Surf Report 2012

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

K-man
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by K-man »

Went back to OB yestiddy in the AM...Not as good as mon/tues.A bit of bump..still good though... :D Jumped in about the chalet,jumped out around the dunes.Swell jumped last night,The north reefs over here will be fun on the ebb.Looks like a good bump on the buoys sat/sun...SSE winds?Gonna be OS further north.

Lifes a beach....
sf_firestarter
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by sf_firestarter »

OB was spectacular on Tuesday night and almost as good on Wednesday at or about Lawton. I got so many waves on Tue I actually never stoped paddling for over an hour. Best surf I've scored this fall!

Sounds like many of you were out too but no sightings. Still looks good today but small.
K-man

Post by K-man »

Swell jumped!Reefs out of control....Surfed the kiddie pool..3to 5 crapola.Crab boats going in and out of the channel.. :roll: Boat wakes +backwash=.... mayhem... :lol: Got a few.The baitball will be gone tomorrow.
Casey Patelski

HB Cove Combos Up Monday Nov-19-2012

Post by Casey Patelski »

Combo south and west swells at Kneelo Cove this am. Offshores till 10 am. Firing lefts and rights, 1 to 2 ft overhead on the sets, no current. Pretty epic surf session with Razor, Ed Dimick, Putzy, Wayne, Westley, TFish, Hayward. Pushed my Blast Stub Vector to the limits. Using the Future Controller Quad set = insane drive excelleration, control and loose when you want it.
Last edited by Casey Patelski on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
KneeBumps

Post by KneeBumps »

Another storm whacking the MidAtlantic (S-Turns overwashing AGAIN), forecast to clean up Friday but everyone's still talking about all the wood, metal and debris in the water from Sandy.......
"All I want in this life of mine is some good clean fun
All I want in this life and time is some hit and run"
Lowell George
sf_firestarter

Post by sf_firestarter »

Ocean Beach was fun Sat and Sun late morning. Crowd mid beach was insane, stupid, ridiculous. Oh, how I enjoy yelling at a guy dropping in on me, who I then have to shove off his board as I go by...get the f---k out of the water!

A southern walk proved to be rewarding on Sunday and much more relaxing for certain.

I spotted a kneeboarder on a light blue board north of Lawton on Saturday also. Who?
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Don and I surfed P-O around 8AM Saturday... fun!
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Surfed Bolsa the other day with a bunch of kneelos. I overheard one standup say to another, "man, these kneeboarders travel in herds." :lol:
There were a lot of us. :D Usually you have to go to the Cove to see that many kneelos at once. 8)
I'm still for kneelos taking over the south side bowl, or north side. For you Ozies, that would be like a bunch of you taking over "Ours." :lol:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
evans
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by evans »

Your post got me thinking Mike. That guy said we travel in herds. I think kneeboarders should have a better name for a group of us than a herd. Like a murder of crows, a flamboyance of flamingos, an intrusion of cockroaches..we deserve better than a herd. Any ideas?
Scott

Post by Scott »

Down in Santa Barbara to enjoy Christmas with my daughter/son-in-law. He surfs (naturally, or why else would she pick him?) and he decided to take me to a sort-of secret spot north of SB. About a 20 minute walk in to look for predicted 3' footers on a Sunday afternoon (his birthday). Instead, we found a virtually deserted reef break with 6 different breaks, and with 6' sets just firing--so fast and fun, tubing with light offshores on top of glass. I had my Stubb and swapped out some bigger fins, which I really needed to keep up with the speed. Had two of the best waves I've had all fall. Wow--what a spot. I later found some YouTube video of the same place with a segment when it's about 8-10' and the same screaming waves with minimal people. Nice to see these places still exist in SoCal. Happy birthday to Steven and merry Christmas to us both!

I think I may make the four hour drive back down here some time on a big west swell...
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
barry

Post by barry »

Scott
those big west swells are forecast for the next 2 weeks!!!!
I'm off on wed,thurs if you feel like coming down?
Also planning on taking friday the 11th off due to the long range forecast looking so promising (and massive)
keep in touch
IronMonkeyone

Surf up and down the coast.

Post by IronMonkeyone »

Hello fellow kneeboarders. It seems like we have ALL been getting some fun ones at our local breaks.... What an awesome winter opening couple of swells. I have been getting more than my share too.

On another note:

I have a couple of kneeboards, I would like to sell. they are new and in awesome condition. Great shapes, and one would be great for someone about 215 in weight, and the other for someone about my size, I fluctuate between 120 -190 depending on mood swings( you know eating bon-bons and such)... Actually the second board is good for 175 to 195 in weight... Would someone assist me in getting some pics posted?
Thanks much.
May the next swell bring even more Christmas cheer to everyone! SANTA LIVES!!!!!!
Joey G. in SD.
I am part monkey and part fish. Opposable thumbs and great set of gills and flippers.
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

Scored some clean HH waves 2 weekends in a row, the last weekend with my brother visiting from Va Beach. He was stoked to surf 71 degree, clean green water.
I've been riding my epoxy board when it's clean and really like it, anyone else a fan of epoxy boards?
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

barry wrote:Scott
those big west swells are forecast for the next 2 weeks!!!!
Monterey Bay swell model is showing 12.5 @ 14 seconds this morning... 8)
Willy Kelly

Post by Willy Kelly »

Humboldt forcast 15-18 plus with good cond. :twisted: for the week to come
better bring your big boy pants :lol:

peace and good waves