Padding fin footpockets

General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

mtkber
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Padding fin footpockets

Post by mtkber »

Has anyone tried, and had any success, cementing neoprene inside the footpockets of their fins (like Vipers)? I'm considering gluing 3mm neoprene on the top, inside, of a pair of duck feet in order to get away from wearing fin socks.

Any advice on a glue? Contact cement, aqua-seal or a neoprene cement? None of these adhesives seem to bond very permanently to the rubber of the fin. Thanks, Steve.
skansand
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by skansand »

Barge Contact cement is the right foot stuff to use.... Some fins with really soft foot pockets can benefit from milk-jug plastic inserts under the neoprene to stiffen the foot pocket and transfer more power....
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
Angie
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Angie »

When i was a bodyboarder i used to use that glue that comes in a bicycle tyre puncture kit, remeber to roughen up the rubber before using the glue, the glue needs something to grip to.
Fossil Man
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Fossil Man »

Viper used to or still does sell a pair of neoprene inserts and recommended using Super Glue ( I'm told make sure you DON'T use Crazy Glue ). I put some neoprene pieces around the top inside edge of my old Scott flippers years ago w/ Super Glue and it's still holding.
Kneeboarding since 1976; always searching for the ultimate sled, always in awe and grateful for the work of master craftsmen, Romanosky, Frye, Cleary, Mc Cray, Timpone, Ballestar, Minami, Hart.