One of these days

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

womble
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by womble »

I think all you p-ricks need to settle down a bit ... tough guy internet is so yesterday ... whilst I agree that naming places can be an issue ... the two destinations that this topic has arisen in and segued through are far from secret ... remote and less popular is what they is.
The crowd factor at any surf spot on the planet has increased over the years ... the past is the past and just that ... try not to live in it ... look forward ... not back ... . yesterday has gone away ... the sun comes up with a brand new day ... fair enough don't advertise ... but don't be surprised when a couple more guys beat you to the break before sunrise ... open your eyes ... and realise this ... think about it before you shout me down ... a kneeboarder mentioning ambiguously ... semi-ambiguously ... or outrightly a slightly and often fickle wave in a not so popular destination on this web site is going to cause ... in a nut shell ... nothing or even less of an influx ... to think otherwise is unwise.
The whole idea of this site is to strengthen the bonds between this group of unique and unorthodox wave riders ... the nitpicking is for nitwits ... please cease and desist ... driving wedges will only separate ... especially the east coast fraternity of the girt by sea ... yes ... thats right from cape trib ta tassy ... settle down ya ding-bats ... this is not a dick swinging competition.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand.
While imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Albert Einstein ... Yeah Bert.
feralmick

Post by feralmick »

:D Onya Womble, didn`t know you could speak with such poise and common sense.
There was a time when Noosa was a secret spot, but that was a different era. Times have changed, anyone can google earth any beach they choose, jump in the 4x4 and go Or check the surfcams then jump on a plane.
If we havn`t done it we`d like to.
I realised long ago that we all like visiting other beaches (secret or not) so why should we complain when others come to our spot.
With all the crowds at Noosa, about 90% of people don`t get into localism or any agro. If they do, it just spoils their day.
Instead, they enjoy a classic wave in a beautiful spot.
People come from around the world and all over Australia to ENJOY the place.
Most days i get my share of waves, but i`m also happy to see a visitor sharing the fun, or my friends,their kids and the grandkids.
On the occasions the surf is fickle or too many mals in one spot, i get grumpy :x , until i realise all the good days i`ve had and hopefully pleanty more to come. :lol:
3 years ago the Noosa Festival of surfing was held in classic offshore 3-8 ft surf for 7 days. With over 700 competitors plus family and friends it was hectic in the water. Like a lot of locals, i had 3 surfs but found it too hectic so watched from the shore. Turned out to be a great week sitting on the shore with friends watching the world`s best mal riders carving up beautiful waves all day every day for a week. Took some spectacular pics.
Comp finished, life returned to normal -lots of happy people and memories.
But maybe i should be a whinger and begrudge all those travellers their 1 ggood week at my local spot-WHO THE HELL DO THEY THINK THEY ARE????? :cry:
ross
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by ross »

Womble!!
The more annoyed you get the more I can understand you! I want no part in any dick swinging. When I initally read Riqs post I admit I cringed. But I did not react.

Mick!
Hope you are well mate.
Something I need to point out to you guys is that at no time through either this thread or the other thread that was moderated did I refer to any break as a secret. Nor did I claim any local status.

Living in a well touristed area you would see that at times some tourists, after visiting your beautiful area leave their rubbish behind. Spoiling it for those that follow. That sux right?

So if you do the research, check your google earth, throw the cash behind getting somewhere and find it pristine, good on you. Wouldn't it be nice if it was still that way when you return? The mentality of telling people you don't even know all the details is beyond me. "Oh well I scored, F#@k everyone else." Is that it?

My problem is as much to do with the motivation behind the public spruiking as exposure of regions.

I wonder if all the friendly locals that we meet in our travels would be so friendly if you mentioned to them that their spot would feature in your next internet bragging session.

I'm finished here, I know I'm trying to hold back the tide. :oops: :roll:
Oilman
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Oilman »

Here here Womble !

:D
STAY SAFE, STAY KEEN !
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

:roll:
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
feralmick

Post by feralmick »

:) G`day Ross, :) Riq, :) Womble, :) Ab, :D Oilman and everyone else :D .
Just broke down into laughter reading this. We do have our differing opinioins but in the end most of us find a way to get on.
Hope everyone has a good day and look forward to seeing all of you in the water some time. :D
I`m off to Noosa on the weekend to practise weaving through the crowds :shock: Will be my 3rd surf this year.
Enjoy those barrels Riq, they`re few and far between.
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :wink: :wink:
fruitbat

Post by fruitbat »

Hey Mick-hope to catch up some time this year.

Cheers

Eric
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Your a breath of fresh air Mick ..... good onya, I like 'em all too, Ross, Riq (gotta catch up sometime mate- I was born in Tassy (scar on the neck and all that) but left at 13yrs old so I would'nt know where to surf down there), Womble, AB & Oily .... as well as yourself old fella, and life'd be boring if we all thought and acted the same. Won't say any more .... I am feeling a sermon coming on ........
Cheers Wolruss
finger

Post by finger »

YEP
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

C'mon, finger lecturing again :lol: :lol:
jdkneelo

Post by jdkneelo »

To quote the great Danny Green You be a local in the water i,ll be a local in the carpark.
Kauaikneelo

Post by Kauaikneelo »

Who reads this site anyway. :lol:
Aloha from the Kingdom of Atooi
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

old kneelo's with too much time on their hands :lol:
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
jdc

Post by jdc »

strange how the moderator accepts analbirth but not richard cranium

but that is of course womble, if he/she does not go for the meaning over the words :wink:

womble you have a lovely aggressiveness hidden in nice words and and a bit verse or did your tough guy internet hidden as attempted wit end as of thursday usa time :P

"....keep even whats not secret secret and the mysterious grows...'

or

"...you dont think the fruit you taste the fruit..."

which is why immagination is not always better than knowledge, so ... bust through to a new level sunny jim :wink:

ciao!
i like surfing
bdwqld

Post by bdwqld »

Ummm.........
Are people getting upset because Riq had a great day in the surf :?
I just don't get it :shock:
But I did see that picture that wanderer was talking about 8)
"Start at the Knees Please"
http://neepro.blogspot.com/