General discussion area for kneeboard surfing and general surf related topics

Moderator: Moderator

gimmee water
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by gimmee water »

Hi everyone I'am new to this site . I have been playing in the ocean since I was 9 body surfing / rafting / bellyboarding [ yes thats what we called it in the 60s and they were plywood ] and then stand up surfing. Well as I'am now 58 and all broken down and find it hard to get to my feet these days I have been bodyboarding but would like to try kneeboarding. I would like to find a cheap board to start off any ideas I'am 5' 11'' and 225 lbs I would like to be able to catch more waves and just cruise. thanks for your time D
cake
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by cake »

Where are you going to be surfing?
gimmee water

Post by gimmee water »

I will be going out mostly north county san diego but also up to hb to surf with friends.
mmanners

Post by mmanners »

Welcome,
Many of us have several boards.I suggest you try a couple before you buy anything, even used. There's a crew in HB and some in O-Side.. Email me if you come up to HB, and I'll be glad to let you have a go on one of my boards. I'm a weekend warrior but there's a few guys out here most days.

M2
gogglefog
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by gogglefog »

I have a board you might want. tried to pm you but can't get the message to send.
give me a call or pm me.
john 619 247 5212
gimmee water

Post by gimmee water »

Well I would just like to thank googlefog [ John ] for his very generous gift of a great kneeboard. Looks like theres a bigger learning curve than I thought of course. I will be out there trying to get this down . thanks again John
C.P.Odom
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by C.P.Odom »

Do you surf the Oceanside area? There are a good number of Kneeboarders that frequent the Harbor and Pier.
Never leave well enough alone.
gimmee water

Post by gimmee water »

I have gone out at the harbor one time I like it there. gonna be going there more .
I saw one kneeboarder out that time.
gimmee water

Thank you googlefog and Casey

Post by gimmee water »

I would just like to take this time to thank googlefog [ john ] for the crazy gift of what seems to be a almost new board. I have taken it out only once so far and have to say there is more to it than thought PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE . I would also like to thank Casey for putting on the new cove pad today can't wait to go out and try it. I just like to say so far all the kneelos I have met have been very cool guys.
Tinso

Post by Tinso »

Look up 'cool' in any dictionary - there's a picture of a kneelo cruising a dirty grinding tube...
...but I like to be different...
gimmee water

Post by gimmee water »

Just went out at sanofre only the second time I have used my kneeboard. I caught about 6 waves in my hour and a half session way more than I have in years on my surfboard. I gotta say I'am stoked can't wait to go out again I love it.
Casey Patelski

Post by Casey Patelski »

Right on Doug (gimmiewater). Keep at it bro!
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.