnes offers a speciation theory to explain the outstanding performance of the legless population................... Allometry is a term that describes the relationship between the size of an organism and the size of it's constituent parts, in this case, rider and board." Lamarkian inheritance? Speciaton theory? Allometry? What the fu..?
Captain Kneemo fan club

Post by albert »

KenM wrote: Lamarkian inheritance? Speciaton theory? Allometry? What the fu..?
Complain? abhor? ascribe? attack? bellyache? bemoan? bitch? carp? cavil? criticize? demur? denounce? deplore? deprecate? disapprove? dissent? expostulate? find fault? fuss? gainsay? gripe? groan? grumble? impute? indict? kick up a fuss? lament? lay? moan and groan? piss and moan about? whine? nag? object? oppose? protest? refute? repine? reproach? snivel? sound off? take exception to? wail? whimper? whine? yammer?

:roll:
MALLEE BULL

Post by MALLEE BULL »

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME ANY ONE SAW A KNEELO ON THE COVER OF A MAIN STREAM SURF MAG :?: WHO GIVES A RATS ARSE TO WHERE IT WAS PRINTED. THE SURF INDUSTRY SOLD OUT YEARS AGO.IT ALL ABOUT THE $$$. :twisted:
WELL DONE STEEN AND BERT 8) GREAT ACHIEVEMENT.
LOVE FIXING UP OLD BOARDS
AND STAINED GLASS WINDOWS
KenM

Post by KenM »

albert wrote:
KenM wrote: Lamarkian inheritance? Speciaton theory? Allometry? What the fu..?
Complain? abhor? ascribe? attack? bellyache? bemoan? bitch? carp? cavil? criticize? demur? denounce? deplore? deprecate? disapprove? dissent? expostulate? find fault? fuss? gainsay? gripe? groan? grumble? impute? indict? kick up a fuss? lament? lay? moan and groan? piss and moan about? whine? nag? object? oppose? protest? refute? repine? reproach? snivel? sound off? take exception to? wail? whimper? whine? yammer?

:roll:
Actually, none of the above. :lol:
Captain Kneemo fan club
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

You know the most challenging thing about getting kneeriding into a major publication, on any publication for that matter---is trust.

You have to trust who you are working with, and that the story they create will be positive towards yourself and the sport, and be presented in a manner that you are happy with.

Its kinda scary.

Its like laying everything you have down on the table and saying please be kind when you write this.

You have no control, except for the information you have supplied, this is something that the kneeriding community is used to, and it usually/as in the past, ends with editorial being negative towards kneerding.

I/we put alot of trust in Cyrus Sutton, Ted Endo, Steve Pezman & Scott Hulet. And I personally would be happy to say for the first time in a long time, they, a major surfing publication did something positive for kneeriding.

They write their stories to appeal to the intelligence of the audience that support it.

I thank them all, for no matter what writing style they used, they kept it positive as they promised.
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

Steen and Albert,
What you guys accomplished is historic and gives all Kneeboarders a sense of true pride. Don't even respond to these guys.

KSUSA has always allowed trolls to remain on the site... I guess it's to be "inclusive" or "objective" or something. (I've never understood it)

But the fact is, no one knows these guys. They are Internet no bodies who have never supported the site or the contests or the sport in any way.
Hopefully they will fade into obscurity where they belong.

Thank you again for making last week the greatest week in the history of our sport/lifestyle/sub-culture.

You're accomplishments are unparalleled.

EQ
Last edited by eqKneelo on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

It's not just about trust, it's about dealing with an entity that seeks the truth. I can't imagine anything negative about kneeboarding, and anyone writing something negative, or positive without quoting someone, or having facts, and presenting a balanced report isn't practicing journalism. It's just editorializing/opinions, and you know what they say about those.
Kneeboarding is just another way of riding a wave when you get right down to it.
I don't read Surfers Journal, but I would assume they have a little higher standard than some surf blog with an agenda. I would rather read news than PR. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction