General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

eqKneelo
Legend (Contribution King!)

SURFER'S JOURNAL

Post by eqKneelo »

Hi guys,
I'm sure, if you're as stoked as I am, you are scrambling to your local surf shot to buy this current historic issue.

May I make a suggestion:

Get a subscription.

Write SJ a letter or email and tell them, " You just earned my hard earned money. Thank you."

I had a subscriptions for over a decade, but let it lapse.

I'm getting a two year subscription and letting them know they are speaking to a very passionate consumer who will continue to support any magazine that supports my niche.

EQ
alfredo zavala

Post by alfredo zavala »

Really good idea EQ! Been a subscriber for 12+ years. While we're at it throw some support toward Korduroy TV Too! Driend of the Kneeboarder too!
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

All I have to say is YAHOO IT IS SO COOL!! I'm stoked for Albert. I'm stoked for Steen. And I'm stoked for all of us.
Joel5150Photo
Local (More than 25 post)

S.J.Covershot!!!

Post by Joel5150Photo »

javascript:emoticon(':D')Greetings,joel5150photo here!! I think E.Q. is right,a letter to S.J. would be great if every one in ksusa wrote a e-mail or a real paper letter saying Thank You perhaps they would do it again,more photos more articles about kneeboarding AND selling 2000 MORE MAGS AT $ 12.00 is a chunk of change,Money talks..B.S. walks!!!! Meaby surfer,surfing transworld would follow suit???as soon as S.J. hits news stand im gonna buy a copy,!!!!!!!!!! "on small step for surfing,one giant leap for kneelos!!!"J5150.
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

Cant wait to read CaptainKneemo's article when it comes out, it will be gold.
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
MWROBERTSON

Sj

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Yes, congrats and hats off to Steeno, Albert and the crew. I'm really stoked for you guys. 8)

I have not seen the article yet. I have been checking the mailbox daily to see if the issue is in. No luck yet. I have been a subscriber since day one. The shelfs are filled at home. My wife wonders what I will do with all these saved editions.

Sj is one of the better publications around. They draw from the past, present and will look into the future.
Craig
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Craig »

Not in the mail box today, maybe tomorrow... Hats off too SJ.... Steen and crew awesome job 8)
sTiLl a gRoM
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

Steeno wrote:Cant wait to read CaptainKneemo's article when it comes out, it will be gold.
:lol:
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

congrats Steen 8)
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
RMcKnee

I should not respond to trolls.

Post by RMcKnee »

CaptKneemo wrote:have you noticed they dumped a bunch of their paid staff writers a while ago and replaced the stories with any yahoo who writes a letter and claims celebrity? i'm sure they did this for cost saving too. and did anyone really think the lis article, just to name one, was well written? it had lots of info and pics of errrrr "stevie" which was great but, the writing?
Or did some sneaking troll mysteriously assume the irascible Captain's identity for the purpose of creating a little mischief?

Neither Cher Pendarvis, who wrote the SJ article on Steve Lis, nor Steve Lis himself, are personal friends of mine. However, I've been lucky enough to have sufficient interaction with both to know that Steve Lis and Cher Pendarvis are honest, humble, committed surfers who are also honest, humble and committed human beings. Both are the kind of people who in thought and deed are compassionate, considerate and conscientious. Both have done more for surfing and surfers by way of spreading the spirit of aloha than most of us could dream of doing in several lifetimes. Cheap shots are always wide of the mark and say as much of an unflattering nature about the person taking them as does misguided hero-worship.

I'd continue but for what my mother used to tell me when I was young: "If you've nothing nice to say about someone, keep your mouth shut."
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

RMcKnee-

Don't let truth get in the way of Captain's bitter cynicism.

:wink:
joe

Post by joe »

Congratulations to Steen and legless.tv. Well done.
alfredo zavala

Post by alfredo zavala »

On the subject of the truth setting you free. . . From what I can tell the Surfers Journal was never printed in the U.S. I'm just sayin' . . .
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

mdlynch wrote:Congratulations on the cover shot.

On the other hand, it sure seems hard to post an honest opinion on here. :?:
If by "honest" you mean "bitter, jaded, negative, and pointless" then yeah, sure.
mmanners

Tempest in a kneecup

Post by mmanners »

Many year subscriber, and I really have enjoyed it over the years. I agree with EQ. If you need to piss get out of the pool, we're all enjoying the water.

Lighten up and Enjoy the Glide,
M2